Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

likaq

Arcane
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/w...per-next-gen-reboot.453074577/#post-474896673

Retard drunken_bastard about Shadowrun Returns:

Its 2013 but they are making it like its 1995. Games were made that way at the time because of technical limitations.

Yes. Just like fallout 1 and 2 were iso+tb because of technical limitations..... *

* acording to biggest polish computer magazine cd-action:

If you think "Fallout 3 is not Fallout anymore", remember the conversation with NPCs in the previous games, which were always presented face-to-face. I dare say that only because of technical limitations Fallout didn't use FPP from the beginning. There is no better way of quickly identifying with the character you roleplay than looking through their eyes, from their perspective...

farnsworth_this_planet.png

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It was due to technical limitations that humans had to think. Luckily that was all solved in the 21st century. Now we're free to be emotionally engaged from cinematic experiences.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
* acording to biggest polish computer magazine cd-action:

If you think "Fallout 3 is not Fallout anymore", remember the conversation with NPCs in the previous games, which were always presented face-to-face. I dare say that only because of technical limitations Fallout didn't use FPP from the beginning. There is no better way of quickly identifying with the character you roleplay than looking through their eyes, from their perspective...

farnsworth_this_planet.png
It's obvious that we are sending the flood water to the wrong country. Sorry Germany, we should be flooding Poland.

Brinko

Arcane

Molyneux's new scheme to make rent. Also I don't really remember people shooting loads over Fable 1, it was more along the lines of this game is utter shit and doesn't do anything like was advertized.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Molyneux's new scheme to make rent. Also I don't really remember people shooting loads over Fable 1, it was more along the lines of this game is utter shit and doesn't do anything like was advertized.

It was liked in my country because it didn't require too much english.(for it's time at least)It was mediocre action game but it had it's moments.Main problem is that sequels were so bad they made it look like a classic.

laclongquan

Arcane
Is for TV guys, not consoles... which is even more derp, since it means they are thinking of adding kinectic-like retardness to fucking Tvs...

I doubt it will fly, the cost of making a ad like this would be insane, and only people with the new/expensive Sony TV would see, so is not really something attractive.

Ten years ago we say, spending most of game dev cost on pretty graphic and marketing tricks is stupid and lead to stupid games. I doubt they will be stupid enough to do so. plus, there's not enough powerful rigs to run those game.

Looking back we underestimated the power of stupidity and the rapidity of hardware progress too much.

So I think the ads like that is the wave of future. just you wait.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
He forgot to mention someone walks into the room and the game stops until he pays an additional fee for exceeding the audience limit of the purchased license.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Is for TV guys, not consoles... which is even more derp, since it means they are thinking of adding kinectic-like retardness to fucking Tvs...

I doubt it will fly, the cost of making a ad like this would be insane, and only people with the new/expensive Sony TV would see, so is not really something attractive.

Ten years ago we say, spending most of game dev cost on pretty graphic and marketing tricks is stupid and lead to stupid games. I doubt they will be stupid enough to do so. plus, there's not enough powerful rigs to run those game.

Looking back we underestimated the power of stupidity and the rapidity of hardware progress too much.

So I think the ads like that is the wave of future. just you wait.

I blame Microsoft for accelerating the console arms race.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom