Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Cosmo and I think it's a joke. But apparently, it's not.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1670640/sony-files-patent-to-make-tv-ads-into-video-games#1

:hmmm:

inine-08246454-009-small.jpg
It's not just the mere existence of them. It's mainly their sick subhuman sociopathic manipulation methods. They are alien monsters and don't belong to this world.
Bullshit. The only subhumans are the dumbfuck masses who allow themselves to be manipulated. If they're that weak and stupid, they deserve to be milked dry of money by their betters.

This specific idea is derp though, since it'll be expensive as fuck to make ads for, and relies on the target buying the hardware to enable it, which would have a very hard time catching on. Pretty high cost for minimal added benefit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ads in video games. I knew this was coming one way or another, but I hoped it would be a distant threat lingering on the horizion of an unspecified future. Now when it advances closer I just want point and laugh at console gamers (while in reality I die inside, because the realization that this fate sooner or later will also hit PC games makes me shiver in disgust)

"This was coming"? It's already happened.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Bullshit. The only subhumans are the dumbfuck masses who allow themselves to be manipulated. If they're that weak and stupid, they deserve to be milked dry of money by their betters.
Attempt of manipulation is disgusting in itself. But I doubt a melonhead sociopath like you would understand.

Cassidy

Arcane
Consoles that have a lot in common with the telescreens of 1984, except people are brainwashed into something that is both authoritarian and retarded and are paying to be treated like imbeciles. The retardation of humanity truly has no limits.

:decline:

Tytus

Arcane
Ads in video games. I knew this was coming one way or another, but I hoped it would be a distant threat lingering on the horizion of an unspecified future. Now when it advances closer I just want point and laugh at console gamers (while in reality I die inside, because the realization that this fate sooner or later will also hit PC games makes me shiver in disgust)

"This was coming"? It's already happened.

Goddamnit Infinitron You know how to crush man's hopes for a better tomorrow.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Attempt of manipulation is disgusting in itself. But I doubt a melonhead sociopath like you would understand.
Flattery will get you nowhere.

baturinsky

Arcane
It's not just the mere existence of them. It's mainly their sick subhuman sociopathic manipulation methods. They are alien monsters and don't belong to this world.
Unfortunately, no. They are ordinary people, natural products of this world. That's the horror of it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/22320/discussions/0/846954921885413349/

Has this game aged well?​
My first Elder Scrolls was Oblivion. Recently completed Skyrim. I was interested in Morrowind but looking at screenshots it looks very heavy on the reading...(and I can't help but TL;DR) Not to mention the whole game itself doesn't quite well thoughtout in terms of UI. Just my opinion from a few gameplay videos and screenshots.

If you've played it before, would you say it aged well over these years? Could a more modern Elder Scrolls player pick this game up?​

Actually, it's not really the reading itself it's just the amount they throw at you at once. Each NPC has a load of dialogue and it'sannoying to have to sit on down and read all of it. Each person is like the books.​

I like visual novel games, but those are visual novels...and this is Elder Scrolls..I'm not expecting to read so much hoo-ha and I am certainly not prepared to deal with the tiny UI and try to find out what to do next.​

About the exploration, ...sure, I like to explore. I spent a lot of gameplay hours in Oblivion just running around and seeing what wackiness I could find next...However, that's my choice. I don't want myself being so restricted all the time. If I want to get to Anvil, I want to get to Anvil then and there without having to look for a mode of transportation in-game. I'm not looking for such senseless immersion. I play videogames for relaxation, and I don't find so much obnoxious gameplay relaxing.​

I will leave that kind of gameplay to the players with the nerve to do those things.​

I've looked and read about the pre-Oblivion. I don't care about much of the older Elder Scrolls, because to me, they're not what I think are Elder Scrolls. They don't provide as much fodder for adventure as Oblivion and Skyrim, and they restrict the player in so many areas it's simply bothersome. The game has changed. Elder Scrolls isn't some lousy Wolfenstein rip-off game anymore.​

Fire away, guise. I was civil enough, but feel free to spread some codex tough love.

Borelli

Arcane
I don't care about much of the older Elder Scrolls, because to me, they're not what I think are Elder Scrolls.
But in Daggerfall you can be a knight! And buy a horse! And run ride around and kill things!:roll:

Delterius

Arcane
there is Moly looking down upon us because he's GOD!

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the kid who picked the last pieces of the cube at the very last 15 minutes. Molyneux' ego is quite beyond that, on level with the Lady of Pain. As in the pain of a thousand Fable fans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom