Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Tehdagah

Arcane
Anita Sarkee$ian said:
Clip Montage- Resident Evil 5 “Get that device off her chest!”

Although the narratives all differ slightly the core element is the same, in each case violence is used to bring these women “back to their senses”.

These stories conjure supernatural situations in which domestic violence perpetrated by men against women who’ve “lost control of themselves” not only appears justified but is actually presented as an altruistic act done “for the woman’s own good”.
I love how she threw away the entire context of the scene :lol::lol::lol:

Anita Sarkee$ian said:
In Dante’s Inferno your murdered wife’s soul is trapped in hell and you must fight to free her.

In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow your murdered wife’s soul is trapped on Earth and you fight to free her.

The Damsel in the Refrigerator is part of larger trend of throwing women under the bus in increasingly gruesome ways in an apparent attempt to interject what I’ll loosely refer to as “mature themes”. Developers must be hoping that by exploiting sensationalized images of brutalized women it will be enough to fool gamers into thinking their games are becoming more emotionally sophisticated, but the truth is there is nothing “mature” about most of these stories and many of them cross the line into blatant misogyny.
Never played Dante's Inferno, but there aren't images of brutalized women in Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

lol, "domestic violence" in Resident Evil.

What's wrong, Grunker?

She's the opposite of a slut - sluts like dicks (and the men these dicks are attached to)

Instead you walk away,

Can I watch instead?

No, that's sexualization - you mammary obsessed male monster.

But what if you are watching the guy?

Typical boys' club mentality. Are women not good enough to join your sexual fantasies? :roll:

Is it true that she also attacked ICO? ICO!?! I mean you handhold a woman from start to finish so it's an obvious candidate but with attacking ICO she will piss off the artfags and they are the only one who may be on her side. Woman needs to learn some realpolitik.

Funny thing is, the villain in Ico is a powerful sorceress and her lackeys are the souls of sacrificed boys. Is that sexism? I am confuse

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Is it true that she also attacked ICO? ICO!?! I mean you handhold a woman from start to finish so it's an obvious candidate but with attacking ICO she will piss off the artfags and they are the only one who may be on her side. Woman needs to learn some realpolitik.

Funny thing is, the villain in Ico is a powerful sorceress and her lackeys are the souls of sacrificed boys. Is that sexism? I am confuse

Oh god spoilers:xUse the tags bro,I haven't finished it yet...

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
People die in videogames and sometimes those people are women
A man can get raped,eaten,boiled,skewered,tortured,dismembered...but when it's a woman even if their toe nails are broken somehow it becomes oppression of female gender.
These feminists really create retarded ideas from air as a publicity stunt and try to get attention by starting discussions about pointless issues.Real issues are forgotten or dismissed while they try garner attention by these pointless issues.They really hurt the cause they are supposed to protect by gaining apathy from random people on the net.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Feminism? Hmm, who will guess name of one of the ladies in the picture ? :smug:

W8QaWeH.jpg

Tytus

Arcane
Ads in video games. I knew this was coming one way or another, but I hoped it would be a distant threat lingering on the horizion of an unspecified future. Now when it advances closer I just want point and laugh at console gamers (while in reality I die inside, because the realization that this fate sooner or later will also hit PC games makes me shiver in disgust)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Is for TV guys, not consoles... which is even more derp, since it means they are thinking of adding kinectic-like retardness to fucking Tvs...

I doubt it will fly, the cost of making a ad like this would be insane, and only people with the new/expensive Sony TV would see, so is not really something attractive.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Obviously no one has watched "15 Million Merits" from the Black Mirror series on Channel 4.

"Resume viewing" was the soundbyte that jumped into my head when I saw these images.

Is for TV guys, not consoles... which is even more derp, since it means they are thinking of adding kinectic-like retardness to fucking Tvs...

I doubt it will fly, the cost of making a ad like this would be insane, and only people with the new/expensive Sony TV would see, so is not really something attractive.

Also people only watch ads because they can just passively wait until they're done, and sometimes it's entertaining. If you ask them to do something every time an ad appears onscreen (such as throwing pickles at the burger), they'll just get pissed off at the product. Youtube is already pretty annoying even with its simple "skip ad" button.

grdja

Augur
This, this, this... Fuck, my brain is glitching from "that". We need a stronger word then Decline to describe that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom