Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Coyote

Arcane
DraQ said:
Digger. Don't let the wombat protagonist put you off - not that it would in your case, this is more for the benefit of anyone else reading who clicks this and thinks "yet another furry webcomic", which it's not.

Well, personally, I've spent several years on a (now defunct) furry forum.

-snip-

While some preconceptions about 'typical furry' and resulting prejudices are well earned, 'typical furry' is but a statistical construct and being a furry is a lousy measure of suck.

Yeah, I was aware of that by reputation, hence my saying "not that it would in your case". Don't get me wrong - as I said about the asari stuff, it's not my thing, but I couldn't care less about what other people do to get off (unless it's, you know, serial killing or something); the only reasons I emphasized that Digger's not "yet another furry webcomic" are (a) there are a whole lot of really bad furry webcomics out there. In fact, the term "webcomic" itself had a stigma attached to it for a long time because people immediately associated them with poorly-drawn self-insert catpeople fucking each other. Whereas Digger has an anthropomorphic wombat as the protagonist, but the similarities pretty much end there. And (b) I remember there being a lot of knee-jerk anti-furry sentiment on these boards when I first started reading them (mosty directed at Jasede, IIRC), although I may have been mistaking Codex-style "gentle ribbing" with genuine hateful rants.

Extremely cool thing about the 36 Lessons of Vivec is that they are a palimpset of meanings - a single fragment of text has several different meanings depending on which layer you focus on, it's a distorted historical account, metaphysics, instruction manual of sorts addressed to future Nerevarine and even, at times, a collection of easter eggs poking fun at engine deficiencies of previous games in the series.

Yeah. It really is a shame that the guy responsible for them (I'm blanking on his name) has dropped off the grid, TES had some of the best world-building and attention to detail in the industry before Oblivion.

Nael said:
This is... really cool. I've been reading it all morning. Thanks for the link. :salute:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Now, so as not to draw this thread too far off track, here are a few more Bioforum posts.

Hey witcher!

Guess who NEVER EVER Releashed a game for a console?

Three guess and the first two don't count.

1) You say that like it's a bad thing.

2) "Releashed a game for a console": your words contain a wisdom beyond your intent.

How the hell is [Dragon Age's setting] Generic?

Last I heard, all witcher do is make things "GRIM DARK GRIM DARK GRIMY DARK DARK DARK"

and another btw , the engine of the first Witcher TOTALLY SUCKS , they need to produce a collectors edition to make a decent game.

Intentional irony, or just plain idiocy? You decide.

David Gaider said:
If they don't get to slap you, you don't get to slap them. You're not their mother.

Updated my dgaider.txt.

merillfixd.png

:lol: Gotta love the attention to detail, like how the ellipsis contains hearts instead of periods. If only it had found a way to slip in a mention of Nutella, then some Codexer heads would be exploding right about now.

DraQ

Arcane
Coyote said:
Yeah, I was aware of that by reputation, hence my saying "not that it would in your case". Don't get me wrong - as I said about the asari stuff, it's not my thing, but I couldn't care less about what other people do to get off (unless it's, you know, serial killing or something); the only reasons I emphasized that Digger's not "yet another furry webcomic" are (a) there are a whole lot of really bad furry webcomics out there. In fact, the term "webcomic" itself had a stigma attached to it for a long time because people immediately associated them with poorly-drawn self-insert catpeople fucking each other. Whereas Digger has an anthropomorphic wombat as the protagonist, but the similarities pretty much end there.
So it's a good furry webcomic then.
Works for me.
:smug:

Freefall is good, BTW, blending humour, hard SF and philosophical ramblings.
It's very slow paced, though and sometimes degenerates into rather inane gags.

And (b) I remember there being a lot of knee-jerk anti-furry sentiment on these boards when I first started reading them (mosty directed at Jasede, IIRC), although I may have been mistaking Codex-style "gentle ribbing" with genuine hateful rants.
There is a lot of anti-furry sentiment, but it's not any sort of insurmountable obstacle.

Jasede thing was, AFAIK, mostly inspired by his self loathing which made poking him rather irresistible. Also, I dimly recall him posting some furry "art" once, which, in those gentler times, gave some codexers some mental scars.

Yeah. It really is a shame that the guy responsible for them (I'm blanking on his name)
Michael Kirkbride?

He seemed to be quite a douche, actually, but his ability to create interesting lore was awe inspiring.

Now, so as not to draw this thread too far off track, here are a few more Bioforum posts.

Hey witcher!

Guess who NEVER EVER Releashed a game for a console?

Three guess and the first two don't count.

1) You say that like it's a bad thing.

2) "Releashed a game for a console": your words contain a wisdom beyond your intent.

How the hell is [Dragon Age's setting] Generic?

Last I heard, all witcher do is make things "GRIM DARK GRIM DARK GRIMY DARK DARK DARK"

and another btw , the engine of the first Witcher TOTALLY SUCKS , they need to produce a collectors edition to make a decent game.

Intentional irony, or just plain idiocy? You decide.

Now that's some genuine The Best Thread Ever material. :retarded: :salute:

:lol: Gotta love the attention to detail, like how the ellipsis contains hearts instead of periods. If only it had found a way to slip in a mention of Nutella, then some Codexer heads would be exploding right about now.
I still can't wrap my head around anyone considering something so evidently dug up from the bottom of the uncanny valley cute.

Itz like this thing Lovecraft was writing about.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
Uncanny valley...Itz like this thing Lovecraft was writing about.

It may be of interest to you that there exist artistic renditions of mythos gods and creatures in anthromorphic form.

Feast your eyes upon a member of the great race of yith:

js0Gp.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Goddammit Draq stop changing your dragon color every 10 minutes.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Maybe some fanart will take your mind off Draq's no doubt php or animated gif based avatar changes.

FD7fP.jpg

:hmmm:

Nael

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
Maybe some fanart will take your mind off Draq's no doubt php or animated gif based avatar changes.

FD7fP.jpg

:hmmm:

Me said:
List of Nasty Sexual Pranks:

#923 - The Gaider Blood Hawke

After savagely fucking someone in the ass you smear some of the blood on your dick across your partner's nose and yell "Derp!"

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
Also, 'artistic', not artistic.

As you well know modern art is about the reactions it illicits from the viewer. Your disapproval has validated this particular example and added to its creative success.
:thumbsup:

DraQ

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
DraQ said:
Also, 'artistic', not artistic.

As you well know modern art is about the reactions it illicits from the viewer. Your disapproval has validated this particular example and added to its creative success.
:thumbsup:
If I immobilized you, then took a huge, juicy dump on your face, would it be an art?
Because I can bet on it eliciting strong emotional reaction (I won't wager on it being negative, though).

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
Because I can bet on it eliciting strong emotional reaction

You are confusing unlawful physical contact with art here by presupposing all actions leading to a emotional response can be defined as art, using a false analogy with a vivid example to induce generalised assumptions. I.e. Dragons with large cocks arouse furries, therefore all furries are aroused by large cocked-dragons. False.
:rpgcodex:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Excommunicator said:
I like your style of incline, meltdown :salute:

1 post in 8 years is pretty impressive, too.

I... am sgc_meltdown. And I come back to you now - at the turn of the tide. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom