Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Perishiko

Scholar
Naked_Lunch said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=418752
icon_salut.gif

Who typed that? I found it to be a funny little bit of reading.

They slapped the "closed" status on it before the flaming started... heh, that's funny.

Excrément

Arbiter
Data4 said:
Excrément said:
The Elder Scrolls 4
because the Codex need a whipping boy to avoid death.

The Elder Scrolls 4:
Because Excrément needs mediocrity to defend

-D4

who is defending what?
you know, I don't feel any need to defend something, a game...I would feel it if I was paid for that. and if you read my posts you will see I am not really a Oblivion defender even if I enjoy the game.

I just notice. what this forum be without Oblivion and Bethesda nowadays?

what would be De Gaulle without Hitler?
what would be Kennedy without Dallas?

Nutcracker

Scholar
Some great quotes from our friend Frankie:

My gaming time is limited so I have to have FUN when I play. Hard Core RPG's to me is NOT fun, it's too much thinking. That's why I've exclusivly played TES RPG's.

Worth sigging, i'd say.

There's more though:

RP-Lite is a GREAT analogy. You are correct. This is an RPG, but it's one that you can play and not have to think to hard to finish.

A Hard Core RPG is DnD and PnP type of RPG's. I think the Might and Magic would, to me, be considered Hard Core. NWN is another series, thanks to Ryuujin_0 for reminding me of that series. WoW is another one.

Thanks for the insight Frankie.

Perishiko said:
Naked_Lunch said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=418752
icon_salut.gif

Who typed that? I found it to be a funny little bit of reading.

They slapped the "closed" status on it before the flaming started... heh, that's funny.

That was me.

I tried posting it in their general Oblivion thread, but they locked it immediately. I don't think the mods even bothered reading it.

Then it was posted in their GD forum, and actually got some responses before the mod closed it claiming I was trying to incite a console war or something. Anyways...it lives on! http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14611

Rhombus

Liturgist
Before Volourn comes along.. I'll just post it so we can move along..

NWN IS THE BEST GAME EVAH!!11..

or something. There, now carry on...

And yeah.. I laughed at some of the comments there aswell.. didn't shit myself silly, but.. well, we all react diffrent ways.

User was nabbed fit

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=423931

(Just a quick note, I was wondering if I should post this in the morrowind section or oblivion, but since this is an oblivion issue (sort of) I decided to post it here. if you think this should have been posted in the morrowind section, well, cry me a river. Oblivion issue, so i'm posting in the oblivion section. nyah.)

My god, Bethesda, you should be ashamed. How could you let this disgusting content get into your game! GLORIFYING NUDITY! Utterly Filthy:

nude1.jpg

I've already e-mailed you, and dont give me that excuse that people who you have no affilations with whatsoever somehow "Modified" your video game to contain this smut. this is DISGUSTING. I'm petitioning for your game called morrowind to be changed to an AO rating, and, failing that, Petitionaing to have this filth banned from sale.

My 16 year old son should not have to look at this garbage! he was a fine, upstanding young boy untill he downloaded this "better bodies" hack you put out. trying to corrupt my young boy by releasing such filth.

He's still a child! he should not be subjected to real life depictions of male and female genetilia! he should be doing wholesome things such as reading, writing and studying all day than sitting at a computer playing your game that has BLATANT NUDITY.

This is your last warning bethesda. change the rating or I will be forced to pursue legal action against you and your evil hackers.

Nude2.jpg

Ahahahaha...

:lol:

Edit: And to think that some ESF retards actually thought that he was serious. Been brainwashed one too many times, it seems.

An ESF mod said:
At times, I also wish people would tag their sarcasm as sarcasm

That would defeat the purpose, cunt. At times, I wish less people were stupid.

SirDuke

Novice
I miss not being able to equip my constant effect levitation pants and walking around above the wilderness on my mission to cull every cliff racer in the game (many a happy hour spent doing same in Morrowind)

pantheon

Novice
kohla said:
A really good thread. Really. Trust me.

TES4:
Beta testing positions now available for $59.99

Excellent thread:

Oblivion:
- Dialogue not included
- Proving that nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!
- Not like your daddy's RPG, though playing it would probably kill him a little on the inside.
- Proving that a fresh coat of paint can tame even the most unruly game reviewer.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
- Proving that nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!
That is pretty unfair, I mean, most of the people who are so devoted to Oblivion are young teenagers and their biggest promoters either have stakes in the game or are gaming "journalists" who can't seem to "level up" past high school newspaper quality writing. Perhaps they believe that if they try to write any better or be more professional the world will just scale up to them making their progress meaningless.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Frankie has to be a Codex alt.. it just seems too contrived. That or there is a person out there that is really that.... scary. :shock:

Data4

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Frankie has to be a Codex alt.. it just seems too contrived. That or there is a person out there that is really that.... scary. :shock:

I think he's 100% bonafide and legit. There are people out there that are like that. Thick as bricks, and exponentially dumber.

Here's another gem.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=426461

It claims Oblivion is more of a roleplaying game than NWN. I didn't like NWN that much, but I'd defend to the death its status as a RPG over Oblivion any day, any time.

-D4

Data4

Arcane
baby arm said:
That would be a stupid way to die.

Yes, but sometime back in High School, I learned that hyperbole and exaggeration were effective tools for propaganda, so... <shrug>

-D4

kohla

Educated
Jaesun said:
Don't let his "Joined" date status fool you. He has been around the ESF boards since 2002 and I am guessing an admin helped him change his "Joined" date to this year.
Well, back to subject. Oblivion now has been elavated to a subject worthy of a Ph.D thesis case study. Perhaps rpgcodex members can help out this student ?

Kendar

Novice
Jaesun said:
Well, back to subject. Oblivion now has been elavated to a subject worthy of a Ph.D thesis case study.
This questionnaire is great. The questions are :

Is this game awesome ?
- Not really.
- Yes.
- Yes, sure.
- Yes, absolutly.
- Yes, definitely.
- Yes, the best ever.

Also :
Have you ever played RPGs before Oblivion?
Have you ever played FPSs before Project Gotham Racing ?

OverrideB1

Scholar
What really amuses the fuck out of me is their insistance that Oblivion's MQ isn't linear whereas NWN's was. WTF?

Someone please tell me... how is doing "B" after "A" in the MQ every fucking time you play the game not linear?

• Escape from prison
• Deliver the amulet
• Find the heir...

The fact that you can break off from the MQ to do piddling side quests and become head of every guild between step 2 and step 3 doesn't make the MQ any less linear than NWN's.

I stopped posting over at the ESF because I came to the opinion that the majority of people there were thick as two short planks. I may have to revise my estimate of their fucktardery sharply upwards.

Blahblah Talks

Arbiter
kohla said:
Well, back to subject. Oblivion now has been elavated to a subject worthy of a Ph.D thesis case study. Perhaps rpgcodex members can help out this student ?

Well, I didn't read the questionaire, but the first question that Kender quoted points to a very well put together troll.

That being said, I think there is room for a Ph.D. level study of TES and the modding community vis-a-vis the growing trend in user-created content. Of course, TES would only be a small part of it, and looking at things like Wiki, MySpace, FLikr, etc. would probably yield more interesting results, but I think there's something to be learned there. The whole idea of user-created content expanding/extending the reach/life of products is very interesting to me, and the success that this has had recently in creating Web traffic is indicative I think of it being a viable business model. Unfortunately, Bethesda doesn't seem to agree. If other developer's pick up on this idea, it could lead to some very interesting games. (Spore is interesting to me only for this reason.)

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
The questionnaire is a prank. Fair play, a well worked one as he does cite the right university and a leading Turkish statistics bloke.

But strangely he has no comeback when I post under my real name with the ickle letters after it.

I shall now go and relearn humility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom