Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3b0fh8.png
4imiyd.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Morrowind_2018-10-06_23.34.49.044.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_14.49.10.855.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_15.54.08.496.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_16.03.00.578.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_22.49.40.922.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_22.44.27.092.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_23.42.09.428.png

Morrowind_2018-10-08_14.17.18.968.png

Morrowind_2018-10-09_20.32.02.613.png

Morrowind_2018-10-09_21.59.23.153.png

Morrowind_2018-10-09_22.27.48.605.png

Morrowind_2018-10-09_22.34.05.254.png

Morrowind_2018-10-09_22.30.39.667.png

Morrowind_2018-10-09_22.40.33.182.png

Morrowind_2018-10-07_22.44.12.880.png
Morrowind_2018-10-08_14.13.55.982.png

Mods:

- Vurt's Groundcover: meshes and textures.
- Skies .iv: textures.
- Spriggans and Twiggans: Skyrim's look so much better.
- Better Bodies: meshes and textures.
- Better Robes: meshes.
- Better Morrowind Armor: meshes.
- MGE XE: distant land, water, fog and shaders.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It's fascinating to me that you can see it that way. Someone should dissect our brains and do a study.

No need to dissect our brains. There's probably something wrong with your eyes if you think HD textures, ENB or SweetFX look anything like the cat picture on a game like Skyrim. Like all things, people overreact just to prove an unexisting point.

At least this one image is based on facts (emulator smudge filters):

1374273471800.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Like all things, people overreact just to prove an unexisting point.
Especially since the whole point is that you can mess around with the settings until you find something that suits you. Some people overdo it, so what?
More like over 95% of people. The meme exists for a reason.

Yeah, because retards like yourself think their (retarded) opinions are fact. And said retards also happen to be in the vast minority. And resort to false arguments at that.

What would really help your argument is if you posted pictures that accurately represent that which the cat images displays, which I think would be a somewhat impossible task since it represent texture packs as tiling in 2D over what should be a tridimensional cat. :?

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
Yeah, because retards like yourself think their (retarded) opinions are fact. And said retards also happen to be in the vast minority. And resort to false arguments at that.

What would really help your argument is if you posted pictures that accurately represent that which the cat images displays, which I think would be a somewhat impossible task since it represent texture packs as tiling in 2D over what should be a tridimensional cat. :?
It's not like I can point to any surveys on this. ReShade/SweetFX just offers way too many options for the average user to handle. If used well it can enhance the graphics of some games. I've used it too (and have been guilty of overusing it in the past), with VtMB for example. But just take a look at the presets people have uploaded for that game, and prepare to vomit. They are all way too dark and bloomy, or use dumb gimmicks, or change the look of the game completely.

Also, have you tried Thief Gold with HD textures?
2015-07-10_0000548di8.jpg
Whatever suits you.

because retards like yourself
ok

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It's not like I can point to any surveys on this. ReShade/SweetFX just offers way too many options for the average user to handle. If used well it can enhance the graphics of some games. I've used it too (and have been guilty of overusing it in the past), with VtMB for example. But just take a look at the presets people have uploaded for that game, and prepare to vomit. They are all way too dark and bloomy, or use dumb gimmicks, or change the look of the game completely.

IMO ReShade is simply bad. Unlike ENBs, ReShade tends to make very little difference when installed. Force it to be more noticeable, and you get crap like that you linked to. I'm not saying you can't use it to make a game look better, but it will only be slightly better.

Thief Gold's HD texture pack is simply awful by any metric of the imagination. I'm guessing people only use it since they dislike the vanilla blurry textures a lot. While Morrowind had its fair share of ugly texture packs, it has come a long way. Not that I use any, though: unless a texture pack covers the entirety of the game, I'd prefer not to use any except on specific instances (e.g. make sign posts readable). But to imply texture packs as a whole resemble that Thief monstrosity is preposterous.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Fear 1 for HoMM 2.
Looks like things will get epic in this map:

bsfmVwI.png

So how over the top was this map?

My invincible hero:
lOzerl0.png

Pirates attack:
GmoQWv4.png

Oh dear, that's one bad mofo:
ejCh88p.png

And to really rub it in:
yyaQvDq.png

A Pyrrhic victory:
JOFZASM.png

But then John Silver turns up:
5wQLLxy.png

Pretty ridicilous.
No Ghosts in this map. I could have created an army of skeletons at one point, but even thousands of skellies are too weak for against such opposition.
And there's no way I'm going to hit the End Turn button a thousand times to build a matching army.

And this map was made by a girl!

Turns out this girl - Daniela Stieh - also made The Lord of War, the (in)famous HoMM 3 map, which is next on my play list. :shredder:

The odds looks a bit better in The Lord of War:
EzgLiGj.jpg

Last edited:

kintake

Savant
There weren't all that many interactions IIRC between dark and light mode in Dark Earth, but I loved the feature. French games seemed to have a fondness for letting you choose to be a wife-beater. LBA even let you get away with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom