Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
0299EAAFB015FAD39E1606B4EF2E80B4DA2BDCC9

The TRUE Ghostbusters sequel.

Make sure to catch the messages on the answering machine.

Ivan

Arcane
very enjoyable. It's on the easy side, but it has a lot of charm/heart. go for it.

I didn't really care for the voice acting, so I speed-read the dialogue. my issue was that everyone reads their lines too slowly

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Brutal Doom 64

Thanks to Ash recommendation I've tried the mod, since I already beat the original a long time ago. Since I'm not a big fan of BD/Project Brutality I was really surprised how balanced and polished it felt. It's easier to die, that is obvious. But the enemy numbers are moderate for the most of the time, so it's not a big problem.

The super shotgun is very satisfying to use, and the added gore is turning each combat area into a big mess. You can really feel the impact of each weapon affecting the enemies, and every one of them is useful through the whole game. There were many nice traps that were pushing me to the limit when it comes to the projectiles, and I've used the columns and such to catch some breath in between the onslaught. Although I think that Spider Mastermind and Cyberdemon have too much hit points. Especially the latter one. There is one map, when you fight two of them at the same time, and let me tell you - strafing like a mad marine since one hit kills you while shooting and finally ending their lives was the most satisfying moments in the campaign.

Brutal Doom 64 makes the original version even better in my eyes. The harsh electronic soundtrack, great map design, plus the different sounds and echo effects makes it stands on its own and shine.

bd642018-03-2922-15-06mjy7.jpg

bd642018-03-2522-07-0b9k2x.jpg

bd642018-03-2921-27-56ljlx.jpg

You look familiar.

:shittydog:

bd642018-03-2722-47-3zmjmx.jpg

bd642018-03-2722-46-4s4jjz.jpg

bd642018-03-2722-38-1cljp3.jpg

bd642018-03-3022-04-0jcksi.jpg

bd642018-03-3022-20-1fjj4c.jpg

bd642018-03-2521-56-3j0j2i.jpg

bd642018-03-3113-13-53ekls.jpg

bd642018-03-3113-23-1zjkll.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In all seriousness the level design is p. damn great, right?

It's very consistent when it comes to quality, and the monster traps are carefully placed so the encounters don't feel cheap. Later on it's good to use friendly fire as a helpful technique to see the mod in all it's glory, where everyone is shooting in every direction and you are in the crossfire. Also it's worth mentioning how the invisible imps / pinks are more harder to spot since they phase in and out.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Zed Duke of Banville How well does it run? My processor is towards the low end for running it, not sure whether to wait for upgrade time
Kingdom Come: Deliverance runs perfectly fine at maximum graphics settings on my moderately-expensive computer purchased earlier this year, but it's certainly intensive of computational resources, so if you have an older computer you'll probably want to wait for an upgrade. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom