Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

sser

Arcane
Developer
Turns out it's just Gillmen again, on a cargo ship. I expected worse, considering how many DPLs I'm encountering underwater.

k3CAALw.png

Lotta sardines in that pic :salute:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Really liked the resolution to the formation of the Templars questline. I didn't expect Paullus's little counter-maneuver, but it made sense. I've been playing this game for near 80 hours through multiple playthroughs and there is still so much I have yet to see. Glad I never looked at a guide or anything.

CFjYKVq.jpg
dJBKdZt.jpg

kUilF41.jpg

Also found this weird bug when I tried to equip a 2h axe while having the activated Imperial Power Armor on. Or maybe it's a secret function for the legendary dual shield technique?

0zMHp1k.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
octavius

It's Postal 2 : Paradise Lost. It's basically a stand alone expansion for the Postal 2 (which had already one addon called Apocalypse Weekend) despite being called simply a DLC on Steam. If you liked Postal 2, PL will be right up your alley. It's a wacky semi-sandbox FPS where you control the Postal Dude, doing lots of different tasks, some of them seems really mundane at first but it can change quickly. There is a lot of dark humor and political incorrectness, lots of references to other mediums and people. The game doesn't punish your style of playing so you are basically free to do everything you want really. While the wonky Unreal engine version used for the production has it's problems (the loading times in unpatched version were horrendous) you can get used to it and appreciate it for what it is. Personally I liked it more than the whole batch of new popamole shooters giving us huge boring worlds without any interesting things to discover. You either hate it or love it. Judging by your gaming history I doubt that you would like it, but it's very cheap on sales, so you can give it a try if you want to.

kintake

Savant
Shogun 2, death before dishonour. Fight to the last man!
EYyAGQK.jpg
Dragon Age: Origins, Good? Bad? It's got dope combat animations.
e4UKDRI.jpg
Pillars of Eternity, backer npc's man :(
It's 'The eye of Argon' all over again.
RPqQw63.jpg
Also, going through my old homestead account brought back some memories from Ultima Online
uaZ9VOZ.jpg

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Hana, the heroine of the 1st game, is back:

W4mk6h6.jpg

:yeah:

But since it's the prequel, we also control her partner...

bGnAIRQ.jpg

jkN3tuK.jpg

Rain:

eNfZIqb.jpg

Being a standard clumsy blonde, she gets attacked by some undead chinese perverts, so Hana has to save her:

JYLPnci.jpg

:roll:

eULeyOz.jpg

4xEXpVt.jpg

:obviously:

It's time for some stealth action!

3NoUSSx.jpg

adVD0Ma.jpg

Oeipade.jpg

pexZWIM.jpg

:love:

Yeah, I miss the devs / industry from the 90-ies...

:smug:

spekkio

Arcane
We're back to alternate reality, where Estonia is still ruled by Aryans!

HnuDK76.jpg

Game takes place in the military academy:

mYng9OM.jpg

Which is pure dec...

FYEB5k1.jpg

:hmmm:

KApwgWH.jpg

yYmVj37.jpg

Biatch, you'll change your tune when BRO Avan, the leader of Class G, parks his hyper weapon between these two babies... :obviously:

We also have hot mechanic nee-san:

M5OFO0M.jpg

:love:

Characters' special quirks are back:

CbzNPTY.jpg

OTFijYi.jpg

A true feminist... :salute:

There's also a new class system:

wHrwKw1.jpg

Game's p. non-linear, with shitload of different missions (training, vs., ace, etc.):

Z9FSCBT.jpg

But each month ends with a "Story Mission" which moves the story forward:

Qq6tc7Q.jpg

b8n9Mu4.jpg

:dance:

During 1st such mission, we have to traverse 2 smaller maps to reach the 3rd, final one. And then blow up our first tank. There's special class for that:

7nEOL94.jpg

Tanks are vulnerable from behind, so the best idea is to outmaneuver them (and supporting infantry) first:

Is7T0u5.jpg

jZo8boa.jpg

v7oOTKx.jpg

8ee8Wz1.jpg

:mca:

Unit exp and money received after mission depend on our performance, with speed (number of turns) being most important:

fcyM0VH.jpg

We also get individual EXP for units:

3exf0Nt.jpg

There's also special prize for completing first month:

SKbUGND.jpg

rating_negativeman.png

20rq4ho.jpg

SCE7uhq.jpg

aP3SeoW.jpg

MXbkfKV.jpg

i96NNuW.jpg

iuBYS37.jpg

Sony PLS. :roll:

47ZWHmA.jpg

Meet BANDIT. :)

VBFS0aw.gif

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Idk why but water in this game looks better than in Elex at times. Perhaps because it's clearer.

eoD74EJ.png

7VYd5If.png

T5muoXV.jpg

lnRtc3Y.png

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

2787701900000578-0-image-a-11_1428937415632.jpg

SQjvbwT.png

vader-nooooo.jpg

gMSZ9LQ.png

ADv6Pdn.png

JrnaMkb.jpg

Ol6xKaA.png

cZvy3pj.png

My opinion:
- Play mage instead - you stil get to FITE but also can use the awesome runes.
- The only biggest sin of the game is bad dungeon distribution between the acts (cutting act 4 from the game and putting it in act 3, cutting maybe 1-2 dungeons or using classic Symphony of the Night system with red/blue barriers being optional or opening by leveling up/crafting scrolls would have been better).
Surprisingly dungeons are not bad. They're not brilliant either but not bad, I liked one where you shoot an arrow to lower bridge for example.
Asking for option to fail by NOT using titan weapons/armor like in Ys 1 where you can smash boss with wrong weapon which has "stronger" stats, or making all that shit optional would probably be too much.
- I wouldn't call combat BEST ACTION COMBAT IN RPG EVER but it is competent and suits game well. Also I think you can defeat any creature with just starting gear (I killed ogres/ashbeasts n stuff with steel weaponz) if you're "gud". It's actually very souls-like in that way, and I don't know why would you want arbitrary armor cockblocking like in Elex instead.
- I am not sure I was supposed to make those 15 strength potions during act 2. But... they gave me all those ogre plants... :shittydog:
- It's. p. good game overall, even if it draws on Gothic nostalgia without elevating the concept to something stellar.

Overall I'd say it's 8/10. The "real" 8/10 i.e "very good" to "excellent" at times. It is only held back by the fact that every act is worse than the previous you played and during acts 3-4 experience just sorta begins to break apart.
Lizord people did dis.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Let's Go!

AO9RfGo.png

1JrxVeh.png

Fun Level 22: A BEAST of a level

CPFIZmJ.png

Tricky Level 5: Careless clicking costs lives

SqR2DVC.png

Tricky Level 12: Bitter Lemmings

aT5EHMY.png

Tricky Level 13: Lemming Drops

gLPkbmG.png

Tricky Level 17: Diet Lemmingaid

uHEEdUA.png

Tricky Level 21: All the 6's...

eLGnail.png

Taxing Level 4: Lend a helping hand...

0fd3Zd9.png

Taxing Level 15: What an AWESOME level

a8ft4BB.png

Taxing Level 18: Tribute to M.C. Escher

aCDbUK4.png

Taxing Level 21: Feel the heat!
6VmM8ik.png

Oh, No!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom