Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Hordes of the Underdark:

Turning the heads of wandering NPCs:

Hordes2_zpspazthjm6.png

Hordes3_zps7gmlhz2w.png

Hordes1_zpsia40g6je.png

You Fool!

Hordes4_zps8u6mivpu.png

I find a penguin skulking in a corner of a mage's tower:

Hordes5_zpsvywy0g6x.png

A Death Slaad mistakenly turns itself into a penguin:

Hordes6_zpsqwmupws7.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What the fuck...did The Chosen One go back in time (or was he just teleported in space?) and break The Holy Water Chip?

Makes you wonder what would happen if, say, a dozen Water Chips from Vault 8 would have been left behind in a locker there, right?

Last time I tried that, nothing happens. Not even with killapp's patch. BUT IT SHOULD!

Idiot, you could've retroactively made Fallout 1 not exist anymore!

pippin

What was that special encounter where you got a special robe which was actually a really cool piece of armor? Was in one of those meme-themed random encounters? I think it was something like that, perhaps with the crashed whale?

Modron

Arcane
What was that special encounter where you got a special robe which was actually a really cool piece of armor? Was in one of those meme-themed random encounters? I think it was something like that, perhaps with the crashed whale?
Bridge Keeper's robes had the same stats as combat armor minus the weight and it was one of many references to Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the game. So yes it was one of those special random encounters.

Vorark

Erudite
Fun fact - both of them are voiced by Caleb.
My first computer game. Had to use VirtualBox to run, then live with small resolution on 1080p display. And movies played on anything above 640x480 make awful artifacts. Pity cause they're decent.

Works fine on my Windows 8 x64 laptop.

Only issue I had is that the game crashed when I tried to open the options menu but that's no big deal.

I mounted the .mdf with WinCDEmu
I used the Alternate Installer
Patched the game to the latest version
Downloaded dgVoodoo2 (dgVoodoo v2.52) and pasted dgVoodooSetup.exe in the main Claw folder
Pasted the contents of the MS folder to the main Claw folder
Ran dgVoodooSetup.exe to disable the watermark and set scaling to "Stretched, Keep Aspect Ratio"
Grabbed a Duvel and played some Claw

90C8EFD9222D884BE8B12267AF05C7B1DB53C37F

HOLY SHIT, Captain Claw!

Love this game, still have the CD! Shit man, got nostalgic just seeing the screenshot. The package mentioned how you could play with up to 64 players over the internet and I was like "the heck is the internet?" Good old '97.

Another I miss dearly is Jazz Jackrabbit.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So who's the most badass nerd, Walter White or Myron?
vMetCbe.png

I have a feeling I was not supposed to kill him...his body disappeared, and when going above ground all the slaves and junkies joined Mordinos's men in the ensuing fight.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Not saying you shouldn't have killed him, but what did you expect would happen when you butcher the mob's golden goose?

Try beating Myron at his own game. You might end up with more than you bargained for.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
More from Hordes of the Underdark:

The golden armour is mine!

Hordes7_zpsgyujuul3.png

This armour is why I find it difficult to play any other race/unsuitable class in this game, I just love this armour so much:

Hordes8_zpsv72adsyf.png

Had previously just upgraded my weapon with Haste:

Hordes10_zpsxf7gqgjx.png

Time to test out my newfound power boost on a random Iron Golum. Although resistant to the Searing Light and criticals (I also have the critical feats), it still flew to the floor without any additional buffs:

Hordes9_zpsbhq3nwjt.png

When I finish up this dungeon I go back to camp and complete the upgrade of the weapon (could add another +2 enhancement but the game's best weapons are +8 so it's not necessary, definitely not at this point anyway):

Hordes11_zpsykpgohpf.png

I like to keep all my best buffs in reserve for the final bosses. Without buffs:

Hordes12_zps2nlf6jxz.png

With buffs (which last about 9 rounds at maximum buffage before the first one starts to wear off, usually enough to pile-drive a good few hundred XP and I still have all my offensive spells left if need be, more on that after the image):

Hordes13_zpsskixtmyc.png

Among these buffs is included a spell which inflicts damage when I'm struck as long as they're evil/good, whichever I'm fighting, which when added to the Searing Light and possibly Blade Barrier, if I can be bothered with a third one, means I actually want to get hit during combat as it speeds the whole process up even more, especially as I have abundant heal spells and potions combined with phenomenal concentration (currently at 59, another recent huge power boost). Hence my AC is a bit low as I've traded many pieces of AC equipment for immunities and stat increasing equipment.

My only other real weak spot is Reflex saves. In equipping the gloves that give an extra +30 concentration I had to remove my Dexterity Gauntlets, losing me a fair few Reflex Save points both now and should I have upgraded them later. Low reflex saves usually tie into heavy elemental hits, another area I'm fairly weak in. There's tuns of ways I could boost reflex saves, tuns, but all of them come at the expense of something the build wants more. That's what I like about this game's character building, its tweak heaven.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Is the level in Fighter because of the bonus feat?

It was back during the first dungeon of HotU where you find a talking Longsword, I took a level of fighter just before this in preparation of acquisition, to get the Martial Weapons feat and used the choosable feats to get Longsword Focus and Longsword improved criticals. I remember from previous runs that that sword is a whole lot of fun to use, however, by the time I get to the weapon forge I remember that upgrading weapons that are already magical will result in you not being able to acquire all the forge upgrades as the weaponsmith claims the weapon has become too powerful after XYZ number of upgrades. So this time I bought a new +3 Morningstar from the smith and upgraded from scratch to see if I can get everything if I do that and, as you can see, the experiment paid off and I likely won't be using the Longsword anymore.

Arguably pointless in the long-term, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. In fact I even stopped using the sword long before the forge as I found a Morningstar later in the dungeon which appealed to me more. You do lose out a lot of general entertainment by not using the Longword, but since it's a third or fourth playthrough I'm not concerning myself too much with stuff I've done before, apart from the Golden Armour... of course.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ninja Shadow of Darkness. Excellent 3d platform game, although the jumping can be sometimes really tricky and later levels due to the traps and spikes will make you rage. Simple but effective combat system and nice soundtrack. Another PSX title finished.

psxfin2015-05-1013-55neum7.jpg

psxfin2015-05-0922-58qru12.jpg

psxfin2015-05-1011-35g0ud9.jpg

psxfin2015-05-1012-36k1u4d.jpg

psxfin2015-05-1017-11d6utf.jpg

psxfin2015-05-1017-17q3u9b.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Not saying you shouldn't have killed him, but what did you expect would happen when you butcher the mob's golden goose?

Try beating Myron at his own game. You might end up with more than you bargained for.

I don't think I had enough CHA to influence Myron, so I shot him. I wish there was a way to force feed him his own creation, but trying to Use Jet on him sadly did not work.
Also, I'm playing a generic nice guy, although I will play the Restoration Project some time with a bad guy (or gal).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom