Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
AWzIOC.jpg

Oh, hey, it's a tanuki
steamhappy_by_kiwi450da-d9fx6ps.png

rQxXeY.jpg

Everyone, gather around the adorable furry creature

j9vi1U.jpg

What's the worst that could happen?

9F6cEk.jpg

b4n5dH.jpg

TjetxX.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Caves of Qud, the journey begins!

87be0b2e86.png

Murdering seahorses, dragonflies, and crocs....

675b358e25.png

Not pictured: Fell down a hole, killed a bunch of stuff, then died to a turret I couldn't even see and felt cheated until I realized my torch was the sole light source in a pitch-black bunker.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Inventory tetris, timed events, lots of busywork (CIS kit) and 3D graphics. Quite the decline from the first two games.

CasL4yR.jpg

FRaY9YG.jpg

xE8GoD5.jpg

eqZCxbZ.jpg

39Codja.jpg

nJDxuBA.jpg

muhsM54.jpg

57Ku2M3.jpg

8cRHrSq.jpg

A horse of course

Sniper Elite 3

Why does the main menu theme get more generic with each new game?

Whilst one could easily rag on Rebellion for releasing what amounts to little more than a glorified expansion pack to Sniper Elite 2 (a trend that, from early footage, is continuing with the fourth game), these games invariably end up in bargain bin sales within a year of release anyway. Sniper Elite 3 drops Europe and pits the eponymous hero against Italy and the post-Rommel Afrika Corps three years prior to the events of the previous game. Aside from the environments, the game lacks any significant improvements or new enemies compared to Sniper Elite 2. Early footage promised much larger battlefields to tackle, though in reality even some of the largest areas (with the exception of an airfield towards the end of the story) are relatively tight, linear valleys or literal man-made corridors. On the upside, the game's difficulty is highly customizable (you can remove the stupid waypoints as well as "awareness" popups and other babysitting features) and enjoy a highly streamlined and immersive quasi-stealth experience (though expect the game to drop you into mandatory action-packed shootouts here and there). Visually the game is perfectly adequate for one of these B-list titles. There are barely three or four named characters in the entire game, and none of them are worth remembering, though one of the DLC packs tries to remedy this with a masked nemesis for our hero. It might just be my memory playing tricks on me, but I got the impression that the X-Ray deaths are actually less sophisticated than those of Sniper Elite 2. It certainly didn't feel as brutally satisfying to watch the death scenes as in that title.

5 bongs in a sale. Anything more would be pushing it unless you're a big fan of the series.

Main Campaign

hoSeAiK.jpg
q1F7aNx.jpg
0aS7Rl2.jpg
Muh5WHq.jpg
Z6EJdFl.jpg
53Rffs0.jpg

vr9Hr7B.jpg
8eDs5nw.jpg
tE9hzZS.jpg
tffg5Tj.jpg
4CSBN2k.jpg
mDqqq8q.jpg

Saving Churchill/Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC

JpmkIbU.jpg
Bs5pk0a.jpg
5BPze2w.jpg
LvKaeDa.jpg
QqVXnVr.jpg
swtiKal.jpg
6P0TD17.jpg

6N3KqZz.jpg
zEl53LJ.jpg
dzGN4Oi.jpg
bwG5Jt0.jpg
QipznEg.jpg
JgGPgun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

spekkio

Arcane
At least it's a 2D action game, so weapon's SIZE (range, area of attack, speed, element) actually MATTERS.
In jRPGs weapon design is all about cool and awesome. Also: belts.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Jewel of Arabia : Dreamers (shareware version) :
It was a mess to make it work, I'm only at the very beginning but it looks cool so far.
ai1KdSz.png

7rXCZgK.png
cLYn5Vf.png

xX8jlee.png
v9qkCLc.png
tYZtmfm.png
iIDmZ8H.png
PduZ6p9.png
gKOiH2c.png

WYAfplZ.png
ER5k8Vx.png

A horse of course

Last batch of Total War: Warhammer screenshots before Old World edition. Just a few faction unlockers and other minor mods. Been avoiding playing Red Duke, Middenheim or any of the Bretonnians so I don't burn myself out before the FLC.

YM9ppA2.jpg
nUSncts.jpg
BzrZ7Vb.jpg
36LLCqU.jpg
Bl6zBUP.jpg
NkqklUU.jpg
AQPL3CP.jpg
vT7fTrR.jpg
GTcICCY.jpg
ORbshPP.jpg
xGuI41h.jpg
8uTMtPd.jpg
omErUNh.jpg
GvlBOYT.jpg
ZOipM3K.jpg
PbjyrQX.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom