Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
cQiK77.jpg

Interesting, what game is this?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Recently bought a boxed copy of Hidden & Dangerous 2, and well, it's still a great world war 2 game. The tech behind the game feels impressive. Even for todays standards.

d4NkiAd.png

Poor guard got sten-gunned to death.

O0VUbB1.png

More guards and a couple of German scientists bites the dust.

M5RFwKh.png

My sniper provides covering fire while the rest of us go and search for a downed pilot.

Recorded some gameplay as well. No commentary. If interested.

Real shame that this engine never got used for anything else, except the expansion. Just like Silent Storm :(

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ghostbusters 2009, from the Bloodrayne devs:

ufTL5NB.jpg

2qu8iRu.jpg

A giant pile a toxic masculinity is approaching, and there's not a single woman in the team to save us!

s3QqZSE.jpg

Patriarchy smashed!

WFX1XS4.jpg

Bill Murray must have been on vacation in July.

The game was good for what it was, with a decent script by Dan Aykroyd and the late Harold Ramis, and voices by the original cast.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dat game was cool, but I remember never finishing it because it was a complete mess at release. Very buggy and very laggy.

Riskbreaker

vean
Name of the game?
Looks almost like less classy lookin, NuPixelArt version of Blade Warrior

A horse of course

Tomb Raider II
starring LARA CROFT (1997)

On paper, Tomb Raider 2 does pretty much everything expected of a straight sequel - production values seem slightly improved (Lara has a ponytail!), maps feel even larger and more detailed, environments are far more varied and colourful than the original, and the game's length has been extended. The story remains as unobtrusive as ever, though cutscenes were somewhat more frequent and action-packed. For the most part, the basic exploration, puzzles and platforming of the first game are unchanged, with some flavour added in the form of ziplines and drivable vehicles.

Where it deviates significantly from Tomb Raider is its focus on combat, as the wolves and bears of the first game are mostly replaced by hundreds of gangsters, cultists and mercenaries. TR1 had an approximate 70/30 split between platforming/puzzles and short combat sequences, with several long sections of calm as you shuffled along ledges and hunted for switches, whereas every level in TR2 will throw dozens of gruelling gunfights at you. This isn't to say platforming and puzzles have been left by the wayside. The absolutely infuriating traps and impossible jumps from the end of the first game hit you from Tomb Raider 2's very first map and keep coming right up until the end. It seemed to me as if every other corner featured a sudden, inexplicable drop into a spike pit or slide into the void - be it an ancient Chinese tomb, a sunken passenger liner, or even a run-down Opera House - meaning that I ended up quicksaving an average of something like every 10 seconds. Playing the first game, I wasn't too bothered by the perspective issues some had complained about, but in TR2 the camera angles are a constant source of irritation, especially when they would flip around during timed trap or chase sequences.

If I had to try and distinguish between the platforming and exploration of TR1 versus that of TR2, I'd characterize the latter as spoiled by a rather nasty streak of sadism. With the constant barrage of cheap deaths due to traps, multi-level slides you couldn't possibly do correctly without prior knowledge of, wrestling with the controls as gangs of enemies spawning right behind you, leaping off cliffs during firefights, slightly mistimed jumps or grabbing ledges at just off the correct angle, I found the whole experience significantly less appealing than Tomb Raider 1. It's not that the game isn't without its charms - I particularly liked the general layout and aesthetics of the Venice, Opera House, and Monastery maps, plus the unnerving atmosphere of the underwater levels and the sheer scale of the final boss - but Tomb Raider 2 demands a hell of a lot from the player without giving them enough in return and is quite frankly one of the most frustrating titles I've played in my life. How the game became such a hit with casual gamers is beyond my comprehension.

ZgwsGuU.jpg
JoFxE3N.jpg
I4XgqPV.jpg
GyWo98v.jpg
0SURRMs.jpg
Mp5AGD7.jpg
TA0nS9M.jpg
1V8v9rV.jpg
RHueIiL.jpg
9h58Qb7.jpg
JOPVDji.jpg
7BCA0J2.jpg
txZGYYR.jpg
M1CCeLm.jpg
wAVK32b.jpg
xzotCyI.jpg
LuBZ2NN.jpg
mDxURmN.jpg
Ero4qsH.jpg
qvHC7sa.jpg
eblJC88.jpg
udcptJ7.jpg
nzczZg7.jpg
mwYqDZh.jpg
KPkEZ5b.jpg
0SywdTF.jpg
kvQXvAa.jpg
NIY0JLE.jpg
76XJUC5.jpg
hxUd5TX.jpg
5lhAld5.jpg
IIZzx0l.jpg
M9pkw2b.jpg
8e0GGJ4.jpg
GdilasN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
and the game's length has been extended
oh yes, so much that I felt tired in the sunken ship and that green shit (second to last level) was pure garbage, surely devs were bored.

Replacing animals with armed humans was another garbage idea, not only because combat was awful for anything faster than thrown spears and arrows...

A horse of course

and the game's length has been extended
oh yes, so much that I felt tired in the sunken ship and that green shit (second to last level) was pure garbage, surely devs were bored.

Replacing animals with armed humans was another garbage idea, not only because combat was awful for anything faster than thrown spears and arrows...

I liked the sunken liner overall, particularly the occasions on which you had to re-enter the water and swim around to reach different sections whilst giant sea monsters snap at you. It did go on a little long, or at least involved too much repetition of certain environments. I just like "Ghost Ship" scenarios and underwater tension in general, like the totally wasted setting of Resident Evil Revelations :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom