Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A horse of course

Literally everyone's experience with Banner Saga:

"Hmm interesting art style."

"Wow this is boring."

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
6AwVmM.png

9HL46H.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tomb Raider 2 - Golden Mask
Played the demo on my first PC, dreadful encounter with shark at the beginning of 1st level was easy. Fears gone.
gMFilR4.png

let's shred some light ahead
ePtWBvT.png

PEEK-A-BOO

rKLhISY.png

LuIui6Z.png

„...miś jaki jest, każdy widzi.."
There something wrong with bears in Golden Mask. All of them just froze or get looped animation. Sometimes blowing them up with grenade launcher works.
dOzA1pw.png

You didn't befriended soap? Then be a guest to my shotgun.
PTtcIdm.png

EXTREME FISHING
NdR2BA5.png

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM? no
l5YpgOk.png

Boris is good at dodging soap
Lara is good at dodging soapdodgers
uisIuYz.png

ZopGsje.png

1HVuPef.png
4jqxSIh.png

otAwzf4.png

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Pfft, I 100% finished Golden Mask back in the day.

Which is probably why I can't even think about playing another Tomb Raider game again.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
P. sure these last two are from 5th and last level. Also - meds consuming increased vastly in last two levels when rushed toward end.
Installed TR1 - choppy framerate. Awful.
Maybe get into Chronicles, another TR that I played years back (demo).

A horse of course

Tomb Raider
featuring LARA CROFT (1996)

I expect it'll be a while before RoTTR is cheap enough for me to bother picking up (less Lara boobage, less incentive to give my money to whipped beta devs) so I thought I'd give the originals a go. What better time than the 20th Anniversary of the series? Before the reboot, my only prior experience with Tomb Raider had been demo discs from old Playstation magazines. I've never liked platformers or puzzle games, and as a snotty kid I considered myself above vulgar titty marketing :lol: so the whole series kinda passed me by. When deciding on PS1 emulation or GoG/Dosbox, it's worth noting that the PS1 version has much more vibrant colours and possibly better water/lava effects. Unfortunately TR is the first game I've ever been unable to run properly on epsxe - at best, I got everything running fine except the music, which emitted a screeching static howl akin to some cybernetic banshee. The GoG version works fine with a bit of tinkering in nglide and svn daum, though I found the controls far less responsive than the PS1 version, and I forgot to use the GoG forum tutorial on how to integrate the original music.

The game feels extremely clunky at first - Lara essentially controls like a tank in third-person, and how much you enjoy the game will probably come down to whether you make your peace with this and the hidden grid-based movement system. Lamentably it never really clicked for me, and I ended up using the quickload function several hundred times over the course of 16+ hours of gameplay, wrecking any chance at getting a good flow going during the platforming sections. Most of the levels are remarkably large, and though the puzzles are hardly going to challenge anyone, I did sometimes get lost and forget where I'd opened a new door. My only serious complaint in this area was that the solutions for the Natla Mines level in particular were sometimes unreasonably abstract. There's not much to say about combat - Lara locks on to enemies automatically and uses backflips or sideways jumps to avoid charges and projectiles, which I found a little difficult to pull off during intense battles - just don't let yourself get pushed back against a wall and let the enemy go into an infinite attack loop. The story is perfectly adequate and wisely eschews attempting anything as wildly ambitious as, say actual character development. It feels like a self-contained episode of Relic Hunter - the heroine does some cool stuff, the villains scowl a bit, then everything works out and the protagonist rides off into the sunset.

In my experience, the general theme of exploring massive tomb complexes and solving ancient riddles is pleasant enough, but the controls were too frustrating for me to genuinely enjoy myself. Still, a fine little historical curiosity that I'm glad I finally had the chance to play through.

dnkdxaW.jpg
VVBYUpd.jpg
VNL8JhS.jpg
hTe0LQu.jpg
0Qxd84N.jpg
QMp1wmk.jpg
xIryzxr.jpg
DNXgnpP.jpg
I9taioQ.jpg
INjbnGv.jpg
ZwrqmgD.jpg
epbWdqQ.jpg
R9MvQNr.jpg
0zjcmT3.jpg
imeiaeK.jpg
knWQKLe.jpg
WXOz4yO.jpg
pr3r8J0.jpg
0t6rXFv.jpg
hKRS77S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HansDampf

Arcane
VtMB

These are from multiple playthroughs with different characters.

h1jxlFf.jpg

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."
But it was too heavy for the jester.

TVRa0xT.jpg

fLiCrh2.jpg

No one flirts like a Malkavian.

9ZknTxG.jpg

Looks nice for a 12 year old game.

it5lH4P.jpg

d8mvD2F.jpg

The restored library from the UP Plus.

78n4Z6U.jpg

Mad Hatter's battlestation anno 2004.

dEx1GQB.jpg

omg why?

QymfPqA.jpg

DosdC1L.jpg

21Z8R7H.jpg

:prosper: What have I done?

Yw4s86x.jpg

zjkjE45.jpg

Physics!

zJPMSnF.jpg

I tried to dance, but ...

KBImWpG.jpg

... it looks ridiculous!

dod30BF.jpg

JGzouhh.jpg

Actual spoilers ahead:
iQFCp2x.jpg

Joke's on my other personalities. I picked the Strauss ending.

th77oqC.jpg

UF1vQAB.gif

This affected me more than I would have expected.

Nv0x9hO.jpg

Why can you see Caine's reflection here but not your own reflection in Grout's mansion? Different types of mirrors?

rk4pNsA.jpg

GG
Would play again.

pippin

Well, modern hand drawn graphics with old school color palettes are better than the opposite imo. The less nu-pixelcrap the better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom