Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The English version is alright. Bit of info text that needs translation, but otherwise okay.

Puukko

Arcane
Q6zxC0W.jpg

fU50Oam.jpg

HgZwZuS.jpg

uRnYXPx.jpg

jdxPlKT.jpg

A horse of course

Tomb Raider (2013) (Spoilers if you don't know the story)

ydAUqTP.jpg

Probably would've been my GOTY if I'd played it in 2013. Putting aside the awful QTE sequences (many of which are concentrated at the start of the game), it's one of the best AAA action titles I've played recently. Pulling off headshots with your bow and countering melee enemies is amazingly satisfying, and I quite enjoyed scouring the larger wilderness areas for hidden items and tombs - scaling ledges to get hidden caches and using new equipment to open previously blocked areas (though most of these are in the same maps as you find them). It's a shame these areas aren't more open (though some of them are still incredibly large by the standards of that console generation). "Finding" and looting tombs was fun in itself, but the tombs themselves are actually rather pathetic (it's basically a long corridor and then a small room with a single jumping/physics puzzle). Even Assassin's Creed and the original Tomb Raiders did these far more impressively. The pacing is also a little off - the linear scripted action sequences go on a bit too long and are so mindlessly bombastic that you sort of zone out for a while afterwards. Story is perfectly adequate, though most of the characters were trite and predictable. Lara's "character development" is laughable - she immediately goes from "I-I can't do this!" to effortlessly slaughtering hundreds upon hundreds of henchmen and opening their skulls with a climbing axe.

That said, I owe Crystal Dynamics an apology for assuming Lara would be some manfaced stronk independent wombyn the devs are too spineless to sexualize. She still has large breasts, a voluptuous rear and a very pretty face, retaining perfect eyeliner and lipstick even after being submerged in blood, mud, entrails and debris :lol: I didn't quite feel as sympathetic towards her predicament as I did Nilin from Remember Me, but she certainly deserves to join the ranks of the new Top 10 Waifus. I'll definitely grab the updated Rise of the Tomb Raider once it goes on sale :salute:

4h7rKug.jpg
eYc58no.jpg
c0uTb6h.jpg
MkjO9HG.jpg
APpfz3I.jpg
2MhbqLf.jpg
YdV8ej0.jpg
oinmYej.jpg
uDwec9I.jpg
1GL74jO.jpg
7pbSQtf.jpg
OAazpuO.jpg
x0XqYjy.jpg
nmKv7LP.jpg
yL3RxDi.jpg
Hdg1eCr.jpg
coNhCsD.jpg
Grl0DbE.jpg
fYt26SH.jpg
yjQlUt3.jpg
Njsjeoy.jpg
IqwDZsQ.jpg
4W09Yfd.jpg
lRt0hP4.jpg
a3Ux97X.jpg
16x48p1.jpg
e79Bucg.jpg
MGoEyaO.jpg
PoOIpXp.jpg
gWpcyq6.jpg
BYpbyly.jpg
y54Z8NH.jpg
F3jL0jI.jpg
HqNIxZ2.jpg
CZk8hSZ.jpg
HltCo0C.jpg
g9E6nl8.jpg
zhrDKPv.jpg
aVS7jD7.jpg
mM36j8c.jpg
O7sb2e0.jpg
bX5GZm5.jpg
QdzGMFI.jpg
mRdRDFq.jpg
vQFtOg7.jpg
tcuhMDk.jpg
iMc8rpN.jpg
o2CScQN.jpg

edit: Having researched the issue thoroughly, it seems they gave Lara even smaller melons and no décolletage in RoTTR

:keepmymoney:

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pulling off headshots with your bow and countering melee enemies is amazingly satisfying, and I quite enjoyed scouring the larger wilderness areas for hidden items and tombs - scaling ledges to get hidden caches and using new equipment to open previously blocked areas (though most of these are in the same maps as you find them)

Same here, I've gathered all the collectibles just to see the whole map and secrets. I maxed everything at the end and had some points left I think. Those samurai ghosts were dropping like flies and I was using only my bow for most of the time.

The most tiresome was navigating throught the wrecks near the sea and finding the mines and letters. Tombs were too easy, and it was a sloppy nod to the roots of the series. Very good port, even on my prehistoric rig it worked for the most time like a charm. Not with all the high settings, but whatever, it looked good enough. The game felt like a weird mix of Rambo and The Descent (probably due to the dark palette and all these dark places that we visit, plus gruesome death animations of Lara).

PS. Lara has the best booty in the Underworld part. That swimsuit !

A horse of course

Pulling off headshots with your bow and countering melee enemies is amazingly satisfying, and I quite enjoyed scouring the larger wilderness areas for hidden items and tombs - scaling ledges to get hidden caches and using new equipment to open previously blocked areas (though most of these are in the same maps as you find them)

Same here, I've gathered all the collectibles just to see the whole map and secrets. I maxed everything at the end and had some points left I think. Those samurai ghosts were dropping like flies and I was using only my bow for most of the time.

The most tiresome was navigating throught the wrecks near the sea and finding the mines and letters. Tombs were too easy, and it was a sloppy nod to the roots of the series. Very good port, even on my prehistoric rig it worked for the most time like a charm. Not with all the high settings, but whatever, it looked good enough. The game felt like a weird mix of Rambo and The Descent (probably due to the dark palette and all these dark places that we visit, plus gruesome death animations of Lara).

PS. Lara has the best booty in the Underworld part. That swimsuit !

I played it on my new 1080 laptop and it looked obscenely good on max with TressFX and the best AA (think it was supersampling, as it eliminated jaggies pretty much completely). Beautiful game with amazing vistas. I think it must've been running at 60-120fps and I only noticed a very slight drop during the shantytown. I mean, I should hope so with a GPU from 3 years later :lol: On the downside, my laptop was basically a fireball after playing for an hour or two. I think it eventally crashed the game from overheating in the very final level (though it happened during an autosave, so perhaps it was just a regular glitch). That's gaming laptops for you.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fritz is the best villain little helper, I couldn't wait to see what will come next to this heisty fellow :lol:. Plus all those sweet death animations. BD13 is my favourite proto-QTE game from Readysoft. Not to mention one vampire hairdresser named Vivi, mrrroaw.

8YEOLNs.png

BZfP7Nz.png

ZJXrdP9.png

mKpZ4X3.png

xGroDzZ.png

fvLjbUV.png

5jaDDoQ.png

6bX7CIY.png

rqhQiGE.png

UXJQwMv.png

w2BBtDW.png

ad1jj87.png

9uahCEc.png

jKTHi03.png

m0pNn5K.png

A horse of course

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
KSK9ljR.jpg

Essentially a homage to Return to Castle Wolfenstein and a prequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order (I thought they previously established that all earlier Wolfenstein titles were canonical? Whatever). BJ hunts occult SS commander Helga Von Schabbs through Castle Wolfenstein, the surrounding town, and into the depths of a medieval church. It was cool to see many of the supernatural elements absent from TNO finally get the spotlight, but they only really appear in the final two chapters as a new enemy type and the final boss, which is a bit of a waste. I didn't enjoy it as much as TNO to be honest, as the new environments are too little, too late after the previous game's endless barren, concrete corridors. The first chapter is simply dreadful, giving you a pipe and encouraging you to stealth past a bunch of enemy mechs (who are literally on rails) and hop through vents for 30 minutes. As in TNO, there's a minor divergence in the story when you can choose to save one of two NPCs (most people will choose the waifu, though if you've been paying attention to dialogue and notes this is an obvious trick :lol: ) but this is basically irrelevant, and I didn't even notice the branching path until the cheevo popped and I ran through the level again. Feels like a knock-off licenced addon from the old FPS days until the supernatural segments, and really not worth downloading 40gb for unless you're an absolute Wolfenstein addict or want to grind the challenge modes or useless collectibles.

CpjpR7G.jpg
oA6L8Yj.jpg
DJnR47h.jpg
9hN1nys.jpg
aptUzKW.jpg
DNLBbP9.jpg
LfgSJjG.jpg
szxCXlr.jpg
KoJ1L51.jpg
yylG2SZ.jpg
EaEGk7G.jpg
rNFoWHi.jpg
ve6smMu.jpg
0C9wRoK.jpg
rrg1Pkb.jpg
0COK8rj.jpg
V49JFuH.jpg
kSp3VJc.jpg
62ScyfT.jpg
kLHZ8pR.jpg
kLvnQxt.jpg
Uumxxfq.jpg
k6S6JAN.jpg
rKWPXLP.jpg
SXEMzIi.jpg
FemyAfs.jpg
A6FjmDo.jpg
RUDIVJd.jpg
ScEe51z.jpg
mKAQaZd.jpg
fFG9yw1.jpg
ZBpjOKf.jpg
itIPeL3.jpg
csgHwIE.jpg
lZPT53G.jpg
MSgtbiA.jpg
Blv7QYV.jpg

pippin

That said, I owe Crystal Dynamics an apology for assuming Lara would be some manfaced stronk independent wombyn the devs are too spineless to sexualize. She still has large breasts, a voluptuous rear and a very pretty face, retaining perfect eyeliner and lipstick even after being submerged in blood, mud, entrails and debris :lol: I didn't quite feel as sympathetic towards her predicament as I did Nilin from Remember Me, but she certainly deserves to join the ranks of the new Top 10 Waifus. I'll definitely grab the updated Rise of the Tomb Raider once it goes on sale :salute:

For all the bullshit about objectifying women in games, I can only say they really made her a sexual object in this game. She really is a real woman, and not a cartoon anymore. I'd fug TR2013 Lara.

A horse of course

For all the bullshit about objectifying women in games, I can only say they really made her a sexual object in this game. She really is a real woman, and not a cartoon anymore. I'd fug TR2013 Lara.

Yeah, she's a very good balance between computer generated bombshells from earlier eras and a "realistic" beauty. Her facial expressions were a great mix of determination and vulnerability. Usually modern devs trying to do "stronk wombyn" just make them look angry all the time :lol: They made some changes to her face in the PS4/X1 "Definitive Edition" that apparantly break these though.

Really annoying that they seem to have toned her down even more for Rise of the Tomb Raider. You just can't win with these people. It's never enough :negative:

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Beyond Divinity
Prepare for
hCuG4PM.png

:maturehumor:
EQwYG0M.png

vELSksP.png

I don't remember how it happened
9HOe9rH.png

Jaesun's cameo. I should mention that everyone in the game have voice but it's abysmal. This guy (and Damian) are one of the few decent ones.
UW3PgDe.png

j3eHF6J.png

Oli3NrC.png

2ldauE7.png

In DivDiv it would be glorious loot. In BeyDiv - it's mostly trash (with exception of talismans)
zTXO49b.png

LGLQHsT.png

P2kA52K.png

lnd5lcT.png

I though it was donut
f1s176U.png

:shredder:
XVL89eU.png

Unbelievable that magic in BeyDiv is so scarce. Nobody use magic except these guys.
Magic in BeyDiv is most useless magic in history of videogames
5OfL7JM.png
:cheersmate:
6HR735T.png

Larian programing at finest
9mGRLeK.png

1aWoYgv.png

eSFbxuW.png

I don't do what ya tell me even if you're possesed rubber duck
kjzGLTd.png

:mhd:
4gdK0rG.png

WOOPS
jYMueWR.png

Larian couldn't be arsed to make portrait for main villian. Damian is no more than 20yo in this game, yet have portrait of random merchant from DivDiv
pYRpnIQ.png

you looks exactly the same, DK
RyN9OUe.png

pACw1ox.png

yeah no thanks Sven
<click on uninstall.exe>

vote for dark death knight to be modern duke nukem
or perish in citadel of chaos

Last edited:

A horse of course

Daily reminder:

Do you feel any differently when you approach writing a character when you know that they’re female or male? Grant Morrison famously said that he had written his version of Batman as a gay man, even though he never made that particularly clear in the series itself. Do you ever have those kinds of little sub-narratives that you establish for yourself even if you don’t say so explicitly?

Yeah, I mean…[pause]. Sometimes, though I can’t think of a specific example. I’ve seen a number of threads about Lara’s relationship with Sam that suspect there’s something more going on under the surface. With Faith as well. I’ve seen an entire essay about how I have a “gay agenda.” That was an interesting take on it, and not necessarily something that I’d considered.

There’s part of me that would’ve loved to make Lara gay. I’m not sure Crystal would be ready for it! But we’ve not spoken about it directly, either. Who knows what the future might hold.

...I just thought: “I’d love to make Lara gay!” That’s probably going to be your headline....

Agenda always trumps talent with these people. Can't wait for nu-Lara to beat up cis white males for manspreading.

spekkio

Arcane
Onimusha 2

More female / gay shaming:

pcsx2_2016_08_21_19_56_42_03_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_21_20_05_06_93_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_27_09_72_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_27_14_78_1.jpg

:roll:

Our hero kills the gay demon fencer after stripping him down of his gaynes with the Flute of Heterosexuality:

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_28_28_58_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_28_33_72_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_30_55_38_1.jpg

:?

You can also force your female companion to obedience via drugs:

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_38_51_26_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_39_00_92_1.jpg

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_39_23_78_1.jpg

:cry:

At least one thing is certain in Capcom game:

pcsx2_2016_08_25_20_42_04_52_1.jpg

:dance:

Non-linear stuff is nice, too bad that story is so terribad, that you don't want to spend your time on additional playthroughs:

pcsx2_2016_08_26_19_53_35_42_1.jpg

Even if the prize is famous Oyu's alternate costume:

Oyuu_alt1.jpg

BRO out:

pcsx2_2016_08_26_19_56_20_93_1.jpg

A horse of course

It's nice that they put filters on his armour so his nipples could breathe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom