Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
IMO MDK2 failed to capture the bizarre, surreal aesthetic and tone of the first game. Shiny had a specific style that Bioware couldn't possibly replicate.

The worst thing about MDK2 was that it was a typical biowarean attempt at humour.
*farts*

Oh yes, farting aliens dancing to Makarena and an atomic toaster, Bioware at its best.

Blonsky

Prophet
Salvation Prophecy aka space war simulator

The Drone unity fleet on its way to the wormhole to invade another system.
8bLfRAk.jpg

So earth got abandoned and now there are 4 factions in space fighting each other. Free nations -humans, mutants -fanatics, Wyr -crazy robots and Drone unity -killer drones.
CAuMq1n.jpg

There are surface missions and space missions, they get more difficult as you level up but also very repetitive.
Dropships delivery to planet surface: 20 killer drones, signature required on delivery.
GoR3B9X.jpg

Goal of surface missions is to destroy and kill everything to take over the colony, the best way for it is to stay with the crowd and in the later game run away if things dont go well.
EWBhy0P.jpg

Space missions are pretty much the same but more chaotic and difficult because of the speed of the enemy ships.
IBbhGtc.jpg

How did these crazy guys grow into a mayor faction?
R3newVE.jpg

Traveling through space is annoying, jumping to planets means avoiding the energy beams, and using wormholes to other systems means staying in the middle while gravity distortion pulls you to the sides of the wormhole.And you need to do it every time you go somewhere.
uyUZ9Sn.jpg

Ancient alien on a unknown planet can give you some special abilities.
H2lF41C.jpg

Traffic jam in space. Dont you hate when everyone is rushing out of the station hangar at the same time.
LKsZK3J.jpg

Space stations, not really that strong, battleships seem stronger.
FodVLvD.jpg

There are only 4 factions and 4 systems(besides the plot systems that show up through unstable wormholes) so game gets really boring after awhile. Also skills, weapons and ship upgrades are basically only increasing stats of the things you get at start.

Last edited:

A user named cat

Been going through and beating games that for one reason or another I had never finished years ago. Currently playing System Shock 2. Installed SS2tools with goodies and latest patches, this is so different than how I remembered. Love the texture update projects.

ito3eRK.jpg

Ivoyaj9.jpg

4EZ24OS.jpg

RU70tGn.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
IMO MDK2 failed to capture the bizarre, surreal aesthetic and tone of the first game. Shiny had a specific style that Bioware couldn't possibly replicate.
In regards to style they actually managed to swing by remarkably close in a small handful of locations but in regards to everything else, yeah, well, no.
And even in regards to the style and aesthetics they missed the mark spectacularly rather consistently - compare for example explosions, or pretty much any 2D art (textures, sprites, GUI) in both games. MDK2 was just cartoony.

Oh yes, farting aliens dancing to Makarena and an atomic toaster, Bioware at its best.
The original MDK was of course full of humour, but it was mostly surreal, the humour being more of a background thing than continuous gags. MDK2 had all the subtlety of Minsc hitting you in the face with an anvil while spouting inanities about miniature giant space hamsters.*

Discloshur:
I actually chuckled during that cutscene at the beginning where Kurt trips while preparing for his reentry and ends up flailing about in the most un-heroic manner. There, there was some humour in MDK2 I actually enjoyed.

As UC already stated, the 3 characters in one game killed for me any urge to replay it. They should at least stick to Kurt and do the whole campaign with him.
Well, I don't think there is much wrong with gameplay formula itself, and I had certainly never had much opportunity to quad-wield boomsticks with a cybernetic canine before MDK2 happened. The problem is the game being bland, ugly and full of forced humour.

I could imagine Shiny going with the exact same formula and ending with a masterpiece.

Beowulf

Arcane
So, finally finished.

aqZMgD8.jpg

Too bad it's so linear. But on the other hand, the visuals still hold up. I remember first playing it on low settings so I couldn't even see the bullet impact decals. Good times.

heBDJHT.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, it's Fear 1. I took a look at available sweetfx's, but ultimately decided that they look too dark. The environments are really monotonous, but the game in motion still looks great.
I played it in short burst of 1-2 hours, so I didn't get bored and the gunplay was great; fire-fights are fast and over quickly, all that is left is a pile of bodies and dust slowly settling.

I also haven't finished it back in he day.

Starwars

Arcane
It's a great game though the scary bits are pretty unnecessary IMO.

Can really get the heart pumping in the firefights though. Still not many FPS which manage to feel so... visceral. They did a great job on that.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
MDK2? I remember that one, one of the first PC game I ever tried, from CDAction disc with demos. Didn't even run beyond 0,1 FPS thanks to my VooDoo2 with no drivers...
Later I liked it for music (from Max section mostly) but the doc levels were garbage. Might play MDK1 some day....

Allright, finished Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, now it's time to play addon - Flames of Vengeance.
BF9091FD782472B7396865BE765FEF9E726FE033

:yeah:
fuck, energy globe is not visible on the screenshot.

B258C1BB9CDEECDF7CC811B932DD30A9684C88B0

Look mom, no fall damage!

Playing this one and Tomb Raider 2 at the same time give me some deja vu
902EC223D99787F57794268A79FABBBADFC9DDC6

B076DBD51EC0D638463E6CED2ED03AA533A6E2AC

Wood on the lava? The fuck is that?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I look at most of those screenshots and see nothing.

I imagine some of you are retarded, some are trolling, some are vintage hipsters and some are seeing some magic they can only see.

I just wonder what are the ratios between those groups and in which of them do I fall.

Guys, I got a T6 chest yesterday!

01C431F764D7BC9C9DAA796F449F26CDA6EFF4CE

circ

Arcane
fallout 4 dump. hurr hurr gitit dump hurr hurr

some o dem dey call dem nsfw some o dem... actually. if cleavage is nsfw then well u get some

NO ENB LOL BETHESDA

ENB LOL BETHESDA

SOMETHING SOMETHING ELEVATOR VANISHED BUG LOL BETHESDA

MUH CRIB

CHRISTMAS IN DIAMOND CITEH

ANOTHER EXAMPAL OF INCOMPETENCE COURTESEH OF BETHESDUH

U GOT THAT RIGHT FUCKING CASUAL BARS LOL UR NOTHING

MR TRANNY AT UR SEVICE

THIS IS COOL AS FUCK

i dont know HEY LOOK AT THE TITS

GIGANTIC TITS AND SOME SCENERY

TITS U VERY MUCH

I USED MY ROCKET PACK IN THIS ONE MISSION. AND THIS CUTE LITTLE AFTERBURNER CLOUD KEPT FOLLOWING ME AND DROPPING MY FPS TO 0 FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES OH BLESS U BETHESDA

SURPRISINGLY FUNNY AT THE TIME

OH IM SORRY DID U SAY UR TIRED OF TITS? HOW BOUT SOME ASS I GOTCHU HOMES

CURRENT FACE CURRENT MOOD? U DECVIVDE

WHY BETHSDA?

OH CANADA OH CANANA. OH WAIT

HAY BETHESDA NICE TEXTURES AND SKILLZ LOL

FLOATING CORPSE. HEY IT HAPPENS EVEN TO MORE COMPETENT DEVELOPERS

spekkio

Arcane
real Fallout 3

So, cpt. Ivanov told us that they need some volunteers for a short "vacation in hot, mediterreanian climate". :smug:
I said, what the hell, some of these arab girls in Chechnya were quite hot... Plus, I'll be fighting for the Motherland! What can go wro...

pkwom2w.jpg

lRP9iwQ.jpg

This doesn't look like Syria at all...

:(

Some DNR bros fighting evil local dogs:

xUex9xc.jpg

Leasure time:

tbY37em.jpg

Glorious Novorussian architecture:

iQSZnVS.jpg

Wait!

crCa3dJ.jpg

T38paIp.jpg

Antifascism time!

:russia:

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Aleshar: World of Ice is a fun little CRPG, but perkele! getting killed by casting the most basic healing spell is getting rather annoying. I've had three character deaths so far, all from the same cause:

hNbJF1O.png

qATx6Aa.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom