Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Nonono...you're our little dancing monkey now. ;)

DANCE!

(Don't read that as you should go play Dance Dance Revolution.)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
nuWolf TNO Germania still stronk

Like good ol' days of Wolf3D eh?
796BD02ED3DC44CF5ED9E0B70A057D8602DCFB02

But with one additional point.
On the tip of the knife.
0767FE8AA6FFEAD81770942A3B672EDF00FA898E

rip in pierogi, Deathshead

qGu2thv.jpg

0FD043B7E0976B723F84DCD7E1CD722C445DCA54

like mericans with skynet

4017D2A77B62D95E8A9D055B4242129A9939723C

almost like Iron Sky

Nazis have base on the moon, jews have underwater storage with advanced technology
767AF9B0DA97ADF323F7A68ADC0C72CA66E0B57D

D456B54F7D29BD22884174D0886BF1B6B12EEA50
12070B8936BF9A195B76FB31366BEF79C23CB1C2

CD43A1A61D821A166268B4316F8680C8A6F11F9A

EA0B4ABF9EB38B98F802628460ED7C7CFA34FA1C

did he ever know that's not tv?
2502202AB10F0DD46D145CE9A38765A6D37979ED

IDtech engine is still shit.
While it does not load textures in your sight - the textures are hit or miss when it comes to quality. Only characters and guns are always in top quality.

tormund

Arcane
Heart of Darkness plays similarly to Flashback and Another World, and it is p good. As far as newer games go, I saw comparisons between Deadlight and those games but I never played it personally. I don't know of any other similar recent game, nobody seems to be imitating that style of platformers nowadays.

mck

Cipher

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
So, what game is then? Seems somewhat reminiscent of Resident Evil.
Geisters. Ultra-rare cyberpunk game straight from Kwarea.
It's a massive bitch to run on modern systems, tbh. Doesn't work at all on my gaming rig, but managed to get it running on the laptop.

is it all in english?

also, you weren't kidding about it being rare. where did you even find it?
Naw, it's in Korean. I had no trouble getting through the beginning, though. Can't say much about the rest of the game.

I've found the game and compatibility patch here: http://www.old-games.ru/game/5473.html

Useful info:
  • If you're using Daemon Tools or other disk emulation software and your emulated drive is right after the physical CD drive, then create a 'Drive.txt' file in the 'check' folder in the game and enter the drive letter (just the letter).
  • Controls: Space (Use), F10 or Alt (Menu), Shift (Cancel/Aim), Ctrl (Shoot), F2 (Inventory).
  • Menu includes various resolution and rendering options, but in my case they were buggy, so I recommend sticking to Ramp Emulation and 640x480x8 resolution. In other cases I had the pleasure of enduring the corrupted 2D graphics and disappearing meshes.
  • The patch is mandatory. Find d3drm.dll while you're at it (if you're using Win7 or newer).
  • Graphical glitches can be fixed by entering the menu and going back to the game.
EDIT: One more thing. Zero guarantees that it will work on any PC. I barely managed to get it to run on my laptop (guess because I'm using a 32-bit OS), while it refused to run on my gaming rig (Win7x64) and VM (Dosbox/W98).

Last edited:

pippin

That Korean game looks as if Human Revolution had been made in the 90s with Resident Evil's engine.

pippin

The Force Awakens 2

Wasn't this game series part of the "This is non-canon!"-announcement Disney made shortly after they bought LucasFilm?

Because if so...good. It's just too silly.

That game, actually, was the last one Lucasarts made/published.
The series (the two games really) were fanfic tier shit, esp.2. It still hurts though, to see them replacing this kind of crap with jewDisney approved crap. Rogue One kills Kyle Katarn again.
They just said everything not in the movies was non canon, though, not just these games.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks to the codex i've closed another case filling my cabinet of unfinished titles. The game starts like a Sword & Sorcery story, but soon we realize we won't fight with the power of steel. Our longhaired alter ego Kyle Reese to kill Terminator has a good old shotgun which will be always our friend and doesn't need any ammo to find. Of course it's not that easy when we start to encounter enemies and the system of covering which is essential to see the ending. We have a proto cover system with 2D graphics.

We can hide in the background waiting for the foe to give his last shot and before he hides feed him with a bullet. It's all about timing, knowing how much bullets will the enemy fire, plus later on we need to lookout for 2 or even 3 of them shooting in different patterns. From the other titles I can't remember anyone using something remotely similar. It's easy to learn, but can be frustrating for those who are impatient. Especially we realize that if we don't hit enemies at least once he will start mowing onward. Step by step, he is preparing his leg to kick us in the balls and we don't want that. Of course if there is a gap between Kyle and goblins/orcs/etc. we don't need to worry. The enemies are getting tougher and shoot more bullets "per round" but thankfully we will find people who will upgrade in a specified locations our main and only weapon. At the end we will shoot exploding bullets really fast, but some enemies will have them too. If you can shoot 2 times someone, it's all good and you are really good.

We've got also spider walking bombs, turrets that activate through pedestals, that only make matters more complicated. You can kill everyone with no repercussions, the slaves mostly died caught in the fire when I approached foes.

And of course the puzzles. Keycards for making stable platforms, keys, levitator which gives us a vertical boost when we can't jump high enough on a platform. This is the bread and butter of every level. We have also a couple of bomb types which can destroy doors, enemies and shield generators. Especially nasty is remote wasp one, which some troops use too. You can navigate and fly manually and then detonate in the desired place. Great fun!

Platforming is less convenient than in Flashback. In the latter you could just start running and Conrad would grab the first upper segment that he sees in front of him. Here, we need to do everything by ourselves, and remember that we won't stop at first moment we will stop running. Gaining momentum with the timed closing parts of levels isn't that easy when we have 2 separated screens to move through.

Final boss is really cool, not very difficult once you know the patterns of his attacks but you shouldn't underestimate him. The fireball / storm (really nasty when it's a couple of segments being electroshocked and you missed the safe spot) / melee with fast moving trio plus the two gargoyles in the upper part makes the whole encounter really good. You gain some health upgrades too, so if you are careful you shouldn't have a problem.

Graphics are really good. Something in between cartoon / grimdark with nice pixel art touch. Blizzard knew from the beginning how to make their games appealing. I liked the music, especially in the forest when it blended with the rainy weather. Levels are segmented and we have "main theme" for each and after a couple of elevators later we move on. It's similar to the Lost Vikings. Strange that there wasn't any sequel, because the game was really polished and didn't overstayed it's welcome. The number of levels, and constantly higher difficulty is perfect for me.
Finished Snes version. The Megadrive has changed Kyle's sprited character with some prerendered manboon. It looked so bad that I've quitted it after 5 minutes of playing.

That screen from the intro of . It looks like a metal cover ready for print on the Cd. Notice the Quake II helmet on lower right.

hKWyQLp.jpg

gPootDG.jpg

1eJFTzi.png

Those guys don't care if you point shotguns at them. Using the bombs is the only way to go.

ArD9fId.png

The Forest of Onehand is probably most confusing and being dark in many places you can't miss the available sections.

J8woUIa.png

The desert, here things are getting really tense and enemies are a lot tougher than before.

2smOfjA.png

Oops, stepped on a turret trap. Quickly crouch and after avoiding the rain of bullets destroy it. After that we need bomb wasp to move on.

1936ucg.png

Final boss, ready for Kyle after lacking troops to send on us. As you can see both health bars this isn't a fair fight in the beginning, this isn't balanced fight.

Riskbreaker

Quake, "A Roman Wilderness Of Pain" (pain is real, this episode will misuse ya in a truly beastly manner... you'll enjoy that pain tho)
winquake201604112002.jpg

winquake201604111945.jpg

winquake201604132136.jpg

winquake201604141240.jpg

winquake201604141300.jpg

winquake201604141503.jpg

winquake201604141507.jpg

winquake201604141523.jpg

winquake201604141606.jpg

Blonsky

Prophet
Timeshift

xXC6YBI.jpg

So working in a laboratory on a time traveling suits when one of the professors decides to blow up the lab and use one of the suits to build his better world in 1939. Only choice you have is to grab another suit and follow him to his alternate timeline.
JFaBg1X.jpg

Oh yeah, and you have time slowing and time stopping abilities. Explosions cant hurt you if they are frozen.
iH9pmMo.jpg

When you get to prison camp you dont get to pick your roommate.
iA0OIoA.jpg

Professor Krones office unfortunately he is out at the moment.
cNbgTyW.jpg

What kind of a better world would it be without the propaganda posters.
swIBLR4.jpg

The time slowing/stoping abilities are very useful, but they dont make you OP, because the game keeps sending enemies at you in vehicles and dropping 4-10 bad guys at once.
BTJeb45.jpg

An outhouse over a very deep cliff.
YFefj48.jpg

There are also puzzle areas that need time slowing/stoping, like this dodging cannon-turret shots in a tight tunnel puzzle.
VLaCUAg.jpg

Cutscenes are mostly technical time travel discusions, lab conspiracy gossip and pillow talks with your girlfriend.
pQUDLJ4.jpg

I really liked using the flamethrower good range, good damage and pretty accurate.
9avFPnb.jpg

pjAXyrd.jpg

Umm, i am starting to think i am not working for the good guys here.
XzMXPHB.jpg

Essegi

Cipher
Wizardry 8

eayLoXu.jpg

Nasty ones! By far hardest battle till now in spite of good position... After some tries i had to use resurrection powder on priest...

XIXZyh9.png

Il3UGqB.png

Axju2s4.png

yjEmEY9.png

7fkcK8z.jpg

iyPDQgO.png

0vWYJcD.png

Well, robbing the bank was absolutely worth it. I gave bloodlust to the Gray Mouser, the rogue, damage went through the roof!

x0Rz84T.png

7bl9TcE.png

Seriously, sometimes spawn is broken... Gotta reload, flee, sleep and i found just a party instead 3 (and was the less powerful).

aj6exPO.png

z7KdYym.jpg

lWDwkF3.png

xlGg2S6.jpg

WtKCyeG.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom