Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wolfenstein - Raven is Dead, Long Live Machine

hCYVpgP.png

tm02Qno.jpg

fXVqJ89.jpg

8Xuzcyp.jpg

Sloth at verbird hangar

A user named cat

Isn't level 7 the time when you finally leave the stupid ruined city? Because if so, you've kind of quit when the game actually gets gud :M

The first levels are really awful, though, no arguing about that.
Ended up reinstalling, finished it and just finished the Jewel expansion a bit ago. How worthless was that? Bonus last boss was nothing more than an upscaled Blobert who could be killed within a minute with C4 and the three added levels were just lazy, tired pyramid ruins. Base game was overall okay, would never replay again though. First and second encounter are still leagues better with much more variety, detail and no next-genification. I took screenshots but I'm too lazy to upload them and post links so fuck it and fuck Sam 3.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, Blobert makes for a bad boss. I actually didn't try using C-4 on him the first few goes, and realized that there isn't enough ammo in the entire level to finish him off that way.

Also, invisible walls in the Jewel DLC are horrible.

Riskbreaker

Mayhaps it would've been better if Raven was truly dead. Being reduced to churning out DLC for CoD games is a genuinely sad fate for company that was one of the FPS titans during the 90s and early 00s.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wolfenstein - Raven is Dead, Long Live Machine
Flawed as it was, I enjoyed Wolf 09 far more than TNO, it was probably the last breath of old time Raven. And TNO doesn't even warrant a comparison with RtCW.
Machine will never, ever be a worthy successor to Raven of old.

Of course it will never be as good as Raven titles, but it will be better than any FPS released these days and in the last decade.

PS. the way BJ hold and use knife remind me Dishonored. Except killing nazis don't lead to Bad Ending due disease spread via rats.

Gentle Player

Arcane
I, for one, am looking forward to the Hexen ("it's like Call of Duty crossed with Skyrim!") reboot after the inevitable smashing success of Doom 4!

:troll:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's that time again to replay Another World 2 Flashback.

This time I've tried the Sega Genesis version, since it's considered the best port of all 16 bit platforms. There are changes, when it comes to music and sounds but the gun shots still have that bang feeling which is great. The enemies with guns have similar attack patterns, and at the beginning luck is a big factor when it comes to the fight results. Just like in the above screen I've tried to make one mutant kill another (friendly fire can really help later too). Holster your gun,drop down, left arrow and shoot fast. The cops with jetpacks and the Tower of Death mercenaries need different approach. Jet cops are most annoying though, without any doubts. When you get shield from Ian it's easier to defend yourself, you just need to learn the timing between each shots of the foes.

The story is cheesy most of the time. Like the aliens couldn't kill Conrad at the first place and just move on with their plan ? It didn't bothered me earlier but looking back, it feels funny. Not to mention, that they are seeking him and we are in the Tower of Death show to win the cosmic plane tickets bitch! The alien world is really tough. The shapeshifting warriors, tight spaces where we need to fight 2 or 3 of them. And overall the eerie strange feeling seeing those eyed platforms and organic matter all over the industrial elements merging together.

Great action platformer mixed with light adventure elements. I wish Fade to Black was in 2d. I can't stand that look of early 3d graphics.

I don't know if there is any newer game like that, maybe something I missed ?

PjPiZOh.jpg

Tk43aAC.jpg

hDUh2gX.jpg

dqOitCB.jpg

OfM9n3e.jpg

9XqvPGA.jpg

v3fMn5D.jpg

e3CFXye.jpg

HKGXXJe.jpg

RLy0OF3.jpg

gVLDxZr.jpg

I8YC2MS.jpg

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Flashback...man, muh nostalgia. The story is maybe "cheesy" but it's awesome, like a good ol' 80s/90s sf/action film.
I don't know if there is any newer game like that, maybe something I missed ?
Well there's this Flashback remake but it's not very good. Sucks that there are no indiefag "spiritual successors" to "realistic" platformers like Flashback, Another World, Prince of Persia, Blackthorne...

Well there's this Flashback remake but it's not very good. Sucks that there are no indiefag "spiritual successors" to "realistic" platformers like Flashback, Another World, Prince of Persia, Blackthorne...

There is also OnEscapee, but it's not as good as AW or FL.

Lack of talent/vision. We have ton of platformers that are copying the older titles. If there is something more, it's metroidvania titles.

tormund

Arcane
I, for one, am looking forward to the Hexen ("it's like Call of Duty crossed with Skyrim!") reboot after the inevitable smashing success of Doom 4!

:troll:
You know it will happen sooner on later. In before "Bethesda and Machine Games's Hexen reboot is like more accessible first person Dark Souls, and here are five reasons why that is a good thing" headline on IGN.

Ninja Destroyer please do replay Blackthorne, like to hear your thoughts. Using that shotgun is very satisfying.

This was the early Blizzard title, I remember trying it after finishing Lost Vikings. The atmosphere was preety grim in that one, you could kill the chained prisoners and overall it wasn't silly cartoony approach like LV. I never finished full version, so why not ?

Goddamn gooey aliens!
:argh:

Indeed. They are the most unpredictable when it comes to the gooey/stable form transformation. Also we need to watch out because sometimes rolling in their direction to gain some space can result in lowering our shield.

DraQ

Arcane

80Maxwell08

Arcane
In the same game you force pull a star destroyer down into the planet. I have no idea how some of this game got through any screening but hey at least it's a laugh.
But... Has anyone of the devs ever tried to cut a fruit/bread/bun/whatever with a way too short knife?
Or are they all too impaired to be entrusted with even kitchen utensils?
Considering the second game, probably the latter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom