Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:yeah:

Uukrul has the ultimate troll ending.

Congrats on beating the game! Have fun knowing there are no comparable dungeon crawlers anymore. :cry:

Astral Rag

Arcane
4Xcubhc.jpg

Riskbreaker

So, I'm playing this freshly released first person aRPG and... it's actually quite good!

The Fall of The Dungeon Guardians

(not exactly what ya expected, eh?:smug:)
6B7AFDCEF9E0BF17DA7186F9BED8D29B640C01B7

9341B959F7B58A59C839DEF48415D67E731B1AF2

79BD18B12FB358E66F7E43E288CC5C2B8857202F

0C4D865BAC16D07B115828BD2A27492325E3B237

CE2AEB562B02874BC1291D5E890B9F284D680789

03163B5AA3BEDEA63123383D3F13092D4CF00648

F09CCAEA6C84EC3752668C7470DA2C4096AAADD5

F4FB3DC8C10D798E050B6D8928C42CD7264FE80F

Cassidy

Arcane
No mods can fix a shitty game. On the other hand, mods can transform Doom into a RPG that is vastly better than anything Bethesda released in the last 10 years, such as DoomRPG, DoomRL Arsenal, DoomRL Monsters and Sunlust Megawad. Here a mini-AAR, on Ultraviolence difficulty(renamed to Nightmare in DoomRPG)

bHmYmxp.jpg

The great thing about being a scout and finding pistol called hand cannon is that handguns will never become obsolete, but not the point they overshadow the other weapons. There are also shotgun, rocketjump, automatic weapons and weapon modding focused classes.

R1HCe3c.jpg

Stats, Skills, Augmentations and Crafting. More of a real RPG than Fallout 4. Naturally, I prefer to go fast so I used most points into increasing agility. Besides, scouts are supposed to be fast anyway.

qpgq1V8.jpg

Gotta go even faster!

Msb9tHd.jpg

This mod may provide better coop experience than Divinity: Original Sin EE as well, given a good megawad.

:M

zOvDhmV.jpg

Finding an energy-shielded vest (like the one from DoomRL which was the inspiration of those obviously named mods) really helped with survival.

mzZTuiX.jpg

The only thing worse than an Archvile is a Cyber-Archvile surrounded by beefed up Revenants.

VyY1hSF.jpg

Level 12 reached and second map of Sunlust mostly cleared.

The mod isn't perfect. I will have to play one difficulty level above the one I'm used to(Ultraviolence) because neither Doom nor most fan made wads for it were designed to balance the progression of a RPG, which means difficulty goes progressively down until a hidden room filled with super archviles , Mancubi and Revenants appears. Also, sadly the mod features level scaling to make up for the fact there aren't many wads designed for a mod that transform Doom into a FPS+RPG and health regen, but such regen is so slow by default that if you actually wait for it to happen or waste XP in boosting it, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Cassidy
I'm playing that one too.
There is also nice "set" feature, where certain armors and weapons work better together.
But I can't buy Nuclear Power Armor (looks like Adv Power Armor from FO2) and Gauss Rifle (also FO2) with sufficient credits.
Is there some hidden requirements that I can't find in the manuals, google nor mod dedicated sites?
There are any requirements for weapons, armors and else? Because "you can't use that" don't tell me much and there is no info explaining it anywhere.

Last edited:

Blonsky

Prophet
Revenant

So you were spending some quality time in Hell when some wizard brings you back to help fight some ancient cult that is making trouble.
RWVeiu4.jpg

IBgzuCP.jpg

Spells: get runes and try every combination of them there is to find which one activates a spell. Also notice the flame animation borders.
vKfNTNO.jpg

Ugliest. furry. ever.
BuDjS7r.jpg

Combat movement with a mouse, and attacks with A,S,D keys and combinations for special strikes + a stamina bar so no smashing keys at random.
peOmyPy.jpg

Well if everything else fails you can always go kung-fu unarmed fighting.
0d13pXm.jpg

Learning some new attacks.
IdpbzG7.jpg

I am really disappointed that the game is so buggy and just crashes so much all the time.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Revenant

I am really disappointed that the game is so buggy and just crashes so much all the time.

At least you won't suffer through second half of the game, with caves, castle (both have insane respawning enemies behind your back), outer plane...

spekkio

Arcane
BrSuz14CEAARF7s.jpg

N5v148C.jpg

:mca:

Sorry for the black bars, glorious nippon coding...

NPZcuh0.jpg

4PNi7jZ.jpg

AlIvLxg.jpg

c8Mqd8Q.jpg

Shitty trigger discipline, 3/10.

kM0hKW0.jpg

vSbEzM4.jpg

vnwhVjS.jpg

wo01WLF.jpg

drgLHlT.jpg

lkNGhi1.jpg

1434828155882.jpg

:obviously:

Plus, Richard is a BRO:

C5tNr8v.jpg

Cj7Hx3m.jpg

:thumbsup:

iOCfWKy.jpg

:incline:

I remember the criticism when RE1 was released on the PS1. ~20 years later and it's a timeless action-adventure classic, esp. when compared to recent abominations in the series (popamole linear shooters).

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Deus Ex Revision images bath 3/4.
2TwY9mP.jpg

For anyone else - this is the screenshot from The Nameless Mod, the biggest mod for Deus Ex and biggest circlejerk fan service ever.

hM64XYq.jpg

Xw4ZNmB.jpg

:insert clever syso2 quote here:

xr2HO16.jpg

Got some Fallout vibes here.

BBM9bpY.jpg

Somehow this scarred me.

JuQGVO7.jpg

Glad it's over.
2d3BwEm.jpg

:roll:
axNCLc5.jpg

6Iwne5k.jpg

:roll:
cD6X6La.jpg

Tr7f0Pt.jpg

JCGarrett: I've never robbed a machine before. It shouldn't be a challenge.

cq5LPJt.jpg

118feYA.jpg

Jock's Boomstick in close contact = enemies fly back
9j1cgL0.jpg

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The venerable Pellar of Blackbough.

Still others said he showed an indecent fondness for barnyard animals. All of these rumors aroused the fear and respect of the backwater peasants of Velen, and the Pellar did little to discourage them.

maxresdefault.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Boobs & Zombies in HD

iMz75Y5.jpg

Wy7Cpgt.jpg

:thumbsup:

8doCTW2.jpg

Talking selfies can be hazardous...

lCWJdQl.jpg

:oops:

Let's slip into something else...

ui5uu4g.jpg

:notbad:

Anyway, don't forget the Wildfolk lessons:

cJ6nB6m.jpg

Bd89IVo.jpg

Or you can be killed even by regular zombies (the re-animated ones are stronger and faster than regulars too):

ktgwttY.jpg

Anyway...

BZ914Hr.jpg

vH7tENj.jpg

:yeah:

Moments later:

140CERG.jpg

b8KpxcI.jpg

:oops:

But thanks for the new rifle, dawg:

Q5JReMa.jpg

:incline:

You know what never gets old in a RE game? This:

ZWY3gmY.jpg

6H9eWId.jpg

:smug:

And testing new costu...

0Dtq1f0.jpg

:hmmm:

44Ki0sk.jpg

nzkQ8lj.jpg

:desu:

bQNhIrB.jpg

:bounce:

yVWJd6v.jpg

:takemyjewgold:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom