Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Zeriel

Arcane
There's Hipsterism, there's Intense Hipsterism, and then there's... whatever that is. What is it? Satire? Please tell me no one actually paid money for whatever it is.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's Hipsterism, there's Intense Hipsterism, and then there's... whatever that is. What is it? Satire? Please tell me no one actually paid money for whatever it is.

I did. Purely for my walking simulator research purposes, of course.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
JNKj3JU.jpg

JVXUar5.jpg

tg5UDRY.jpg

N7ZIsNR.jpg

:shredder:

gNC0jCl.jpg

Just you wait, you little beastie :argh:

EgaPuIt.jpg

NkxYO6g.jpg

QqBjvWj.jpg

Reptillians in my Drakensang game.

ZF4vXW8.jpg

:shredder::shredder:

rzthvA4.jpg

KyQvwc7.jpg

Germany A.D. 2016

TRG57xG.jpg

:lol:

That was unexpected.

3HpImZN.jpg

vM9sXdq.jpg

Drakensang: River of Time. Nicely done story with no "save the world" meta plot. Many interesting quests with some diffrent choices that add some flavour to them. I was surprised by the number of enemies being kept in a reasonable numbers and hadn't go through trash mobs compared to some other titles. The camera compared to NWN 2 is not a behaving like a separate mini-game where you must constantly control it to have the best view for the most of the time. Stable engine, plus graphics and sound department worked well, although music isn't very memorable. From what I've read it's a prequel to the Dark Eye, which is more grindy but I'll play it anyway because I'm really liking this setting.

Blonsky

Prophet
Ascension to the Throne: Valkyrie

A very :shredder: kind of game.

Got raised by the orcs that had something against clothes.
e94SINN.jpg

Well human kingdom is fucked.
BVqRMnn.jpg

Turn-based combat on a 3D map but no advantage/disadvantage for higher/lower ground.
XJrylQZ.jpg

Decisions, decisions...
060abE1.jpg

Lady, nobody wants to touch you.
JQJ1Pc9.jpg

To58Tlp.jpg

A dying king of giants.
B4Ym9Ei.jpg

The queen of the Amazons.
PDwtRF6.jpg

A quest to get some woman for a lonely wizard.
7YQO7iP.jpg

Finally some decent armor. Well a more covering armor at least.
qQoqYIu.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

e94SINN.jpg

XJrylQZ.jpg

*sees nearly naked woman in first screenshot*

*sees Bradylama's face in bottom-left corner of second screenshot*

:hmmm:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Age of De-cad-ence? I'm 12 and what's dat

13944.jpg

13945.jpg

13946.jpg

13947.jpg

13948.jpg

13949.jpg

13950.jpg

13951.jpg

13952.jpg

Unfortunately the game is lackluster, even if you happen to enjoy Telltale's interactive movies (as I sometimes do). The only potentially interesting aspect of the "setting" -- the ability to build stuff and to transform the environment -- is handwaved. The game does sort of focus on it for a bit, but oh the ultimate irony: unable to support it via Telltale's usual QTE-based gameplay, it deteriorates into generic and boring fantasy children's adventure stuff. I guess even Minecraft proved to be too much of a game for Telltale's trademark "notgameplay" to handle.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
JNKj3JU.jpg

JVXUar5.jpg

tg5UDRY.jpg

N7ZIsNR.jpg

:shredder:

gNC0jCl.jpg

Just you wait, you little beastie :argh:

EgaPuIt.jpg

NkxYO6g.jpg

QqBjvWj.jpg

Reptillians in my Drakensang game.

ZF4vXW8.jpg

:shredder::shredder:

rzthvA4.jpg

KyQvwc7.jpg

Germany A.D. 2016

TRG57xG.jpg

That was unexpected.

3HpImZN.jpg

vM9sXdq.jpg

Drakensang: River of Time. Nicely done story with no "save the world" meta plot. Many interesting quests with some diffrent choices that add some flavour to them. I was surprised by the number of enemies being kept in a reasonable numbers and hadn't go through trash mobs compared to some other titles. The camera compared to NWN 2 is not a behaving like a separate mini-game where you must constantly control it to have the best view for the most of the time. Stable engine, plus graphics and sound department worked well, although music isn't very memorable. From what I've read it's a prequel to the Dark Eye, which is more grindy but I'll play it anyway because I'm really liking this setting.

Playing first Drakensang after the River of Time will be huge disappointment.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Unfortunately the game is lackluster, even if you happen to enjoy Telltale's interactive movies (as I sometimes do). The only potentially interesting aspect of the "setting" -- the ability to build stuff and to transform the environment -- is handwaved. The game does sort of focus on it for a bit, but oh the ultimate irony: unable to support it via Telltale's usual QTE-based gameplay, it deteriorates into generic and boring fantasy children's adventure stuff. I guess even Minecraft proved to be too much of a game for Telltale's trademark "notgameplay" to handle.

What a colossal fuck-up. It's even worse than "Doom Stories Ep1" where the Doom Marine uses his radio more than his guns and has "meaningful" conversations with possessed Grunts about their radical new lifestyles.

(INB4 Ninja Destroyer and Astral Rag blowing their brains out.)

Zeriel

Arcane

e94SINN.jpg

Well human kingdom is fucked.
BVqRMnn.jpg

Turn-based combat on a 3D map but no advantage/disadvantage for higher/lower ground.
XJrylQZ.jpg

Decisions, decisions...
060abE1.jpg

Lady, nobody wants to touch you.
JQJ1Pc9.jpg

To58Tlp.jpg

A dying king of giants.
B4Ym9Ei.jpg

The queen of the Amazons.
PDwtRF6.jpg

A quest to get some woman for a lonely wizard.
7YQO7iP.jpg

Finally some decent armor. Well a more covering armor at least.
qQoqYIu.jpg

That game was actually pretty enjoyable even if you ignore the big booty everywhere. Played it back in the 00's. The RPG/army hybrid system was weirdly entertaining. Too bad they never made another. A++, would shovelware again.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Total Biscuit reviewed that game around the time he got cancer. I don't recall the game's name, but you had best be careful.

Leitz

Learned
And I thought my screenshot was weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom