Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Call of Stalker: Potato Warfare

CeSwWtc.jpg

hfY1FFX.jpg

qbS4eKE.jpg

j42UE0A.jpg

8Frqnkt.jpg

ZZcFwCN.jpg

6M7oR5j.jpg

qBVMDpt.jpg

K2I0nit.jpg

cDrYh6G.jpg

IfG2g3K.jpg

x3gYY8f.jpg

P82mF3A.jpg

KVzrEkL.jpg

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I don't get it, what's the game about ?
You get clues, encrypted shit and other stuff - then you fire up your browser and get to work. Standard stuff is finding archives, decrypting, interacting with made-up websites.

F.e. one of the training missions required you to access a database to view some pics, find a cyphered web address and report back. Now I have a mission where I had to go through some invoices and contact a supplier (mail sent, waiting for confirmation).

Easy stuff now, but there will be bigger missions which will involve people in RL locations (there was already one before early access and the same people did a few for TSW).

Alfons

Prophet
Once immersed in an ARG, you could encounter a clue anywhere - an online post, a text from a fictional character, a building, or even an interaction with a stranger on the street. You will begin to see the world differently, sorting through the noise to find the patterns and determine the next step to uncovering the way forward. Your life becomes gamified.
The claims seem as interesting as they are exaggerated.
To understand the emotions and unique experiences offered by an ARG, you either need to talk with someone who lived through one, or experience it for yourself.
So bozia2012 , how gamified has your life become?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Once immersed in an ARG, you could encounter a clue anywhere - an online post, a text from a fictional character, a building, or even an interaction with a stranger on the street. You will begin to see the world differently, sorting through the noise to find the patterns and determine the next step to uncovering the way forward. Your life becomes gamified.
The claims seem as interesting as they are exaggerated.
To understand the emotions and unique experiences offered by an ARG, you either need to talk with someone who lived through one, or experience it for yourself.
So bozia2012 , how gamified has your life become?
Not enough. I need rent, taxes and shit also tied to progress bars and achievements - otherwise I'm too lazy to pay in time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't get how you can keep playing Blood 2. I tried again fairly recently and I just couldn't stand it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom