Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

sser

Arcane
Developer

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
som3thing abouta drhink. none cared who i was unti i dumped off the roof. this iw what women pet squires. blasted on my ass. would forsure drunk that. fuckin ability women to suciuce. whatever i'm tired or transcribing that shitty video. fuck uo sser.

pippin

My favorite part from that video is when Brote cringes at the knife scene. I felt the same way.

baturinsky

Arcane
J581G4sh.jpg

hPvjwnth.jpg

yHi504Yh.jpg

oQCdrTXh.jpg

BbZrhtGh.jpg

nApw4f7h.jpg

YxtWldCh.jpg

N3AytLVh.jpg

OY3zyGph.jpg

TMefsluh.jpg

dXPZpn1h.jpg

jvQqEIoh.jpg

sUbIbgzh.jpg

WyW1qD1h.jpg

iJas4rmh.jpg

enz5Vunh.jpg

DUPl4Kxh.jpg

8tioFRhh.jpg

c0HgX0Uh.jpg

e2tTqCFh.jpg

b96uKF9h.jpg

awqWwxsh.jpg

KOt8XXKh.jpg

wgObDSrh.jpg

f93k20yh.jpg

NPkMl5Lh.jpg

RLK5Ozbh.jpg

0SbIevuh.jpg

bnJGR27h.jpg

qWVnfWDh.jpg

g0jQnCwh.jpg

aoGBp6sh.jpg

YPgm2AQh.jpg

uZBmPKth.jpg

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Surprised there are no Arkham Knight screenshots so far.

Is nobody playing it yet? Oh...

Arkham Knight had 12 people to do the PC port.
There was one guy on Steam who said it worked like a charm after a few "tweaks" he did, and promised to give more feedback, but a few moments later he asked for a refund :lol:
Heard they stopped selling the game even.

Inf0mercial

Augur
So ive heard good things about the tides of the underdark campaign of never winter nights, or at least its better than the oc and i am between games and undecided so i thought what the heck.

I have some complaints.

5668456bd3.jpg

I am worried my druid is taking his "ties with nature" a little bit too far.

a764056f7d.jpg

I swear bear if you can't keep up i will fucking trade you for the Dire wolf.
178eda206d.jpg

Fuck i wish this bear was my familiar mine keeps failing his sleep check every time we get into a fight then i have to loiter around till the fucker wakes up.
99d155761a.jpg

Shit i don't want good points this happened with the fucking halfings when i healed them for xp at least i managed to shake down a lady for her dead husbands ring for evil points.
That's fine its just a quick reload and
2f2bf0b374.jpg

Fuck where are my xp points, fuck.

Still infected with bioware, you can be evil but you will act like a cartoon villain oh and we will take away xp and rewards, you prick.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Surprised there are no Arkham Knight screenshots so far.

Is nobody playing it yet? Oh...
I'm about halfway through the game. Getting 50-60FPS with all details on max, NVIDIA extra features turned off and the game installed on SSD

Gentle Player

Arcane
So ive heard good things about the tides of the underdark campaign of never winter nights, or at least its better than the oc and i am between games and undecided so i thought what the heck.

Still infected with bioware, you can be evil but you will act like a cartoon villain oh and we will take away xp and rewards, you prick.

That's Shadows of Undrentide you're playing; Hordes of the Underdark follows on from it* and is a bit better if you don't mind high level D&D. Writing is garbage as ever but both games have some nice (if small) dungeons and there are a surprising amount of alternative solutions to various problems and interesting use of skill checks. For example, in Undermountain, a successful Spellcraft check will inform the player that certain chests are cloaked in Illusion magic. If one tries to open the chests they will turn into bats and fly away, leaving the player with nothing. A nice bit of flavour, but a canny player may think to cast a Dispel Magic, whereupon the chests will disappear and leave behind loot on the floor.

*But not directly. There is a gap both in narrative and expected character level when importing from SoU. Bioware left it to the players to fill the gap in via a module contest. I recommend the Shadow Queen module after SoU, and then importing to HotU. There is also a SQ sequel intended for HotU victors. SQ was meant to be a trilogy but apparently was left unfinished, so the narrative makes no sense at all. The writing is nonsense anyway; what's important is that both modules have some nice puzzles, secrets, and lots of riddles, along with a good atmosphere and fewer instances of trash combat than one would expect. Played them, along with the Bioware modules in proper order, for the first time recently and had lots of fun.

Inf0mercial

Augur

That's Shadows of Undrentide you're playing; Hordes of the Underdark follows on from it* and is a bit better if you don't mind high level D&D. Writing is garbage as ever but both games have some nice (if small) dungeons and there are a surprising amount of alternative solutions to various problems and interesting use of skill checks. For example, in Undermountain, a successful Spellcraft check will inform the player that certain chests are cloaked in Illusion magic. If one tries to open the chests they will turn into bats and fly away, leaving the player with nothing. A nice bit of flavour, but a canny player may think to cast a Dispel Magic, whereupon the chests will disappear and leave behind loot on the floor.

*But not directly. There is a gap both in narrative and expected character level when importing from SoU. Bioware left it to the players to fill the gap in via a module contest. I recommend the Shadow Queen module after SoU, and then importing to HotU. There is also a SQ sequel intended for HotU victors. SQ was meant to be a trilogy but apparently was left unfinished, so the narrative makes no sense at all. The writing is nonsense anyway; what's important is that both modules have some nice puzzles, secrets, and lots of riddles, along with a good atmosphere and fewer instances of trash combat than one would expect. Played them, along with the Bioware modules in proper order, for the first time recently and had lots of fun.

Yes i screwed up the name meh, its close enough and i plan to play hordes after this so good enough, i did notice skill the check thing where i could cast sleep on a group of kobolds in a conversation, that was nice it felt natural.

I have played a bit of Underdark campaign seems decent enough from the first level, although i don't think i was meant to have the ancient blue roll a 1 on his resist petrification roll so made that fight last about 3 seconds. I will look up those modules, i find i don't mind the games combat system even if how slow characters are without haste is a bit enraging at times.

Gentle Player

Arcane
It shouldn't be a problem for long, as there are many Boots of Speed to find or buy.

If you do play Shadow Queen I'll give you a word of advice as it drove me nuts trying to figure this out: there are a few instances where you have to answer a riddle or find the correct place to recite an incantation. This isn't done through the usual selection in the dialogue window, nor are there any prompts. Instead, the player must type his answers manually via the chat window.

Inf0mercial

Augur
68061e08aa.jpg

What the fuck, after this he drank a third one.
What kind of mountain giant has critical wound health potions in a low level fucking game?

I ran out and checked after summoning another bear n buffing it he had 5 total, what the fuck.

Edit: This is part of Ai mod somehow it auto decided that this was a good default option all monsters generate critical healing potions of half their hit points, goddamn it.

Last edited:

A horse of course

DmC: Devil May Cry
XG0s48K.png

Not that bad if you like casual slashers. Good controls, nice visuals, a few interesting scenes. A little on the long side, perhaps. Quite a bit of platforming, too. Terrible writing but you can skip all the cutscenes. One major bug - sound is absolutely fucked on my laptop after playing for five minutes, and continues to screw up sound on my computer for a few minutes after exiting the game. Weird. Never had a problem with this before. Saw some threads about people with similar problems but no solutions.

The DLC (Vergil's Downfall) is fucking awful, avoid like leprosy.

DmC
VN6Vbj8.png
X76Au6V.png
Zlh2M3N.png
7rSzYhZ.png
xJsq8Rd.png
6N7lQ8x.png
blNS3Y4.png
EHrjTXU.png
g6LHwAj.png
q1K9Cw6.png
qmK8foe.png

f05zeCz.png
esPnDxy.png
lRA2p6t.png
1AYe5MK.png
lAocoEA.png
9xFSjhA.png
KZFq0vv.png
fc7FA9t.png
cj92Ebs.png
QAKCVLR.png
xUscr0C.png
0DVfCPc.png
cdxPdrc.png
GGDompt.png
5rued6R.png
DuSNszT.png
6wjeBrI.png
28GFBS8.png
BmdhkVU.png
G6ggk0G.png
9Cbw9EY.png

Virgin's Downfall
c1QwmE4.png
aG6i9YI.png
Qm0Uy2u.png
R6TcY6T.png
YizB5Vl.png
aPbRMRq.png
zJN4tGY.png
6u3qSay.png
uW2qqlx.png
2piTDdU.png
7ZVTkG5.png

spekkio

Arcane
Dungeon of the Endless

Level 8 took me almost a week of savescumming and trying new tactics. You really have to git gud to survive.

OXrSwCR.jpg

I went from:

seal.jpg

At the beginning, to:

671821-pinhead_8hell.jpg

Near the end.

pzrcFzU.jpg

nDoTYDY.jpg

Problem is, this game can be unfair as fuck. Got bonus dust = you win. Low on dust = let's throw a gigiantic mob at you with every door opened. Which can be dealth with most of the time, as long as you know proper strategy and tactics. Which take time to learn.
So people playing as intended (permadeth) can have a hard time learing what they do wrong. I got a chance to learn when replaying the same situation over and over (using backup saves), but normalfags? They will just reach Lv5-6, then get assraped by some gigantic mob, ragequit and uninstall (as some reviews indicate). :roll:

Anyway, more rape incoimng:

5yyqWls.jpg

Riskbreaker

UT 2004, Out Of Hell TC
3DC336F6542FDE7E983A72778AB148478EE53D49

2306A723974B12521B249F8ED569C78CA3D68321

3C59F44FA3DCBF252F37377BBC0A6CEF25201FCA

FA6A3ABF6070F8326357EA528245C223826CC0E6

C7E9187D2B3FF86A944A69C42D7F6575847890F8

F394E745F1259F893F7F1801CDE1474065395D68

44E393681665DF7965D43E71A3D8EAEC7FDBF966

691FB1047B95E0292BEA80B5E8165583840A1EF0

6C32FA70A3F8B2A6326BFD545BC6662450124814

40CCF4CEC78DEFE999505D902D9197116F1AA905

B7610D8C717276EF9696C884001314C7BF7E4B37

1DAB4BB0CEF8311DB734D3D85F2A879A0B5E605B

2DD58BBA8DB4B000C209076E26547288AEB39ED5
(actual playability is nowhere near the same level as teh visuals)

Last edited by a moderator:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Astral Rag wat

Also - having fun with this "walking sim". I guess I just like pieceing shit together from letters, crumpled notes, invoices etc. Plus that 90s nostalgia rush after finding a cinemat ticket for "Pulp Fiction" or a TV guide with "X-Files".

ruOTXYH.jpg

Last edited:

A horse of course

UT 2004, Out Of Hell TC

I have vague memoriesof playing this years ago. Didn't they try to port it to another engine? I can't remember much about the project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom