Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Once you get the scythe most enemies turn into a joke, its alternate attack has even a built in life drain effect.

AeQa6oB.jpg

cSRQ1PH.jpg

5XWGXXV.jpg

Umn1bib.jpg

hzDLe0P.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
LTTP (Late to the Party) with Wolfenstein (2009)
Rifles are great, even unmodified. One shot kill everytime, even when hit ass arms and legs. Finding gold and other stuff in these times? How dare, it's fun but today games r not about fun, duh.
You hsould try it...oh wait, your almighty belowed gaben removed it from the store, you should suck more that fat cock.

it78sAxkGev0h.jpg

German lost the war, yet they still have cheaper sugar. :rpgcodex:

iVBMvCZyWWZkJ.jpg

Nice bedroom. Revenant's bedroom?

ilDqaLLaDoH1p.jpg

Look at these eyes. Looking through you soul, right into the pockets. He smell old, ancient relics from the mile, gold from the other side of the planet.
He's plotting, see these sparkles in his eyes?

ijdYC8wnU5dfc.jpg

iUw0sqyTxsU1A.jpg

So...we got mole in our group? Wonder who that might be. Considering that everyone have german names...

iEF70VV3PV3oT.jpg

Bruno, I have idea. Why don't we call burgers for the one man army do help us?

ifkcRKAaJccUQ.jpg

Game so linear crossing NPC's line of activity create bizzare situations.

iba3pJmQqcFuDn.jpg

Depth of Field in action. They looks like manequins now.

ivlpADVnkS2e3.jpg

izyYLb8nYzqFp.jpg

Lighting on objects looks fine, but on NPCs is ugly like sine, almost Oblivionesque level.

pippin

Real time action-oriented combat stopped evolving with those games.
I finished Jedi Academy like 10 times, on every difficulty level. A masterpiece.

baturinsky

Arcane
I played it through several times but could never figure how to "properly" swordfight. So I mostly "cheat", running around and using forces, until enemy forget to block it or otherwise gives an opening for attack. Much like in this vid.

Essegi

Cipher
I must give Arx Fatalis another try!
There's a great Let's Play series on youtube by a german girl called LythaJuliania. It's a pretty great alternative if you don't want to suffer through the bugs and annoying things in the game. She knows her way around the game.
Horrible advice is horrible.
Yeah. Arx was damn worth to be played.

Exanima
Beaten novice arena after so many deaths... Make feel me really retarded.

Btw 4 layers on just torso.

b0tfSiU.jpg

5mKzpy6.jpg

zNiHvEA.jpg

XvbMJ6k.jpg

qc6Tfad.jpg

Lol, woman apparel on top.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Blowing up bad AI in CC.

87D4C87C4341D2FD23571A18E31D4BB90728A695

Used the burnt out remains of those tanks for cover in the ensuing counter-attack which led to this:

ABA7BA96747880DDD7747319AF56E7CFEBA6373E

B0CA948C4F837A50553F4A9036D4312D02A04FB5

I love ya, CC, but as always this is pretty :roll:

The two wounded were: a gunner inside a tank and a sniper who ate some mortal shrapnel as enemy mortars somehow figured out where he was and blew his hidey-hole to pieces.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Dark Sun : Shattered lands (one of the best games I have ever played, for sure ; I bought it but never managed to make it run).

pQXsRyM.png

DJDbbXg.png

BTt6CBp.png

FVbKizy.png

VJykyiK.png

1hsc3oG.png

9yDvvwR.png

0Fof95U.png

5kt4VzV.png

Wyvern corpses :
GKt06Q5.png

u3kziv8.png

Man, this level cap... :
hn6fWX0.png

6vTXoqu.png

BBAhQZM.png

TWWEmPR.png

KDKlTea.png

51KgnJu.png

7HMLS9U.png

Last edited:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Dark Sun was cool. Loved how the web spell totally stalled my K6-II 300.

I never managed to finish DS2 - all copies I found on abandonware were crashing in the same spot. <3 Psurlons <3

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fo07GHM.jpg

LsVhphm.jpg

11480.jpg

EyxM8Lb.jpg

QPwrF6s.jpg

kfyTs0h.jpg

FKC2OoW.jpg

G2Pflol.jpg

nQKvEk5.jpg

Qc95SmQ.jpg

44Pjrlp.jpg

x8gLj2a.jpg

T3yZrgx.jpg

wUfAovz.jpg

Martian Gothic : Unification.
I remember it was released during the survival horror craze started with Resident Evil. After so many years, trying to finish some oldies I found the PSX version for my convenience. Epsxe started and I've felt overwhelmed at the begining. There are three characters which were send to the base on Mars, which was of course calling emergency. We start at three separate points and have to cooperate with each other to be able to finish the game. But here is the twist - you can never ever be with two characters on the same location or really near. "Stay alone, stay alive". This will be repeated through the beginning and for a good reason. We've got computer tech guy from Japan, a black guy from US as a commanding officer and only woman in the crew who is microbiologist. At first it's hard because the base feels really big and we have to learn to navigate through it. Later on you will have no problem with that, you will remember what's around every corner. That's because you will have to backtrack more than once to finally progress in game.

Martian Gothic was originally intented to be an adventure game. Three dimensional with all the bells and whistles, but point and click adventure. Of course thanks to the publisher it was changed to simulate a survival horror. That's why we will have to operate with diffrent items with diffrent characters. Later on you will find so many logs, ammo and weapons that you will have problem to decide what to take. There are some lockers that can be used as chests for goodies. Plus we have Vac-Tubes. Thank the fictional scientists for them. You can send 4 items, and they can be taken from another one Vac-Tube. It's really simple and handy tool.

The enemies aren't really varied. Mostly we will have to deal with "non-dead", which was of course the crew that we were sent to save. But here is the twist. You can shoot time, they fall and look like dead again. But after some time they will rise again. And again. AND AGAIN! It's really ride in the park at the beginning but later on is just constant struggle for survive. You just have to run like hell and be careful not being bite more than 3 times. After that is bye bye screen. At first, when the zombie will grab you, you will hear a horryfing sound. Horryfying, because it's so fucking loud. And it stays like that to the end. Even after putting in so many hours I had some really "sound scares" moments :lol:. There are some crab like creatures which can poison you, and that causes loss of health for some time. And last, but not least - Trimorphs. If you don't have good weapon (flare gun) or you don't trap it or lure out you're dead meat. You just can look how your character is brutally killed.

The weapons and ammo to them is not a big problem, with the "run before being forced to shoot" tactic you will save many bullets. The bigger problem are the healing syringes and antitoxicants. Microbiologist can make it in the labolatory, but they are really rare, so you need to be careful. Weapons feel dull, not enough variety in them. The models of characters aren't impressive either. What shines are the 2d background, very nicely done work.

The story is really well developed. It was written by Stephen Marley, responsible for the script of Dreamweb and it really shows. The computer logs, the audio pieces from the crew... A survival horror combined with sci-fi that isn't totaly derp, but believable and coherent.

Martian Gothic was infuriating and addictive at the same time. I really couldn't count how much time I've spent on some mini-quests to finally see any progress. The constant struggling with inventory and backtracking can be off putting too. Also, the ending was rushed and it really shows. Still, have a good time with it. If you want some proto Dead Space with RE feelings it's right up your alley.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom