Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Battle Mage in G2: Night of the Raven is the best class I ever played. It require full knowledge of the game, not a problem for potato like me, people here love that game for some reason. Get integrents in right order, use them in right moment, find some obscure item from last narrow of the worldmap etc. After that I never touched the game, which is a sin because, as potato, you should do playthrough every year.
ERYFKRAD
Have you tried to check behind the ork pallisade? The huge wall on the road to Sect Camp? There was a cave behind that, there's rest of the bodies.
I forgot the reason why this thing exist in the first place me silly, teleportation made by PB!

Your people are truly a gift to humanity.
Sure thing.
3vDS3WDFWlWGiGbKnK.gif

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

IIRC, each map has an "inaccessible" cave where Piranha Bytes stores NPCs that need to (dis)appear when needed.

I think the Jhakandar dump site map can be reached or found without cheating, but the one in Khorinis is somewhere west of the black troll and north of where you get the healed eye for Pyrokar.

My last playthrough of G2 NOTR had me "squeezing" the game for every scrap of XP by being a munchkin in general and doing stuff like noclipping into these caves and killing everyone inside (which made some people mad elsewhere for no particular reason). I just barely managed to reach Level 58 with this method.

Darth Slaughter said:
Stuff about graphical glitches in Witcher 3

You spot those glitches, but you fail to notice the clipping issue in the very first image? Look at the man's arm:

1.jpg

(Also, WTB clothes that blood doesn't stick to.)

Riskbreaker

Doom 2, VooDoo Guns
DEF10653CE4FA4D1F1337E217B1176F9EF1FE7F7

64189475DE0FADC7BE46585BCE6AC74D78F596BD

3D672ED243BB8A2DE27769EF583D655BC17CF4A0

2D42173EFE01C0D40C17A5F8D0141CEBFCCD2799

E1A5ECFCA52E0ED4C707743B422E42AD9E7F2ECD

225D7C0CF3397DB4E62F9920C18FBD2713245CD2

5E7BCB1B669AE71464A80E4254972A7E298D2C67

107A67CBFE677F207B9A5C4970CD1574F806F40B

2A8A1224DF6699555E7F12DA447987BA179DB30D

B78D7BC852E5F9C349EBB776964372F0F009C5AD

CDFF6D9B2ED35D58BF97EE2F226E9CC96E2275EF

4DD6D53263B0A6251C0F2B4964067BD4025E4651

8BB566DC2BB9CCD796CC28AA795478A037B91AB0

Neon Struct
526D4C04A387B0AA6EC75B87F77E0B2AEAA0D756

B9A6CF8E67588492B04C3E96D026A1624C97648D

2A170CC82C705F1877CA8AAE018696079FA0B815

CEF760376A19310D799DE017A124F6F9DF0CC692

BE19517B42C9091B15D8BE5F4E78EF9BD16DDD5D

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Slaughter said:
Stuff about graphical glitches in Witcher 3

You spot those glitches, but you fail to notice the clipping issue in the very first image? Look at the man's arm:

1.jpg

(Also, WTB clothes that blood doesn't stick to.)

Well, the point is that clipping is common in witcher games, specially 3. And they don't bother me as much as the ones I mentioned.

Riskbreaker

Their behavior is identical to that of standard pinkies. Same with other reskinned enemies and most of those "new" weapons. That nailgun-like thingie, for example, behaves as a regular plasma gun. Only exception are those dual handguns (in that they spend ammo way faster, they are as useless as your basic handgun).

Anyway, that particular wad is significantly more enjoyable to look at than it is fun to actually play.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Whatever, still gonna launch it cause I like gun wads.
no matter that I drop them fast like every version of Brutal Doom

Riskbreaker

'Tis not a gun wad/gameplay mod, despite the name.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/v-z/vg.zip
Mini episode consisting of two huge, (over)detailed maps chock-full of custom resources. I really have this impression that Eternal salvaged them from some abandoned, unannounced TC he was probably working on (just my impression mind you, there is no confirmation that they were indeed part of some larger project).

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doom 2, VooDoo Guns

I always like these semi opened city maps made in the old engines. This one is particulary good, and confusing at the same time. It's so huge that I had to wander back and forth to memorize the "key to door" thing. Finding the keycards is always a challenge, since there are so many monsters and additional traps inside these buildings. It's good for single player, but not so for coop.

Riskbreaker

Aye, running away from a particularly rapey Cyber (who you simply have no way to eliminate at that point) and his lil buddies, while trying to figure out where in the fucks name is one to use that damn silver key.... let's say situations like that tend to evoke certain feelings.
Twas so good looking, that first map, with great theme and fantastic attention to details. I just wish Eternal put more effort into actual gameplay. And I wish that exploration was better and more rewarding, what with doors that remain unopenable until certain point and there being only TWO secrets in that beautiful monster of a map.

Same with other reskinned enemies
I was wee bit wrong about this. Second map does, in fact, contain some new baddies that aren't mere reskins including... erm... bunch of Calebs.
9295132499F9426D630E1AE9320524D23AA4DDEE

btw, I remember last map from Eternal's own Remain 3 wad being really good city map that I really enjoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something for Ed123. Chaos Break on old PS1, a survival horror from Taito. Which really is ripping off RE series with no shame. The walking sound is exactly the same, and we have two heroes to choose. Of course I choose waifu. The male (Rick) is the first one, but from the look of it you will still do almost 90 % of things that our kawaii Mituki will have endure to survive. There is a map, an underground base with some DNA experiments which turned loose. And lot's of computers. The music is very simplistic, but I liked it. After hard day of work there was something mesmerizing and calming in playing it.

LxVJq4A.jpg

ndbtMBd.jpg

NmpLaOd.jpg

:friendzoned:

yrprkgb.jpg

I was really surprised that we need to conserve ammo for the final boss. At first when I had so much of it I thought it will be a walk in the park, but no. Later on there are more enemies and new tougher one. The best strategy is to run from door to door as quickly as possible.

4XoQiuo.jpg

I smell shitsorm incoming.

1ADHbXp.jpg

Oh, yes. The drug. Probably it was being used by the voice actors because it feels like classic Resident Evil 1 quality acting. I have no doubt that you will laugh as much as I did. Clean your ears and prepare for a feast ! The subtitles don't match with the voices so it's a bonus.

ny6OEzt.jpg

Dem legs.

Also

I like Alpha Protocol this much.

ovKXJld.jpg

Dumb monsters are replaced with really annoying one, and they take a lot of ammo to beat.

dXrfcsg.jpg

One of the riddles when you need to take container with the larva from the basement, transport it with your own hands into the elevator and be careful not to destroy it when you stumble upon enemies. You just cut through the lines, if not the larva will die after a couple of bad scalpel moves. Earlier we have a nice sudoku one, it changes with every new game.

Ke66zt8.jpg

Wow, that puzzle was a bitch. Making a new antidotum, you need to stop the moving line right in the centre of the screen. The first one is easy, the last one is ....:rage:

bYE2JiF.jpg

The base is filled with computers, and particullary with messages about the rats. It's like they didn't had time to make diffrent one or they were so cheap. Of course we will have to kill some big mutated rats.

e77N3ny.jpg

GPU8X0o.jpg

The most horryfying monsters, quick, and they have stunlocking. Just look at my ammo number, this buddy gave me a couple of lessons.

oftZq1K.jpg

Final boss, time to use all that sweet warm napalm bombs.

ikkAGYJ.jpg

P8isPYw.jpg

0VIo4iS.jpg

The discs percentage - There are many cd discs scattered through the base. I don't really know how does it affect the ending. As for the enemies - It's a good ratio considering their numbers.

Really surprising B-class game with a b-class plot. Mituki was very :desu:.

A horse of course

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

AKnGodb.jpg

Sequel to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/screenshot-thread.72409/page-542#post-3812968 (I know I said I'd never play this, but I may as well go full retard now I've played 90% of the available RE games in existence)

Crashes like a motherfucker in recent versions of Dolphin, USE SAVESTATES or just get the PS3 re-release, I guess. Anyway, compared to the original: Less insta-death QTEs, more reloads and checkpoints, so get this one if you're curious about the series. MAH IMPRESSHUNS in the RE thread.

DyNObZo.png

SacZuZR.png
YOvCJJi.png
2KKXP24.png
eEjnrxf.png
sAkuxGx.png
4pzErDf.png
e66CT1C.png
Rbf7aIW.png
yvtAIdU.png
AONwnMM.png
lqWyQwq.png
8PvpREN.png
k80RB35.png
hVico9k.png
ggGxtQK.png
IbouSqp.png
rPGCiWz.png
TaGD6Y6.png
4b1T9wh.png
LoeFxvk.png
oZUsPKI.png
KCEGv0w.png
8HS8QMI.png
xWzLAzd.png
UXOmEw2.png
7njIh3G.png
4711Us2.png
rEXG166.png
lGoZBUR.png
CquJwn9.png

Astral Rag

Arcane
A very cool map indeed. I'm still working my way through Ep1 but Death Wish is already even better than I hoped it would be. Really inspired and varied level design, great atmosphere, very challenging,...

Blonsky

Prophet
Shattered Union

So America messed up their election and the only way to fix it was to blow up their president. After that the USA splits into factions and start fighting betwen them self.

eT9vjRU.jpg

The starting place of the EU peacekeppers protecting their interest, Washington with a crater.
DlpTRpM.jpg

Well Russia had to get involved, they just want to annex free the people of Alaska.
crTsx6f.jpg

Bringing peace to City of Detroit, with one bombed hex every turn.
Ncbc7Yi.jpg

Fuck you Texas and your oil supllies.
h5klR7a.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom