Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A horse of course

Resident Evil: Outbreak
EiPac3A.jpg

fpXJgt4.png
tEpO5ZE.png
7t2GL5g.png
glvMXrH.png
kGIrqBe.png
OuPE97H.png
Wldtgwt.png
UJzmPTa.png
42QW3jt.png
AQSa0nQ.png
RkWTJDP.png
3xOefhM.png
AhNK3Yk.png
E2OVxHw.png
oMTFxTg.png
Dbyp3Du.png
SSQkryc.png
68pRC5e.png
SS1B4sh.png
PLsIoDx.png
QW17Y9x.png
uzmed5z.png
SRLPLvf.png
PJ8gOwN.png
zuKIqY9.png
pO9xOan.png
oHM75pM.png
SChQ0db.png
5agiXgX.png
hEg3eYf.png
04WgpyL.png
Sb9w0yn.png
oVbxiRO.png
jAh2mLg.png
QGoesU3.png
xsJiM9f.png
4JN2DPF.png

Impressions in the RE thread later on

Coyote

Arcane

How this compares with the original?

I never actually played it, but I did read something that went into some of the changes a while back:
  • Controls have been changed, most notably with the addition of a dedicated jump button.
  • There's a new equipment slot for things like the hand scanner rather than grouping them with subweapons.
  • Most areas are overall pretty similar in layout but have new traps and other changes to keep players of the original on their toes.
  • Many puzzles are changed completely, and sometimes in ways designed specifically to troll players of the original (e.g., the switch that you needed to press to open a chest now sets off a trap instead).
  • There are some new puzzle-related items, as well as a couple of new subweapons (caltrops and chakrams, I believe). Throwing knives have been replaced with rolling shurikens. Software has been reworked, but I don't know the details.
  • Apparently the puzzles are somewhat easier due to item descriptions and Xelpud occasionally giving you useful advice this time around, but boss fights and Hell Temple have been made more difficult. Some fights are quite different from in the original (e.g., Baphomet now has a second phase, Mother's fight no longer requires you to use specific weapons in each phase).
  • Hard mode makes much more of a difference in the remake.
  • There's a new boss rush feature.
And then of course there are the new graphics/music.

Probably not a comprehensive list, and of course I can't offer any assessment on how they compare in terms of quality.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Fixed one thing.
Back again to 7,62 High Calibre + Blue Sun Mod 2.1. This time also with Silver Girl's additions (Armory v.2 which add another 200 guns to already enormous arsenal, and the Kelly's default head).
From the other news - after release on the Steam R@S mentioned that BSM 2.1 is the last, and definitive, version and goes to the other project. Found that they were working on English translation of HardLife mod (some of his elements are in BSM) and it's actually ready and they send files to few trustful people to test. :bounce:

Anyway - I loaded old saves (it's endgame phase, we took the person we were looking for) and tried to took other cities from gobmnt hands. This is what I found in my inventory. That's why I love this game.
ibs6ZNY0KGNckZ.jpg

ibkdsIc8xEAdpq.jpg

i9tPhy4yRlJoe.jpg

How did he know me??

Rabbid

Savant
I watch plenty of sunrises. The appearance of the hated day-star announces that my all-night gaming session has come to an end and I must retreat to my coffin.

If you were trver, you should dwell somewhere that no light could ever break in. Alternatively, you can use the singing birds as an indicator of dawn.

Riskbreaker

The single worst thing about Chasm was the utter lack of z-axis.
Aye, lack of height variation is easily Chasm's biggest flaw. Hell, some maps are as utterly flat as those from some Wolf3D era shooter. Still, 'tis a really enjoyable game.

What's with the interlace?
I used one of DOSBox Daum's CRT shaders. (DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom