Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
Just finished this (great humor) :
EfOcYGU.png

ScKdaWL.png

JC1x8ku.png

fNkcd7r.png

SnzGnSt.png

WW2i577.png

cDF31ve.png
This one was good too :
SvHxV5s.png

HHk3XfQ.png

7cQoYZf.png

RquPUG2.jpg

f0Hrbwx.png

QB0nRi6.png

wNQDn8Z.jpg

BZy6kBW.png

W2XEtKa.png
Currently playing this along with other stuff : the look of the monsters is awesome.
NAWEM0C.jpg

E6Ba6lB.jpg

6ITPXrx.jpg

xr1Zd3A.jpg

Could you tell us the names of these instead of just calling them "this"?
This.

spekkio

Arcane
Third is some weaboo game I've never seen before.
Elminage Original.

Anyway: new page and no Resident Evil?

:decline:

Uncharted Evil fakken 6

Regular gameplay is bad, but Capcom thought that it's not enough. On rail secions are all the rage, after all... And what can be more AWESOME than running away from tank?

:yeah:

RzYSbip.jpg

ONOmCVs.jpg

3NUDGzx.jpg

p6YcBVl.jpg

ONOmCVs.jpg

Or a bike chase with a chopper hunting you?

:yeah:

uG1NXFy.jpg

53Ait7n.jpg

attachment.php

QUout6T.jpg

ONOmCVs.jpg

KjUdcJI.jpg

KF0GvC9.jpg

ONOmCVs.jpg

computer-rage.gif

Anyone involved in such "gameplay" should be fucking executed. Really. What the fuck? Who approved such shite? How could this go through testing? Repeating some stupid interactive FMV over and over is a "gameplay" now? There's a reason why "Dragon's Lair" didn't create a genre, while Dune 2 or Wolf3d did...
But what can be done to improve this game...
Well...

tumblr_inline_mjo3xzBd6p1qz4rgp.jpg

We have to go back!

bttflabor.JPG

AcmKEUo.jpg

:hmmm:

XiRov0T.jpg

roCKYHs.jpg

:bounce:

I just wanted to test RE1 - Director's Cut on Mednafen and had problems with giving up the game (MOAR!). In case of RE6 I'm struggling with the urge to uninstall this POS every second "submission".

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
I wonder what happened to balmorar - and I should be whipped in public for wondering this. It feels weird to visit this thread without having to scroll fast through the 900 inane screenshots in his posts. Maybe that was part of this thread's charm?

What have we done guys. It's all over.

Last seen Apr 3, 2015, reading over some of his posting history you can see he was banned from the screenshot thread, 80's music thread (lol) in GD, had his brofisting taken away, looks like he had some temp bans, and et cetera. Looks like the staff finally drove him off... see cyber-bullying is real folks :D. Although, in the staffs' defense he was excessively posting screenshots of crappy tablet stuff here and was asked time and time again to use spoiler tags after the first shot by staff and other posters alike (and this was before DU messed with the forums so spoilers didn't shrink crap).

DraQ

Arcane
I wonder what happened to balmorar - and I should be whipped in public for wondering this. It feels weird to visit this thread without having to scroll fast through the 900 inane screenshots in his posts. Maybe that was part of this thread's charm?

Last seen Apr 3, 2015, reading over some of his posting history you can see he was banned from the screenshot thread, 80's music thread (lol) in GD, had his brofisting taken away, looks like he had some temp bans, and et cetera. Looks like the staff finally drove him off... see cyber-bullying is real folks :D. Although, in the staffs' defense he was excessively posting screenshots of crappy tablet stuff here and was asked time and time again to use spoiler tags after the first shot by staff and other posters alike (and this was before DU messed with the forums so spoilers didn't shrink crap).
My Little Screenies: Cyber Bullying Is Magic.
:smug:

baturinsky

Arcane
Anyone involved in such "gameplay" should be fucking executed. Really. What the fuck? Who approved such shite? How could this go through testing? Repeating some stupid interactive FMV over and over is a "gameplay" now? There's a reason why "Dragon's Lair" didn't create a genre, while Dune 2 or Wolf3d did...
Well...
I'm no fan of RE6 mini-games either, but they are rather easy once you figure the system. Such as, not running on the same side of corridor where tank's cannon is pointing. Or using the boost when you chase Carla on car.

Last edited:

A horse of course

The problem was, as I think he pointed out, 60% of the thread was also out of spoilers so he didn't see it as a formal rule. RIP another victim of inconsistent moderation.

Divinity: Original Sin

The problem was, as I think he pointed out, 60% of the thread was also out of spoilers so he didn't see it as a formal rule. RIP another victim of inconsistent moderation.

Well, those weren't so bloomy...

DeepOcean

Arcane
His problem wasn't that he just didn't want to use spoilers or the content of his screens, it was because he added too much screenshots and didn't want to use spoilers, you had to scroll down on all his shit to finaly see some other posters screenshots. People complained with him and he was a douche and continued doing the bullshit, he asked to be banned, if that was what happened.

A horse of course

His problem wasn't that he just didn't want to use spoilers or the content of his screens, it was because he added too much screenshots and didn't want to use spoilers, you had to scroll down on all his shit to finaly see some other posters screenshots. People complained with him and he was a douche and continued doing the bullshit, he asked to be banned, if that was what happened.

I barely noticed Balmoron's screenshot spam because I was too busy scrolling past everyone else's crap.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I barely noticed Balmoron's screenshot spam because I was too busy scrolling past everyone else's crap.
Hey... I don't want a parade of bloomy Quake shots annoying me when I want to see Rk47 pervert Skyrim and animu shit.

Modron

Arcane

60% of the thread was people posting a couple images and 30% was people posting many in spoilers and 10% was balmorar posting 10+ shots of Teddy Floppy ear games every hour. Wouldn't say it was inconsistent moderation more along the lines of asking for it, plus like I said people were asking and asking him to spoiler shit surprised he didn't end up with an advertising plant avatar a long time before moderation kicked in.

A horse of course

60% of the thread was people posting a couple images and 30% was people posting many in spoilers and 10% was balmorar posting 10+ shots of Teddy Floppy ear games every hour.

Stop the liez. I just went through his poasting history and even some of the good posters in this thread were spamming 8-10 images per post outside of spoilers all around his poasts. Balmoron was the worst but not by a wide margin. I have perched over this thread for years and the "spoilers plz" thing repeatedly came up. The mods refused to enforce it and many posters ignored or were unaware of it. Balmoron was also here long enough to see the writing on the wall, and made the legitimate point that he was the only one being specifically targeted, so he threw a hissy and refused to spoiler anything unless everyone else did the same. I should also note that his worst screen spam was of Risen games, yet nobody cared until he started posting tablet shit, despite Risen being objectively worse than any ipad or android title.

As root pointed out, this is all a result of the codex being run by degenerates and staffed by imbeciles.

asking for it

shitlord

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Besides, DU/Tal still haven't fixed images in spoiler tags.
At this rate I'm sorely tempted to do so myself with a client-side script.

spekkio

Arcane
Well...
I'm no fan of RE6 mini-games either, but they are rather easy once you figure the system. Such as, not running on the same side of corridor where tank's cannon is pointing. Or using the boost when you chase Carla on car.
True, they aren't that hard.
What I don't like:
a) Many of them (serbian nemesis, tank) have the character moving (running) in the direction of the camera, which is irritating (you can't see the obstacles, until you bump into them and die).
b) Others (bike) have the character moving away from the camera, but covering the exact middle of the screen, hampering the view (which, as previously, leads to character's death).

Both things are fucking shit and bad design.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

EfYgaY3.png

Oh, Regina :desu:

The first part is the best. I think after playing all RE I'll replay it for some good time nostalgia trip. The sequel was more straightforward and the puzzles were almost unexisting. The third was a gigantic POS made for Xbox only. Capcom should make a remake of DC or a whole new next-gen game with kawaii redhead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom