Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ohh ok

Blonsky

Prophet
Supreme League of Patriots

Here they are its Kyle the Purple Patriot and his man-purse wearing english hipster sidekick Mel.
dW21dE4.jpg

Well Kyle is an idiot and Mel is a smartass.
vzd9Fh4.jpg

0OV434k.jpg

Kyle decides to go on America has Superpowers reality show. Also meet other contestants.
HAZMWfc.jpg

1SFAilY.jpg

bEAsXcj.jpg

They take on the noble fights of others and cheat their way to wining.
ZUJHAzI.jpg

It all ends up with Kyle getting hurt and a nurse helping him, but she is morew of a one trick pony.
J3UnJdD.jpg

A moment before an accident that turn Kyle into real Purple Patriot.
I9BNdYE.jpg

And compleatly changes his understanding of things.
KWPzPHx.jpg

Eo5xGBq.jpg

Oh-oh you shouldnt have said that to a nurse.
ckZWZcy.jpg

End of part one.
X4as1O5.jpg

Well the game has 2 more episodes and if it continues with Kyle being delusional Purple Patriot it could be Funny, but if it goes back to Kyle being a loser idiot i probably wont finish them.

I'm actually kind of curious about your party composition, at least in Third Reich. I leaned pretty heavily on Manbot \ Man-O-War \ Microwave \ Alchemiss \ Law & Order in the first game. At least 2 of those 5 you lose access to for a good portion of the sequel, I remember. There are so many new characters in the 2nd game and the out-of-party characters don't get any XP. I don't know who to settle on. I'm tempted to use Tombstone because dominating enemies seems really strong, but he seems pretty weak outside of that.

I played through the game I dunno how many times but it was a lot (bad time in my life, thankee-FF for the save).

You can pretty much play any combination of heroes and it'll work.

IMO, the most OP were Manbot and a late-game Alchemiss. They just blew shit right out. I've always loved the Ant, though, and Minuteman's twiggy sidekick is actually more effective than he lets on. The flimsier characters make for more interesting gameplay, at least that was my experience. Though dropping AOE doom on everything in sight as those former two ubermensches is also fun in its own way.

I liked Lad's solo missions, but his biggest issue seemed to be hitting fliers with only grenades or melee attacks, so he never became a regular on my team. Same goes for Ant. Plus a lot of the melee enemies you really didn't want to go toe-to-toe with. I could see him being viable once you git gud and rely on movement speed to physically dodge enemy attacks, but that's probably too much micromanagement for me.

Manbot is great, though. Thanks to his high survivability, a sure-fire tactic is to send him out first and let him engage all the enemies. Once all the enemies have targetted him, your back line is free to mow down all the Glanfathans. It's too bad you don't get access to him off the bat in FF2.

edit: Come to think of it, I really wish there was something like a BGTutu for Freedom Force 1. The engine improvements are pretty significant imo, but I like the 1st game a lot more.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
How could you go back to the Dragon Age universe after you slogged through all of Inquisition? Did Shira Oka really break you this badly?

Modron

Arcane
At least Bioware knew something about tasteful art direction not so long ago.
Hell Baldur's Gate 2 even had a rape joke in Spellhold, the cowled wizards were commenting on how the new prisoner Imoen was attractive and the other said he would like to practice enchantments on her. All in an un-skippable cutscene.

Furthermore, Baldur's gate had that whole Peter of the North guy.

Renegen

Arcane
playing Dungeons 2

Wm6rQQ5.jpg

The narrator is the same from Stanley's Parable and he has ton of dialog and he's hilarious.

fAQYTS4.jpg

RBofpmU.jpg

JquX2zz.jpg

SnT1Yav.jpg

v9v2oYy.jpg

dyPiuAq.jpg

After just a few hours, the game seems fun.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'm actually kind of curious about your party composition, at least in Third Reich. I leaned pretty heavily on Manbot \ Man-O-War \ Microwave \ Alchemiss \ Law & Order in the first game. At least 2 of those 5 you lose access to for a good portion of the sequel, I remember. There are so many new characters in the 2nd game and the out-of-party characters don't get any XP. I don't know who to settle on. I'm tempted to use Tombstone because dominating enemies seems really strong, but he seems pretty weak outside of that.

I played through the game I dunno how many times but it was a lot (bad time in my life, thankee-FF for the save).

You can pretty much play any combination of heroes and it'll work.

IMO, the most OP were Manbot and a late-game Alchemiss. They just blew shit right out. I've always loved the Ant, though, and Minuteman's twiggy sidekick is actually more effective than he lets on. The flimsier characters make for more interesting gameplay, at least that was my experience. Though dropping AOE doom on everything in sight as those former two ubermensches is also fun in its own way.

I liked Lad's solo missions, but his biggest issue seemed to be hitting fliers with only grenades or melee attacks, so he never became a regular on my team. Same goes for Ant. Plus a lot of the melee enemies you really didn't want to go toe-to-toe with. I could see him being viable once you git gud and rely on movement speed to physically dodge enemy attacks, but that's probably too much micromanagement for me.

Manbot is great, though. Thanks to his high survivability, a sure-fire tactic is to send him out first and let him engage all the enemies. Once all the enemies have targetted him, your back line is free to mow down all the Glanfathans. It's too bad you don't get access to him off the bat in FF2.

edit: Come to think of it, I really wish there was something like a BGTutu for Freedom Force 1. The engine improvements are pretty significant imo, but I like the 1st game a lot more.

Yeah they're not the greatest characters in terms of overall power, but they're still fun to play. Ant gets a lot of value out of throwing cars and shit since he can pick up damn near everything. He gets a lot of value out of maps littered with things to toss around. His acid bombs are also extremely effective against certain enemies and he does an amazing job of protecting other heroes by shoving enemies away. Lad needs micromanagement in melee, but he can make it work. A lot of the melee require that micro which is pretty good as it made battle really mobile (especially in the case of Bullet). IMO, in both games the worst character was pretty much Minuteman, since he was a straight-up bruiser with very few utility skills. He hurt when he hit stuff, but he got hurt pretty easily in return, he's extremely slow, and IIRC his resistances pretty much suck ass. In FF2 he can be placed on any squad, but it was a lot harder to do in the first game. The first game is much more difficult, IMO, and holy shit was the Minuteman totally worthless the further you got into the game, at least in my experience.

The only character I really can't remember is Man-o-War's sidekick. She was a little girl but I think I only used her in one playthrough.

A horse of course

Are you playing on a toaster? I could've sworn the not-ogres had better texture quality

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Amazons vs Dwarf.
Not a good match up, but sometimes you get lucky.

BB_Chaos%202015-04-27%2023-02-42-93.jpg

BB_Chaos%202015-04-27%2023-06-49-45.jpg

BB_Chaos%202015-04-27%2023-46-48-46.jpg

Ended the game with 1 dead and 3 injured dwarf.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Just finished this (great humor) :
EfOcYGU.png

ScKdaWL.png

JC1x8ku.png

fNkcd7r.png

SnzGnSt.png

WW2i577.png

cDF31ve.png
This one was good too :
SvHxV5s.png

HHk3XfQ.png

7cQoYZf.png

RquPUG2.jpg

f0Hrbwx.png

QB0nRi6.png

wNQDn8Z.jpg

BZy6kBW.png

W2XEtKa.png
Currently playing this along with other stuff : the look of the monsters is awesome.
NAWEM0C.jpg

E6Ba6lB.jpg

6ITPXrx.jpg

xr1Zd3A.jpg

A horse of course

Poasting more Resident Evil screens at Unkillable Cunt's request:
YqQo8t5.jpg

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X via Dolphin/Gnomecube with default settings except for Auto (multi) res, AA and the widescreen hack (which causes some minor visual bugs). You'll notice I only have screens from roughly the second half of the game or latter 2/3rd as I only started using the widescreen hack at that point. There's quite a bit of reuse of environments so it's not a huge issue, though some of the best areas are from the first half (Claire), such as the Dollhouse retreat. Sorry.

The game throws health and ammo at you practically every second room, which is somewhat necessary because there are a lot of chokepoints where it's impossible to run past enemies, but you will virtually NEVER feel like you're down on supplies except when facing a couple of bosses. In some ways REZero was a bit closer to the originals in that sense, with CV leaning towards the more action-heavy titles that characterize the series today. Someone may correct me, but I believe CV is meant to be the "real" Resident Evil 3, whilst Nemesis was a spinoff that Sony insisted Capcom slap the "3" onto since it was the last RE on PS1. It went on far too long and there were a lot of boring industrial/military areas. Still, it was loaded with cute little puzzles and some nice optional side-content, which ZERO lacked. Latter games really forget about side-content except as mini-games or Mercenaries/Co-Op stuff.

Claire has a pretty nice ass in this, despite technical limitations meaning that it's more...spherically-pointy than rounded.

RK47 was kinda PMS'ing in this game. There's a hilarious scene early in the game involving Steve, Claire and a zombie. People who've played it know the one I'm talking about :lol:

Also a lot of transphobic slurs present, would not recommend to Roguey

HtDLUiv.png
nfC2Pxf.png
ryd3Ehy.png
eDbOuJG.png
VgHv0Nq.png
nPbwZWT.png
qHsBkvr.png
UhZ1RZa.png
dkSnb24.png
R2RHkVx.png
insG1nC.png
6shSNqb.png
ZqKaAr5.png
22IIzbR.png
ILIgX63.png

SvzNJe7.png
6fH04Le.png
eRBy5pd.png
klraJlf.png
n8RI5g6.png
Tu4ZgoX.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom