Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Modron

Arcane

potatojohn

Arcane
RBZdxuY.jpg

Go for the balls, Boo!

baturinsky

Arcane
I remember Aummon Animal being very OP in BG1, so Sarvok was trampled by a single cast, that spawned a lot of wolves.

Essegi

Cipher
Some quick shots of updated Dungeons of Aledorn demo... There's some UI improvements and a Cave Battle on hard mode... Just tried once and game saved me by crashing before getting my ass kicked hard...

Approaching first enemies...

Second group...

Lol, remains of skeletons of previous battle are at 10 o' clock...

Oh, i didn't realize only the sneaky guy stood still... Nice!

Lol, game froze here (still escaping to desktop worked), not that i had a chance...

Grab it here.
Play it and fund it, it would be a shame if this fails (and it's likely to happen since campaign is on stalemate).
At least divert Seven Dragon Saga funds here!

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
nB3mPN.jpg

The last party member finally joins the Blood Ravens. Now they can finally do some sanctioned purging thanks to the =I= license.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Summoner 2 to the end.
ibhDGEhc5JMmy0.jpg

i460OhSFGlfXT.jpg

iCo4B50Ncec6s.jpg

(not-so)Final battle was a joke. There were few control poins and flags but all you do is to send troops on enemy gate, kick the ass of the incoming reinforcements (3 humble waves) and call it a day.

ilTUmJaH67lTh.jpg

With all moves unlocked fights become somewhat interesing rather than snorefest.
ibbLguhyHe2Vr3.jpg

Nice touch - Yago, the old Joseph companion - wearing his peasant clothes.

Actual final battle. No damage to him, my ass was stomped.
icR2Bjpgo8nW4.jpg

WITH THE COMBINED POWERS I BECAME THE MECHAMAIA!
ibdzidLWZ0y96t.jpg

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....................
iAdw4QKaVafg8.jpg

Other companion of Joseph, Yargo's daughter. Not her final form.
ibeTPVqGw7GGDr.jpg

But now!
ibtQqx8b0snRW6.jpg

This bossfight was total popamole before next console generation adopted that art of fight. Cover behind, dodge out and shot. On pad in FPP mode. Yuck.
ifIGP6IEFKg8I.jpg

iT2Tz1ZOFgGRX.jpg

I guess that's some reference to other game or something that I forgot now.
ibwV2IYNGI0g0M.jpg

ibuQd2u35Ichsu.jpg

:prosper:
i6T9HoAQWXdje.jpg

:prosper::prosper::prosper:

Closer to the end - the amount of bullshit intensify. Mechalarvas? Oh and that icon in the middle is to handjob the pad stick. QTE elements before they spread in modern games.
ibzhnAAOAl811z.jpg

imxUbPUnDNmxs.jpg
ibpjDgYSL010Ev.jpg

Pre-credits ending
iRt4DBwoWvWLe.jpg

ibdWcW0ubG5PCT.jpg

TOTALY NOT PST.

ixXae9YVOtxjF.jpg

TOTALY NOT M&M

she's also glad this shit is over.
i8cbpS8IjvCGj.jpg

iWGEfL1MyUYg7.jpg
iwcOjyltJA9AT.jpg
iqZopqnh6rp8Y.jpg
icJbcw62dk3U6.jpg

After credits ending.
i7BWNw4mjcCkC.jpg

i2sejgvoxZAuT.jpg

iVLsoCGm2S04d.jpg

ib1WzDQdUwXeCw.jpg

ilvLK7CYb8gJ8.jpg
i8ty9PdeJ36Pm.jpg

iqlQAFHfyd73J.jpg
iDFi0st85UZyo.jpg

iLcueGeg2pce7.jpg
ibnZbpUGcJRN0Q.jpg

No shit, you get possesed and doubled the time required for playthrough of Summoner1 with your ruse. Thanks sucker.

ibbb9rACkUZuws.jpg

ihvwEqR4cRlYe.jpg

Sorry geezer, some german opressor took ur IP and there will be no sequel. Not to mention all that SJW garbage.

iYZhzHQJlF2AV.jpg

iby9bQvVi0TrxZ.jpg

iSXrBGzy8ruLM.jpg

iTbBdHMZNfyxf.jpg

iNL5c5ZP3YeCG.jpg
iQecMA9Z9zupV.jpg

That's all folks.

DraQ

Arcane
Summoner 2 to the end.
i460OhSFGlfXT.jpg

iCo4B50Ncec6s.jpg

(not-so)Final battle was a joke. There were few control poins and flags but all you do is to send troops on enemy gate, kick the ass of the incoming reinforcements (3 humble waves) and call it a day.

ilTUmJaH67lTh.jpg

With all moves unlocked fights become somewhat interesing rather than snorefest.
ibbLguhyHe2Vr3.jpg

Nice touch - Yago, the old Joseph companion - wearing his peasant clothes.

Actual final battle. No damage to him, my ass was stomped.
icR2Bjpgo8nW4.jpg

WITH THE COMBINED POWERS I BECAME THE MECHAMAIA!
ibdzidLWZ0y96t.jpg

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....................
iAdw4QKaVafg8.jpg

Other companion of Joseph, Yargo's daughter. Not her final form.
ibeTPVqGw7GGDr.jpg

But now!
ibtQqx8b0snRW6.jpg

This bossfight was total popamole before next console generation adopted that art of fight. Cover behind, dodge out and shot. On pad in FPP mode. Yuck.
ifIGP6IEFKg8I.jpg

iT2Tz1ZOFgGRX.jpg

I guess that's some reference to other game or something that I forgot now.
ibwV2IYNGI0g0M.jpg

ibuQd2u35Ichsu.jpg

:prosper:
i6T9HoAQWXdje.jpg

:prosper::prosper::prosper:

Closer to the end - the amount of bullshit intensify. Mechalarvas? Oh and that icon in the middle is to handjob the pad stick. QTE elements before they spread in modern games.
ibzhnAAOAl811z.jpg

imxUbPUnDNmxs.jpg
The two absolutely crucial components of good, long lasting 3D graphics (other than less tangible things like art design) are crisp textures and good use of lighting.
This game shows why.
By counterexample.

zwanzig_zwoelf

It was a good game in spite of thoroughly raping the first Summoner.
Aye, it was way different, like DA:O and DA2/Mass Effect (yet Summoner series are way superior to whatever shit Bioware produced since mid 2000-s).
Pity that Summoner 3 was cancelled, but I can't put my finger on how awful it could be.

Also, Summoner 2 soundtrack sucks in comparison to original Summoner. Even the worst tracks of original Summoner are better than every track in the second game, apart from the Halassar Palace Theme. When Summoner was mostly filled with memorable music (minus the crap produced by Wally Shaw), Summoner 2 is filled with boring loops left and right. I could appreciate nicely crafted ambient music, but Wally Shaw proved to be one a shitty composer again.

A user named cat

Finally beat Thief 2. Great game overall despite the engine quirks and clipping issues. That final sabotage level was hellish in parts, those rooms of mecha doom were designed for torture and reloading. Glad it's over, I never want to hear Karras and his robot children again.

HrUvMiI.jpg

cdIUEzI.jpg

G31Rntp.jpg

324vnDg.jpg

JPtfwfr.jpg

tZr1mq8.jpg

aWVCmAb.jpg

brATIaS.jpg

hD5FFL5.jpg

WxkiD6p.jpg

A5PxAZu.jpg

A user named cat

So which game has better fan missions? Thief 1 or 2? Honestly I don't think I've ever even played the first game, can't remember but I only own the second. I did see there's that Shadows of the Metal Age expansion for T2 but not sure if it's worth playing. I know SCO has a sticky here for other fan mods but it's a lot to dig through.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
If you haven't played original Thief, do so. Mission wise, it's superior to Thief 2, though the Metal Age had some outstanding classics. What I mean actually, there are consistent wave of great missions in the first game, while they are more sporadic in second part. More mediocrity there.

As for FMs, most are for Thief 2, though, there are some good ones for The Dark Project/Gold.

T2X was quite enjoyable to me!

A user named cat

There is no horror elements in thief 2 right?
Not really, just the haunted library from that Casing the Joint level. Also you encounter a couple weak catacomb skeletons that are easily dispatched. Other than that, the closest thing to horror was having to listen to Karras and his annoying robots. Anyway just installed Thief Gold, TFix and Sound Enhancement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom