Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bBPh4X.jpg

Riskbreaker

UT, Operation Na Pali
354A4F6648582F6C3D854882E459302F6F0E1E4A

B8F83256AE636BE05D10C5C75B0EAE4BED8BC1D2

3B4317AD6B0B9A760F6AF757E029F83A5802E396

C127B5207CD489A71A2658FBA747996CC21DC38E

3B073A78B5121E6A2FCC18716471855AB4BEAEC1

B3D4E8B92857BB6C72A3627D07D11A9C64755990

F5386E0070CD69056081AA15A3D2972839ABC904

D344C070B4C17CF102E7225C04D06D1A3BD8C7BD

BAB2081EC4E2C793C01958245302C929B9102160

0780DA4EFA2C13355660374FD5742A402BB1DDC0

1DC7479EEC7F178DFF82D7D5621F01CF2D4D441E

AEA00A582BC05837AE0E1314D82D60087684636B

90622083107B994681A5E11825ADEB3049063CCE

7CCA9307A5767766495C3087D8A0903C2D371718

5D978AC0F7880A51B67FC41D180658A3513D2F1A

6CE23B75FA892CF98EEB0AFB35142109DABB42C2

7EDEEFE75C5371A96002671FAB2F8977143CCAC4

35206AD39077E3AFABF0064518A6F296514A2AB7

Some cringeworthy writing, main character appears to be Duke Nukem's mentally handicapped little brother, few of the later maps are quite underwhelming compared to the rest. Other than that, this was -beyond impressive- with the amount of stuff authors packed into it and quality of overall production, 'specially since this campaign predates that Singleplayer Unreal Sequel That Shall Only Be Referred To In A Most Oblique Manner Possible.

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil 5 - Gold

BROS, is it me, or there's some weird "cel-shading" utilized now? I was using DX10 version previously (now removed) and AFAIR models' edges didn't have these weird black "shadows" or whatever. Or maybe it's just my diminishing PER... I'm using the same AA settings as before (2x).

ESDfsfy.jpg

ePbkWAd.jpg

FI0bfSz.jpg

gu9f8Or.jpg

EZ2iAY6.jpg

Oh, wilsonso's trainer doesn't work, so the game is currently unplayable to me due to shitty default FOV.

:decline:

DraQ

Arcane
Fun trivium:
This particular map was used (with very minor alterations) in two monocled SP campaigns for UT: ONP and Xidia.

Some cringeworthy writing, main character appears to be Duke Nukem's mentally handicapped little brother, few of the later maps are quite underwhelming compared to the rest.
Yes. The VOs in particular are so awful that there is a sound replacer in circulation that mutes the moron protagonist.
Also, you forgot intrusive cutscenes for no reason.

Other than that, this was -beyond impressive- with the amount of stuff authors packed into it and quality of overall production, 'specially since this campaign predates that Singleplayer Unreal Sequel That Shall Only Be Referred To In A Most Oblique Manner Possible.
:salute: Yup. And I think the screens speak for themselves.

BTW: Have you played through the credits?

Some other must-play quality fan-made campaigns:
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/shrakith'a.html <- Old pack, but one of the very best if not THE very best out there, intensely atmospheric and cohesive experience, sadly fairly short.
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/dejavu2.html <- more like vanilla Unreal, albeit it doesn't have as strong overarching identity.
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/nalichroniclesfull.html <- sort of an RPG-lite prequel to Unreal, you play as Nali mage, varying map quality (starts out weak) and ugly weapon models, some lulzily broken spells and a hastily patched hole in the middle of the campaign, but really good overall.

Xidia series:
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/xidiagold.html <- 2 campaigns somewhat more story centric and human-centric, less Unreal-like in terms of the atmosphere, top-notch quality
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/redux.html <- sequel to Xidia, you revisit NaPali Haven from Unreal
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/7bullets.html <- sequel to above, revisit more Unreal locations, discover that humans can make Skaarj look nice in comparison.

Short forms:
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/hexephet.html <- a very high quality map, but with little to be said about it specifically
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/skaarjtower.html <- worth it for the sheer sense of scale, best suited for coop
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/community/reviews/tlf.html <- fairly monumental, if sometimes monotonous single-map piece

Moar stuff (some very gud but not necessarily absolute must plays) to be found here:
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Po_Escr2.jpg

Just killed that royal bastard Raedric, Sensuki was really spot on about before-battle positioning being the deciding factor in battles. You're mostly gonna do the same stuff during the actual fight regardless of the opposition or what happens during it (you don't really react/adapt to enemy moves/spells like in BG series, so far from what I've seen atleast), it's the positioning that wins (or loses) you the battle.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bHp4Zdl.jpg

HUbck0C.jpg

lzwZBCr.jpg

5STL4I5.jpg

V9EbAXu.jpg

SW6WzYh.jpg

KZq6i7t.jpg

CnFmIDE.jpg

Hopefully not a programmer for this kind of game.

kHi7BKs.jpg

DKefjYp.jpg

As usual codexers show that they can't be taken seriously with their opinions. Primal Hunt is a great expansion pack for a game which was good already. The level design is breath taking, something straight from John Romero's desk during the Daikatana development. The plot thickens through the several missions, bringing us to a grande finale...

That's enough! All I can say is that I've had it with this motherfucking aliens respawnins from the motherfucking thin air ! Everybody strap in, I'm putting infinite ammo cheat !

This is the game that I finished two times - first and the last one.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blood. :love: Still so good. The plot could not be more teenage edgelord, but those levels! You don't have interactivity, destructible terrain, and sheer crazy variety like this today.

It even looks completely fine. The Build engine has aged very well. It has a distinct, angular early 3d look, and beautiful gradients of darkness.

And you can ride around on a train, then crash the train into a wall and visit a carnival ground populated by cultists, then move onto a cathedral which is full of SATAN. :lol: Crazy stuff.

Blood002_zps71enpv74.jpg

Blood003_zpshplxvauu.jpg

Blood004_zpsf4jny7rd.jpg

Blood005_zpsbbugp2w9.jpg

Blood006_zpsixwdmizu.jpg

Blood008_zpspopropkj.jpg

Blood001_zpshfopvdwi.jpg

(Note fuckton of shell casings laid out in a neat circle-strafing created pattern)

Essegi

Cipher
zjSH90m.jpg

V5J92xk.jpg

VNDM9ug.jpg

JVHQOmM.jpg

lXkxfdW.jpg

MM37hOp.jpg

Pcn3nYy.jpg
Brutal and sometimes trolling! Probably ì've figured it out but luck is involved (or i haven't undesrstood all)... Btw a really fun speedrun. Also, i love the audio.

Arx
JOlU1ef.jpg

HmyJ53b.jpg

Vy7lm9F.jpg

avPl92h.jpg

2CbWRUK.jpg

NYQy0Ma.jpg

4EjLval.jpg

KauD1Gs.jpg

jRR7F4i.jpg

nSsG58n.jpg

7K94Zcg.jpg

fJXaPxh.jpg

enaSIFu.jpg

Yg7h7iD.jpg

jO5WRO0.jpg

b8LlZ47.jpg

Well, Lich was a tough guy so i incinerated, harmed and fought...
Demon seemed even worse but i got it in a lame way: i stepped on something, i was higher than it that couldn't hit me...

Last edited:

A user named cat

Haven't played Arx in ages but I do remember that lich and having to reload a thousand times before finally taking him out. I can't recall what was so difficult about him though exactly; doesn't he spam some drain spell or something?

Those damn liches, they're always such a pain in every game. I remember one in Baldur's Gate II as well being a complete headache.

Essegi

Cipher
Haven't played Arx in ages but I do remember that lich and having to reload a thousand times before finally taking him out. I can't recall what was so difficult about him though exactly; doesn't he spam some drain spell or something?

Those damn liches, they're always such a pain in every game. I remember one in Baldur's Gate II as well being a complete headache.
I had to reload many times too, i always tried harm, fire field and charge... Then i checked spells (i got a bunch of runes on last play and i wasn't used to), confusion seemed to work but i got reaped again... Then i tried incinerate, harm and hit with weapon, maybe a retreat with heal, after a couple of tries it was down. It has some damage spells, poison cloud, paralysis, summons some ally... And a fair amount of (un)health and its hits damages. Quite nasty. Incinerate seems powerful (well 9th level spell... I can't still caste mass version). I didn't try anti magic field that could be an option (but i'm playing as mage so...), nor defensive spells (because i'm retarded and i realize always too late).

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
rndk%202.png~original

rndk%204.png~original

:baka:

BAKA WELKIN! Purchase Irenaeus' PUA book for 100 USD and improve your game to acquire waifu!

rndk%203.png~original

Animu Ersatz Russkies falling to their deaths, I give this 4/5 Vaarna's and the Skyway seal of approval.

rndk%205.png~original

Get off Gallian Clay worst imperial! And take your hacking big-titted glowing-hair witch with you.

BTW Batomys is some Philippine genus of rodent, so basically this is a Maus/Ratte reference.

rndk%207.png~original

I tried landing with this on the Mun. Spoiler, the TWR sucked too much (near future propulsion mod actually nerfs the stock ion engine by about 1 kN of max thrust) and it crashed, but the Kerbal bailed and somehow survived (a rating of 4/5 jebs). The rescue ship using a gyro hall thruster also crashed. The third one said fuck electric landing and take off and just used a rocket engine for all but the return to Kerbin.

rndk%201.png~original

Speaking of electric propulsion, solar powered plane on Eve. Because there's no point in doing Eve survey contracts in any other way. Although travelling 600+ km/h in such thick atmo creates a ton of drag, which is countered by propeller thrust scaling proportionally to atmo density (there should be a cap on this).

rndk%206.png~original

Near Future Propulsion plus Near Future Electrics allows you to build MAJESTIC spaceships propelled with plasma thrusters, which are powered by good old nuclear reactors (the red panels are radiators necessary to cool the damn thing). Honestly, these reactors are implemented quite well, they not only have radiators but the nuke fuel runs out after a few years, generating waste some of which can be reprocessed. Also it adds curved static solar panels and other useful variants. One of the better mods around most of which (besides the capacitors), should be added to stock.

The near future engines themselves would be a welcome addition, if more planets get added (and higher time warp).

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And you can ride around on a train, then crash the train into a wall and visit a carnival ground populated by cultists, then move onto a cathedral which is full of SATAN. :lol: Crazy stuff.

There is also a secret level if you pay attention to the pattern of key collecting.
On what difficulty level do you play ?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Big mean orc barrel rolled through my battle line. Unfortunately for him, all his little orc buddies met their demise at the tips of my billhooks. So this happened:

4XmFZGP.jpg

stKBNmK.jpg

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
I'd almost forgotten about this. Anyone else find this exchange hilarious? Love the outrage in his voice before he loses it. This game has the best guards ever.

Always hated fogging there, I disable it, and the mission looks much prettier to me. In the next mission, Precious Cargo, it works much better, especially if you climb the well and catch the first glimpse of the lighthouse.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Big mean orc barrel rolled through my battle line. Unfortunately for him, all his little orc buddies met their demise at the tips of my billhooks. So this happened:

4XmFZGP.jpg

stKBNmK.jpg

What's the name of this game? I've seen screenshots before but forgot the name and it looks awesome and not remembering the name is driving me crazy.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Will this strategy work?

therightobeararms.jpg

Seems okay so far...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom