Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
A 100% of people clicks spoiler buttons because human curiosity.
On the subsequent visits as well?

What's been seen cannot be unseen.

So, that's the magic of spoiler tags... when revisiting the thread, you don't have to scroll down the same pics all over again...
What has been seen doesn't need to be scrolled over.

Divinity: Original Sin
Hey, I'm in favor of spoiler tags. In fact, I already follow your sugested rules of 1 screenshot per game, the rest in spoiler tags.

I was refering about balmorar saying this:

LOL. And the reason nobody likes to use spoilers is because nobody likes to open them, it's time wasting shit.

EVERYBODY opens them.

See?

A user named cat

Thief 2 with latest TefferPatcher, Sound FX Enhancement mod and OpenAL EAX with Logitech Matrix 5.1 surround sound, oh my. Another game I'm finally getting around to completing. STFU

F06ZkND.jpg

1FiCCiz.jpg

aQFAovj.jpg

v2ruO90.jpg

xxhEK4B.jpg

ekxq3nX.jpg

OLUsoOg.jpg

yyXT2FJ.jpg

5CJrcuA.jpg

l9TbjQt.jpg

Cu3O0aR.jpg

depxkD9.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I also started Arx playthrough. With Arx Extended that add more stuff to find, buy and craft. Which totally ruin the economy and balance but at the 3rd playthrough - it doesn't matter that much.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey guys, remember when we hated Oblivion's interface for being an obvious shitty console port? Well, that was NOTHING next to Fable Anniversary:

ohtQTo9.jpg

Yes, the whole fucking game uses like 5 hotkeys, yet Peter Molyneaux thought that Insert, Delete, Home and End were the best keys to navigate the fucking inventory. And that A should confirm while B goes back, OBVIOUSLY.

Also, quick Original vs. Remake comparison:

qrUyCEn.jpg

Original Game in 1080p.

g2tV2ac.jpg

Anniversary Edition in 1080p.

That shit has more pointless post-processing than a badly modded Skyrim.

A user named cat

Thief 2 with latest TefferPatcher, Sound FX Enhancement mod and OpenAL EAX with Logitech Matrix 5.1 surround sound, oh my. Another game I'm finally getting around to completing. STFU

1FiCCiz.jpg

aQFAovj.jpg

v2ruO90.jpg

xxhEK4B.jpg

ekxq3nX.jpg

OLUsoOg.jpg

yyXT2FJ.jpg

5CJrcuA.jpg

l9TbjQt.jpg

Cu3O0aR.jpg

depxkD9.jpg

What are you doing?! Play on Expert!
I didn't even notice to be honest, just left it on normal. I'm up to Eavesdropping (lvl 5) and haven't purposely killed a single guard yet, barely ever take damage either. Guess I'll try expert then.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Unless I'm mistaken Expert mode doesn't actually make the game more difficult; the additional objectives and punishments stop at Hard, Expert mode just forces you to collect more general loot. Unless there are FMs that add more stuff on Expert, I prefer to play on Hard - you can always collect all the loot if you want, but being kept from finishing a mission because you haven't an extra 5 gold pieces is just aggravating.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Precisely. Expert mode does make the guards a wee bit more sensitive, but all it often does is add some mandatory side objectives, like "Steal this vase from this noble too!" or "Solve this puzzle to get the awesome scepter!" and raise the loot count. You won't lose much by playing it on Normal or Hard, but an ironman Expert run is still worth it, with a save at the start of every level of course just to experience all the content in the games.

Oh right this is the screenshot thread, isn't it? Well:

z2o1fZb.jpg

adm37pp.jpg

Best action hero ever! For bonus points, he ordered a glass of milk from a bar too! :D

Gentle Player

Arcane
Unless I'm mistaken Expert mode doesn't actually make the game more difficult; the additional objectives and punishments stop at Hard, Expert mode just forces you to collect more general loot. Unless there are FMs that add more stuff on Expert, I prefer to play on Hard - you can always collect all the loot if you want, but being kept from finishing a mission because you haven't an extra 5 gold pieces is just aggravating.

Nope, Expert adds objectives and also the condition of not killing any guards (in Hard it's only servants one can't kill). I've never been one for playing every game on the hardest difficulty, but in the case of Thief one actually misses out on content by not playing Expert - there's one level in the first game where entire sections are inaccessible unless playing on Expert! So I'd recommend anyone playing Thief, even - or especially! - on a first playthrough, to pick Expert.

Essegi

Cipher
I also started Arx playthrough. With Arx Extended that add more stuff to find, buy and craft. Which totally ruin the economy and balance but at the 3rd playthrough - it doesn't matter that much.
Nice. I'm going with just Libertatis cause i haven't finshed it at that time for a bug so i want the standard game (with Libertatis i feel it smoother).

Some other screens:

Fire field rocks.

Oh, and screw Carlo. I've spoken to him after visiting the King and he didn't present himself and he was just called "man" by the game... After half of an hour of research i decided to reload and see... And then he presented himself and was actually called Carlo by the game. Fuck that script.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are you using some twisted FOV in that Arx game? Some of the screenshots look like they're halfway to fishbowl-land.

A user named cat

Started playing on expert, level 5 (Eavesdropping) was still pretty easy. AI is a bit faster to react now especially when they're alerted but also cheaper. They'll spot you in the shadows one time, then the next time they won't. On the flipside, you can walk or even run loudly right behind them before blackjacking without being detected. If only they'd just turn around. I still can't imagine anyone ironmanning some of these areas without memorizing everything, these are long levels full of interesting tidbits to read and explore. I try not to save scum but do end up reloading quite a few times. Also fuck ladders.

bky8OEL.jpg

0wyaZ3W.jpg

6kccviR.jpg

Z6osBQ8.jpg

SZ2wCgJ.jpg

qSdmItO.jpg

221MFJ1.jpg

Essegi

Cipher
Are you using some twisted FOV in that Arx game? Some of the screenshots look like they're halfway to fishbowl-land.
Yeah, i noticed it was "a bit" on the wide side. I just left it at default or maybe i touched fov settings without noticing, i'm ok with that, maybe this evening i'll check.

Last edited:

Kaivokz

Arcane
kyHrxVV.jpg

And so Icara and Zandalor meet a fitting - and satisfying - end at the hands of the source hunters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom