Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Oblitus

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
# You must then go and push buttons in three sub-dungeons to be able to jettison one of them, except the jettison mechanism conveniently malfunctions when it's needed, which means you have to wander around in a maze of relay stations to find the proper one and replace it.
You are given
the fucking map with the repair log, along with trace to damaged relay
, FFS!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ur party members are kosher now?

Gothic3 + patch 1.74 (final) + Quest Pack 4 + Content Mod + Consequence mod 2.6.2
I don't get it, game work WAY better (loading times are amusing, for example) but controls are less responsive. Less responsive than old (pre 1.74 megapatch) pile of unoptimized shit that worked below 20FPS.
Chosing different AI is difference between AIDS and Cholera. You either mow down dumb mooks or everyone rush at you and act quickly while your controls are less responsive.
Bows on animals, two handed blades on orks, sword+shield on humans, dual wielding blessed swords on undeads. Crossbows sux.
I was really pissed when I discovered that shield doesn't block wolf anymore. And they're STILL killing machines in this game :argh:
ibrZjh8x1z5ocj.jpg

iEnrQTAFG6dkA.jpg

ie1wWN8CxF5lc.jpg

ibpEK1tlOWFgaA.jpg

Don't ask me what happened to him.
iLo85JNK8qwg3.jpg

One of the alternative heads for our character. Sometimes you see his eyebrows too low, looks like Bernie from Sesame Street of something.
ig5nGvQd5APEw.jpg

It somewhat boggle my mind that Diablo1 and Diablo2 and D2: LoD work on modern systems yet this mod doesn't.
So far I'm not that impressed. I check other classes later.
ibvgffQ0YgtWVy.png

ibpjB0i4ftezjD.png

DraQ

Arcane
Is there any D2 mod that makes it more like D1 in that:
  • It stores complete state in between sessions (so no farming as there are no respawns).
  • It increases individual monster threat level and gives them effective counters to sprinting, so that you can't just run around plowing through groups of trash mobs (note - I don't refer to HP bloat)
  • It prevents high-level game from looking like wapanese bullet hell shmup
  • Works well in ironman
?

Gothic3 + patch 1.74 (final) + Quest Pack 4 + Content Mod + Consequence mod 2.6.2
I don't get it, game work WAY better (loading times are amusing, for example) but controls are less responsive. Less responsive than old (pre 1.74 megapatch) pile of unoptimized shit that worked below 20FPS.
Chosing different AI is difference between AIDS and Cholera. You either mow down dumb mooks or everyone rush at you and act quickly while your controls are less responsive.
Bows on animals, two handed blades on orks, sword+shield on humans, dual wielding blessed swords on undeads. Crossbows sux.
I was really pissed when I discovered that shield doesn't block wolf anymore. And they're STILL killing machines in this game :argh:

Did you come up with that mod combo yourself, or did you follow a guide? Wouldn't surprise me if you have to do it in a specific order to avoid overwriting the wrong stuff.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
All I know about G3 modding is that the Quest Pack comes after the Community Patch. I don't even know what the other two mods do.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It comes that way:
Community Patch is to gather all that shit together to the working state.
Quest Pack add new quests.
Content mod add new items (mostly armors) and redesign old one + give different faces and heads to important NPCs.
Consequence mod given varied names to NPCs (for example, same model of mercenaries may be named as Rumbling Mercenary, Annoying Mercenary, Treaterous Mercenary etc.) and NPCs give additional lines when you made something significant, like cleaning out the hostile ork around Myrthana's capitol - Vengard. Which is funny, you may share the wine cup with Khan and Beliar itself - they're still hostile and kicking their ass (free money and XP) put you into "suspicious persona" list of Orks Nation. C&C my ass...

So my guess is - my crappy GPU (power save, don't need to hear loud fan) can't handle all that beauty of G3 and despite working on higher frames per second cap - it give nasty surprises like clunky response.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Personally I'd drop the Content and Consequences mods completely and see what happens, they don't seem to add anything worthwhile.

Just a suggestion.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Nah, I'm 75% in the G3, just do rest of additional quests from QP and go neutral path (where you don't need to clean the cities/rebel bases), then drop it and forget forever.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Byxfvy7.jpg

Ramming giant alien worms with my tank.
zaNnhZB.jpg

Mowing down aliens with tank mounted machine gun.
p2vLoDn.jpg

Mowing down alien nests with cannon fire.

:love: tanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom