Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

kf8Mzrs.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Overlord -Raising Hell

Raising hell is an expansion to the game in which every time you defeat a boss of an area it opens a portal to the Abyss that look like a hellish version of the original area with new quests.

wysRkaR.jpg

They are pleased with us.
Li33OD1.jpg

So Hell is full of Bloom. Not surprising.
Can you turn it off, or do you need sunglasses when playing?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Got the game for me and my coop bro yesterday and today we just did this dungeon. Teleported the Source Abomination to a hut with mines - crabs can't operate door knobs, we only opened them to put more poison and fire. Fucker was tough.

This game is glorious and silly at the same time. Zombie named Rob, Pontius Pirate...

Love the detail - like all those animals you can talk to, each species having unique character.

Deleted member 7219

Almost makes me want to play that game again. I thought it was ok, some bad parts, some good parts.

Blonsky

Prophet
So Hell is full of Bloom. Not surprising.
Can you turn it off, or do you need sunglasses when playing?

These are all the display options the game has, lowering brightness just makes the darker parts more darker and dosen't effect the staring into the sun bright areas much. So eyes need to be properly shielded at all times.
OG6P5vj.jpg

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Simon the Sorcerer II. Originally, I planned to open a thread about this one, but playing the game was such a chore I can't even be arsed to do it properly. Simon the Sorcerer is a good, although not top tier adventure game; Simon II is just :decline:. The humour, which was fresh in the original, becomes forced, and most of it (like when the series starts referencing itself, or when it is as lazy as a honking clown nose) is plainly unfunny. The anachronisms, used well in Simon I, are ratcheted up until they just come across as embarrasing (compare the swampling encounter in the first game with the swampling encounter here). Supposedly funny dialogues and scenes are stretched out way beyond their limits. The unique graphics of the first game are diluted, moving towards a generic cartoonish mishmash (interesting parallels with Monkey Island I and II, which went through a similar evolution). The entire first half of the game feels padded. It kinda picks up towards the end, but then it ends with the dramatic equivalent of falling flat on its face. The ambient music is too loud to hear the dialogue well, and there are noticeable synchronisation problems.

All in all, major disappointment, since I really liked the first game. This one is not good comedy, and it is not a good game. I grew bored and annoyed fairly quickly, and afterwards, it was a slog to wait until it ended.

simon23_zps1e32ee4a.jpg

simon24_zpsa76a4c83.jpg

simon25_zps4bf99237.jpg

simon22_zpsca31608d.jpg
And a few actually good screens, showing the mistake lie in the art direction, not the artists' ability:
simon26_zpsb765d2f5.png

simon27_zps7903c941.png

simon28_zps839ba488.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom