Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Tehdagah

Arcane
Dfccsy.jpg

Is this still Hillys or downtown TRON

tVF1df.jpg

muh forcefields and lunar bases

AOPCRj.jpg

It's almost possible to make a star of david out of these. Reminded me heavily of Wrongfully Accused's laser security system

8Aywzj.jpg

*glares*

QCTyJL.jpg

Pey'j is the coolest :desu:

mLs5yn.jpg

NSMqhu.jpg

wdhBdp.jpg

#ethics in journalism

b9BwGY.jpg

:mhd:

fK0Dh8.jpg

this is some mofo shit

R7Gl3V.jpg

like a non-retarded version of Blackwell Epiphany's ending

5x9J9h.jpg

:desu:

8QywtW.jpg

UH-OH

I really miss the times when Ubisoft was cool. They made some really great games back then.
BG&E is boring as hell.

I don't miss those times... Except for Prince of Persia.

I don't know if you're into emulations but you can try Serious Sam: Next Encounter for PS2/GC iirc.
Looks like Serious Sam 2 but play like Serious Sam 1.

Yeah I remember seeing that... Maybe one day I'll get around to it. For now I'm doing SS2 and that's it for revisiting this stuff...

Inf0mercial

Augur
This game has really boiled down too a pseudo tbs except kinda worse as no penalty for losing all essence and units i just camp in zone exit and fuck off back to town summon another army and go back i love the thought of being a gigantic prick like that but makes the game very strange and non challenging aside from rushing focusing down one unit at a time on higher difficulty areas i don't think my level is high enough for but wave upon wave of thahds will bring down near anything with enough patience.

Not to say i am not enjoying it but may skip to two see if mechanics engage me more. i think trying to finish this too quickly would burn me out.

Relevant under tag.
Enter area

ac62467332.jpg

Send scouts keep two back to defend
32819ad4a4.jpg

Kill enemy's
757abc0927.jpg

Whats that thahd #5? We lost one? To serviles?
2053e28342.jpg

pff whatever i have reserves
bd6cb2b1d2.jpg

Last edited:

Ashery

Prophet
This game has really boiled down too a pseudo tbs except kinda worse as no penalty for losing all essence and units i just camp in zone exit and fuck off back to town summon another army and go back i love the thought of being a gigantic prick like that but makes the game very strange and non challenging aside from rushing focusing down one unit at a time on higher difficulty areas i don't think my level is high enough for but wave upon wave of thahds will bring down near anything with enough patience.

Not to say i am not enjoying it but may skip to two see if mechanics engage me more. i think trying to finish this too quickly would burn me out.

Eh, you're understating how valuable experienced troops can be. Thahds will generally die often enough to not gain much advantage there, but if you can keep your core group of Fyoras alive, they become a sight to behold later on.

Also, what difficulty are you playing on?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Sooo... I'm buying every new HB (531 games on Steam :salute:) and one of those were Artifex Mundi games. Surprisingly fun (when compared to 100percenting Skyrim or discovering first-hand that BG:EE is worse than before) and nicely crafted. Finished Cursed Heart, now playing Siren's Call.

Hai guise, pls behold my octopus anal plug:

2wFNg0s.jpg

Something fishy about this dude:

6LSOsYS.jpg

My new waifu:

If4udH7.jpg

Kraken attakieren!!!

H6y043l.jpg

Infamous "Kingsmouth look":

4YArTVV.jpg

O, ammonite with aeon closed eye: Speak to me in water-tongue and grant to me the eyesight you once saw the sea-gods with!

iZVdWB1.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
...and one of those were Artifex Mundi games. Surprisingly fun and nicely crafted. Finished Cursed Heart, now playing Siren's Call.

That series is the best of them all. The final game in the trilogy, Davy Jones, is available on the Artifex Mundi website.

9 Clues takes a slightly different approach to item hunting, and the Abyss one is an item-hunt version of Bioshock, which makes it lulzy at times. Enigmatis 2 plays better if you've played the prequel first.

Despite being one of the best Souls series fights, this whole thing is such a bugged mess... From the broken homing Scrubstein dash attack, to the constant clipping through each other.

Well, what is is Scrubstein? Did u git r00ked by a SL1 scrub?

F2jf635.jpg

VhcfZcr.jpg

FF2v31W.jpg

vgxod3o.jpg

bQE1hsW.jpg

8UQRFiz.jpg

nbq0ovO.jpg

Inf0mercial

Augur
Eh, you're understating how valuable experienced troops can be. Thahds will generally die often enough to not gain much advantage there, but if you can keep your core group of Fyoras alive, they become a sight to behold later on.

Also, what difficulty are you playing on?
Maybe and normal i should bump it up didn't think, but the way i am playing all it would do is make it more not tedious so much as time to clear a location i will walk you through this.

I sit at exit zone have 7 thahds on entrance i have them kill everything on map if any losses i summon more i have enough essence for 2 full waves and 3-4 more 10 essence for 2 intel thahd and i am pumping battle shaping every level sometimes twice it doesn't matter if enemies get bigger hp pools or do more damage its just time to kill them one at a time with thahd waves.

Then once every enemy on the map is dead i waltz in loot everything and go onto next area it is always in my experience so far better to have 2 ten essence thals than one 50 or even 100 essence just more hp and damage no matter how you cut it and ai tends to spread damage.

I admit i always go battle shaping i should maybe next game try fire shaping would be a change of pace or try a guardian build but i enjoy shaper class and it feels right for the game.

Multi-headed Cow

I have weird experiences with Dark Souls bosses. Some of the notoriously difficult ones I beat my first try with no spoilers (Ornstein and Smough, capra demon) and then ones that everyone say are easy gave me the absolutely shits (Vagina dragon, DS2 skeleton chariot (Which in my defense IN MY DEFENSE I swear that piece of shit was bugged. I'd be completely in a cubby hole and he'd still hit me)). Smough has the best armor though. I really like the super fatass armors (Well, basically all the armors) in DS. Even Havel's armor is neat.

I really should do the last two DS2 DLCs. Stomped through the game and the first DLC and then got wrapped up in moving and didn't have much patience or mood for constantly being on edge playing Dark Souls and haven't gone back to it. Since it's screenshot thread and I'm talking about it though here was my last screenshot before I got ded.

B1A63076C5AA9D3AF4512F8BC2B2FBC5DB83FC45

You can do it m8 :dance:

I played through all the DLCs from NG to NG+7 and I'm not even that good at the game. That probably has something to do with the 123123123 rings of life protection I have. No edge of seat for me...

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, those do make life easier. The soul loss might end up a hair harsher (Barring being killed again and losing everything) but the really nice part is not going hollow. In DS1 and 2 for some reason I hoard my un-hollowing shit like gold even though it's not that big of a deal. The life rings completely put me at ease as far as that goes. I guess it's 'cause I like the "Full experience" of not being hollow, even though I heard you can still be invaded and shit while hollow in 2.

[offtopic]
Yeah... In DaS1 I'm always hollow and pretty much never use the sacrifice rings. In DaS2 I never go hollow and have 99/99 human effigies. You'd think FROM would be able to have balance between both scenarios...
[/offtopic]

Oh hey... Here's one more screenshot. It's spooky Londo.

gSnitaT.jpg

Beggar

Cipher
Smough's armor set looks sick! But it's fuckin heavy as shit and I'm so slow with it :negative:Wonderin if Havel's Ring + Dark Wood Grain Ring would do the trick

image.jpg

DramaticPopcorn

Unless you're playing unpatched version on console, no it won't do the trick.

(inbe4 cheat engine)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom