Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

XhUkbaB.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yesterday I went on Czech adventures:

Y4aLmBF.png

I have no idea how to pronounce that.

pzB7ZBa.png

I'm playing with the """"english translation"""", which is literally just the in-game text thrown into Google Translator. Not a big deal, the only real issue is that the item description aren't translated... so a lot of trial-and-error figuring out what potion and spell does what.

0B0MoPW.png

The enemy sprites are really nice, and although it looks like another Dungeon Master clone, Skeldal is TURN-BASED!

xo5AVbH.png

And has another cool feature. This asshole here can only be hit with spells... and my mage would usually die as soon as I got close...

t40AsiX.png

So I divided my party, having the two warriors hold the skeleton while the mage went pew-pew. It's still a gimmick, but seems more useful than in Wasteland or Arkania...

aZvuWWs.png

The first dungeon was great. Full of secrets and nice stuff to find.

f9QxyxO.png

Went back to town, got a nice armor set.

Tb3j1cD.png

I also got this pan flute from a bard... have no idea what to do with it. :P

h0Yr7qp.png

And here's another shot, just because the artwork is really cool.

Essegi

Cipher
I really like Autumn Aurora style!

Some fun at Killing Floor after some time...

2aE3ZjP.jpg

Taking a look at the new map...

dNXIKP6.jpg

Nice sight, near the wheel there's also a decent camping spot in the bridges...

YbZChrP.jpg

That is better for sure.

Kk737jl.jpg

So much gold...

CgZqMGH.jpg

NhoAv1z.jpg

uogDc1q.jpg

Wiht a lvl 6 med behind at hard i just brute forced the situation...

rFxU0iU.jpg

Damn, she's so annoying, really deadly in groups!

5TJjRUi.jpg

Better beheaded!

1yPmpMa.jpg

Lol!

lapTPQj.jpg

Yeah, beaten Stronghold at HoE!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah snork on two legs armed with guns and bloodsuckers wearing bandits jackets were most wacky elements of this mod.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Skyrim has good DoF.

It only uses it as DoF in menus (to blur out the backdrop), otherwise it's used for weather effects and underwater blur.

That's just regular blur. DoF is when you have get a crisp image of a blade of grass that's in your eye, while the rest of the world goes out of focus, or the other way around.

2qcdmab.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
That's just regular blur. DoF is when you have get a crisp image of a blade of grass that's in your eye, while the rest of the world goes out of focus.
Nah, it's very clearly DoF as it's distance dependent. It's just it's not used as DoF, but to either subtly blur out distant scenery in inclement weather (works better than simple additive fog) or to blur out everything not right in your face underwater.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Nah, it's very clearly DoF as it's distance dependent. It's just it's not used as DoF, but to either subtly blur out distant scenery in inclement weather (works better than simple additive fog) or to blur out everything not right in your face underwater.

So it's like view-distance fog and fov scaled resources with an additional coating of blur, is that it? DoF isn't really distance dependent as it is object dependent; like, if you look at a far-away tower while crouching behind some boxes, the boxes blur out while the tower becomes sharp. If it was distance dependent it would merely simulate bad eyesight, which in a way might be more realistick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom