Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Geforce 9600 GT with Athlon 64 X2 3.00 Ghz. Plus 2 Gb of Ram.

Pretty sure I could make it look better on that. I've never seen that game look this horrible. Even Witcher 1 looks a lot better. 9600GT should have 512MB VRAM? Textures in your screens look like they've been downgraded for a 256MB card. I played Witcher 2 on my old dual core machine with 8800GT, which is like 15% faster than 9600GT, it looked tons better.
Take a look at that processor again. Those AMD x2 processors came out 10 years ago, and they're a huge bottleneck to the videocard - old though that is too. So the problem isn't necessarily the videocard, it's the severe CPU bottlenecking.

Beggar

Cipher
witcher2_2014_03_31_13_29_48_65.jpg

playin on very easy so that I could slash every god damn thing with machete

fallo.jpg

Damn this stuff is so addicting i'm tellin' you man. Fourth time already, more than 200h into it. Even thinking about this game this moment makes me want to womit, can't stop playin' thou

labai.jpg

Some pics to feel cinematic effect

Nuotrauka1730.jpg
Nuotrauka1747.jpg

That's right bitches, I'm the future of the NBA
nba2k14_2013_12_17_21_50_24_50.jpg

Runnin from the goathead

bio4_2014_04_01_22_56_22_32.jpg

Good old pants, poor man's jacket and shitty car to drive at night. Not much games without sci-fi armors and robotic guns

GTAIV_2013_10_31_19_57_38_82.jpg

Trying to look what's on the other side of the moon. Can' see shit

nuskridau.jpg

Last edited:
I like to make werewolf movies to play old JRPGs on my smudgephone.

Trying out Mystic Ark, which is a sequel to 7th Saga never released stateside. You start in a ominous temple that serves as a hubworld, a godly presence commands you to go into different worlds to find little spirits called Arks. All of your companion characters have been turned into wooden figurines, who can only be animate by infusing them with these Arks. You also use Arks to enhance equipment and solve puzzles.

Different worlds have different themes. One world is populated by nothing but children, or cats. Still others where one part of the world is devoid of color or where inhabitants colonize giant fruit.

N4XNz1N.jpg

YQsy0Dv.jpg

JRgOgCW.jpg

tbP54wy.jpg

PXWFXB9.jpg

eJTZgmm.jpg

VK3ALxF.jpg

peKYvW2.jpg

FcALtbQ.jpg

uUUmHE8.jpg

QaWNnJH.jpg

lWt1LGP.jpg

7bqds1v.jpg

4R9B4Cd.jpg

AvNJVVD.jpg

:kingcomrade:

8AgZkZJ.jpg

4OgCFo1.jpg

qcp91ZR.jpg

26MB0L9.jpg

Only problem is whereas 7th Saga's stateside release was ridiculously difficult, this game is way too easy. Enemies will often do only 1 HP worth of damage if you equip the most recent upgrades or spend any time levelling. It's a good deal more fun if you just unequip everyone's armor.

I've been enjoying it, despite its simplicity. The different variety of worlds keeps things interesting. I'm eager to see where te plot is going, as so far I've just be running around doing errands. And the game's got some good artwork, too:
0PcEgJ5.jpg

vWCvdrF.jpg

4427p9r.jpg

pippin

I understand why this puzzle with the black chick may have upset some people, but I don't get why they were so angry with the one with pedo guy. If anything, you're "saving" those kids from him.

I haven't seen anybody complaining about how it's implied that Rufus left those kids to die during that scene with the monster, though.

Still, the Deponia Trilogy is the best :love:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I understand why this puzzle with the black chick may have upset some people, but I don't get why they were so angry with the one with pedo guy. If anything, you're "saving" those kids from him.

I haven't seen anybody complaining about how it's implied that Rufus left those kids to die during that scene with the monster, though.

Still, the Deponia Trilogy is the best :love:

With the black chick I was just going "Oh no, no. Come on, no, don't make me do this. Goddamnit." in my head. Not really because she was black, or a chick, but because the whole sequence of events was just so wrong. So wrong, but pretty damn funny in a really twisted way. I guess you could've guess that meeting up with Goon again wouldn't come to anything good.

How could you get your panties in a bunch about the pedo. He was portrayed in such a stereotypical and ridiculous manner.

And the goddamn theme has been playing in my head for a couple of days now. Haven't been able to find a digital version of the soundtracks. Daedalic are selling physical copies of them on their website, but are the songs in german? The track lists in the cover images are in german and I'd guess some of the songs have vocals, as some of their titles have "huzza" in them.

pippin

And the goddamn theme has been playing in my head for a couple of days now. Haven't been able to find a digital version of the soundtracks. Daedalic are selling physical copies of them on their website, but are the songs in german? The track lists in the cover images are in german and I'd guess some of the songs have vocals, as some of their titles have "huzza" in them.

GoG versions have the soundtracks (they should be currently on sale). The Complete Journey Version (Steam only so far) has the german and english soundtracks for the last game + the new songs, in both mp3 and FLAC.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2V7Stk2.jpg

jJxp8Ik.jpg

EN1w2V1.jpg

E5OWZJB.jpg

i75MVoW.jpg

AGYX0tw.jpg

EFX7KF9.jpg

Splatter - a top down shooter where you play as MCA wearing fedora and a leather jacket. Very good, bloody and nice selection of weapons. Replaying in on insane difficulty and having a very hard time. Too bad there is no co-op option in the story mode, it would be great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom