Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
I still think that CP feels a little bit too rough on the edges and needed more polish. The steamboat, or the last castle level where you need to put some effort to finally make it to the final doggie duo worked very well.
Also swamps, the opera and so on.

Stuff like recycled easter eggs, bosses and clearly unofficial premise aside it was very impressive.
Stuff like those included, it looks like an ambitious mod by extremely talented amateurs wanting to match the vanilla's awesomeness.

Funny as it is, Plasma Pak felt more like a proper episode, a whole packet instead of ideas floating in someones mind.
OTOH I barely remember anything from PP aside from the Beasts, tesla cultists and that one early level that begun with green cultist spamming dynamite from the roof.

And last, but not least I really must compliment Jay Wilson. I will not turn into gaudaost and say the same things about Diablo III, but he was a good designer.Just look at the credits:

The guy really knew his work and was good at it. Alas, he's another victim of gaming industry going full RetAAArdo way.
Corporate culture - you keep getting promoted as long as you're competent, when you reach function you no longer have fucking clue how to perform, you're stuck there.
In this case you had a 1337 level designer, so naturally he had to end up moved away from what he was good at and turned into a lead design performing equally or worse than a bag of dead dongs.

Untermensch

Augur
Jay Wilson.
I fucking hate that stupid motherfucker, especially after the Diablo 3 fiasco.

Wait what???
That stupid fucker worked on one of the greatest FPS games of all time?

E1M3 - Phantom express
E1M4 - Dark carnival
1369019068829.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Wait what???
That stupid fucker worked on one of the greatest FPS games of all time?
Yes, and apparently is a pretty kickass level designer as long as someone curtails his "artistic freedom" and tells him what the game is about, what are its themes, what assets he has at his disposal and what to fucking do, the guy can sit down and just churn out stuff of legends.

Put him in as lead and let him decide all those stuff - what assets are made, what the game is about, etc. - he just goes full retard and gives you aliens, CabalCo and, later, Diablo 3.

Observe:
Blood said:
Level / Scenario Design:
Terry Hamel, Craig Hubbard, Kevin Kilstrom, Nicholas Newhard, Jay Wilson
Blood II said:
Game Concept and Design:
Jay Wilson
Lead Designer:
Jay Wilson
Storyline:
Jay Wilson
(He still made some levels, but I don't think it helped.)
Diablo III said:
Game Director:
Jay Wilson

pippin

More arrows in suspended animation in m&b: warband multiplayer. Vaegir master race.

1024x575.resizedimage

.repooC elaD htiw egdoL kcalB eht ni m'I

1024x575.resizedimage

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
So is Alien isolation scary? I don't play horror games, but I did enjoy the AvP series quite a bit, I really like the atmosphere in these games.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
# Get it for cheap (Less than $20.)

# Wait for the first patch (still not out at time of writing).

# This is not a shooter with horror elements, this is horror survival.

# Play it on Hard.

# Mind the derp.

# Enjoy. :)

Astral Rag

Arcane
So is Alien isolation scary? I don't play horror games, but I did enjoy the AvP series quite a bit, I really like the atmosphere in these games.

I don't really care much for most horror games either but I am enjoying AI quite a bit. I think I'm nearing the finale and the game still manages to keep me on the edge of my seat.

The Xenomorph is (fairly) unpredictable, hunts you relentlessly
and it's invincible unkillable
so you can never let your guard down. The androids are also quite capable foes, ammo is in short supply most of the time and the bots can take more than a few shots in the face before they go down.

You can only save at save stations. Sound design is superb and the game looks absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is second to none. If you're a fan of the original movie you will probably love this game.

There is some popamole (mini games, light QTEs, bloody crafting...) but it's tolerable and comes nowhere near the level of popamole you encounter in games like Far Cry 4 etc. Come to think of it you love Ubi's derp-based shooters so maybe a game like AI doesn't contain enough popamole for you, something to consider.

5F356BD625482F01C89141CA64E751575A24CD88

5CD75B83CA4CBCFAE33E39F7C9DD348563DE6DAB
:love:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom