Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
cnlW1Wm.png

20cmwJ1.png

8rajmnq.png

nothing stops a highwayman...except a wasted chosen one
fdlIWXg.png

jtoRypw.png

ORXFDTF.png

DraQ

Arcane
Playing on Extra Crispy wasn't such a bad idea.
Yeah, well, actually no...
Until the last level where you loose all of your ammo due to having to deal with 2 stone gargoyles.
This.

:negative:
Was it not for doubled boss(es) it would be the definitive Blood experience, though.

Also, every time I see the full HUD I am reminded of what a fun it would be if the game did feature the beast mode, after all.:salute:

Is loving DoF a sign of dumbfuckery or just poor taste?
what's the difference?
:dance:
This.

Doubly so when it's used to fuck the visuals up in one of the very few games that manages to use DoF inoffensively (basically Skyrim pretty much only uses it for weather blur, underwater and blurring out background when in menus during actual gameplay - not really what DoF is supposed to do but looks well and not really like DoF which, of course, is good).

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
4zONSWz.png

efV4aY8.png

56ctgpv.png

bh6yGV7.png

BewzcEK.png

SmW3pCi.png

Fun fact : In episode 1 you can acess the secret level by putting the key symbols in the exact order of getting them in the carnival level. The Overlook Hotel in episode 2 has secret entrance too, although is harder to find. You must find 5 tomes of power to unlock the portal which will take you there. It's got a lot of secrets, 17 plus 2 not counted in-game by authors. One of the best levels of Blood, full of Shining references. Stone Gargoyle on EC ---> evacuate. This was my last attempt in playing the whole game with it. The monks are more like bullet sponges and the khem, balance is not there.

SyGHTJi.png

9toR52Z.png

CbKLS6a.png

App5BR5.png

:rage:

inGAHzr.png

ya5kzyR.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Comte

Getting ready to defend the Fulda gap "The Frontier of Freedom" from the incoming Communist hordes

ibndpftYDKgvyH.png

Gord

Arcane
I actually grew up not that far from the Fulda gap. I once saw some exhibition about the german-german frontier which included plans about what both sides planned to do in case of war. One of the main routes of the GDR/Russian troops was right through the area I then lived. Likely outcome would have been that NATO had used tactical nuclear weapons on the west-german parts of the frontier to stop the onslaught of the Warsaw pact troops. Good bye home...

Comte

I actually grew up not that far from the Fulda gap. I once saw some exhibition about the german-german frontier which included plans about what both sides planned to do in case of war. One of the main routes of the GDR/Russian troops was right through the area I then lived. Likely outcome would have been that NATO had used tactical nuclear weapons on the west-german parts of the frontier to stop the onslaught of the Warsaw pact troops. Good bye home...

I was reading a bunch of the war plans the other day and it my understanding that besides West Germany being nuked Poland the likely source of Warsaw Pact reinforcements would also be a Nato target. Also this quote about the French is interesting taken from the Matrix forums:

"A common topic of conversation during guard/staff duty was: "What will the French do?". The French had made no secret of using the "force de dissuasion" should it be necessary and, during the period covered by the game, they were actively engaged in nuclear tests in the Pacific. So the common thought was the French would react as soon as the WP had made serious breaches in the NATO line and if a few Americans/Germans got burned in the process..oh well "c'est la guerrre."
It would've become very nasty, very quickly!"

DraQ

Arcane
Stone Gargoyle on EC ---> evacuate. This was my last attempt in playing the whole game with it. The monks are more like bullet sponges and the khem, balance is not there.
Was it not for stone gargoyles I would have probably played it through on EC.

In any case, Blood isn't balanced - cultists, hellhounds and SGs (if you do have something that can bite them) make for nice, challenging enemies, zombies of all sorts make for nice cannon fodder and nuisance enemies (spiders, hands, rats, fishies) are good as well, but most of supposedly challenging or even boss grade enemies are shit - ordinary gargoyles do a good job looking menacing but they just aren't dangerous - their ranged attack is shit and up close they succumb to repeated application of twins*, spectres are similar in that regard, while Shial/mother spiders are annoying, glitching HP bags.
Gill beasts are ok, I suppose, they can stress you while underwater.

Lenny S. Barrel and Ronny S. Barrel.

I like it because it makes the game look like the real world looks when I'm not wearing glasses.
Taking off your glasses still works and is more performance efficient.

spekkio

Arcane
Vaifus' Chronicles

Well, the infamous Mission #7 wasn't that bad actually.

GtO5HGB.jpg

After some time with Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Vandal Hearts, Incubation, etc. you get used to bullshit "find the only one way to win" missions.

And other things make up for it:

lFWZkEE.jpg

:love:

yqstp7u.jpg

0K1C9y1.jpg

Assembling your team according to their crushes is p. neat.

:desu:

And how can you say no to this:

pH7IQfP.jpg

bite-the-pillow-im-going-in-dry.jpg

:hero:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was going to brofist your post FromWisdomToHate, just for the dwarven warrior.
Then I saw his hair and beard...:argh:

How come they made it look that bad....

Edit:

spekkio

7th mission is rather easy actually, one granade is all you need to destroy each reactor and then hide your soldiers behind your tank (blue lady mostly attack the tank after that) or simply retreat them and kill the heavy only with your tank in one turn.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom