Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
Full Bore

V0pqewJ.jpg

tfQGZPw.jpg

YxdcC1l.jpg

hDPdW7l.jpg

3G8yapJ.jpg

E8PusAB.jpg

VECw6sL.jpg

jKKZ8yV.jpg

QDFhxdX.jpg

codex.jpg

FPVEzBG.jpg

anMUEsy.jpg

bBqbVTq.jpg

T8xJ6zs.jpg

M7PD1qp.jpg

PtLpy4P.jpg

RKnLfoE.jpg

OcZEBb3.jpg

0mXEmsY.jpg

Decent puzzle game. Nothing special, but worth a try if you pick it up in a bundle.
Pretty nice graphics, it seems.

spekkio

Arcane
Derp Space 2

Evil negro gubmint again:

bKZnma5.jpg

More pointless gimmicks / shock value:

DLo6Zem.jpg

Invincible enemy who will follow you around like a puppy:

MPgjDgs.jpg

What a fucking great idea...

Fbj0QH4.jpg

rmYXHOa.jpg

:deadhorse:

3kI9usR.jpg

Not yet!
Let's use a trainer and finish this POS already...

:cry:

Obligatory "hero gets betrayed by the questgiver":

3akcm1l.jpg

What can I say...

dRgesp8.jpg

And the devs as well, while we're at it... A boss who can one-shot you when she gets close + swarm of fast enemies who can help her get you...

3kI9usR.jpg

Oh, well – let's end this.

:(

Anyway, the game ending with the "hero-on-rails" / "mash the action button" sequence is quite fitting:

WZNtZWj.jpg

R.I.P. Dead Space "franchise", you wasn't that bad while you lasted...

PLff1en.jpg

:gumpyhead:

3kI9usR.jpg

:yeah:

wd24tHo.jpg

EA, pls. :roll:

Last edited:

Stella Brando

Arcane
Can anyone tell me what was the game where a scientist is in a forest, trying to find a cure for his own disease?

The screenshots were a first-person view of his diseased hands as he sat in a tent, and a journal describing the effects of a mushroom.

Thanks.

mck

Cipher
here are my screenshots of miasmata because nobody asked for them. i even used spoiler tags!

2013-03-23_00004_zps550a989a.jpg

2013-03-23_00013_zpsa2f71d63.jpg

2013-03-23_00006_zps0fda137c.jpg

2013-03-23_00016_zps5cee459a.jpg

2013-03-23_00012_zpsa27a5d85.jpg

Seerix

Arbiter
Some Black Ops 2

As in literally some when compared to behemoths I uploaded earlier. Since I played this one first, I guess I must have gotten neurotic or something and spam screengrab button in later games. Oh well, I did got some pics of all the crap I mentioned at the end of my BO1 screen orgy.

Also, it's so far the most fucking annoying of all CoD's that I played. Annoying purely because of certain issue with the first mission caused by certain circumstances which were solved but not before having to replay said mission several too many times and having to watch the same goddamnfucking cutscenes over and over again till I got so sick of them I stopped giving a fuck and wanted to do something else(and exactly then and there everything started working lol).

So, let's begin!
==>
Here's our villain of the story, Menendez, he loves to blast people's kneecaps, uses heart shaped family's necklace to slit people's throats(how cute and hardcore!), takes over a whole chunk of the planet and causes World War III and he will fucking kill you if you hurt his sister. She dies later in the game. Oops.
7Anaz5K.png

ueZR7bo.png

wQFzj5I.png

==>
So, uh, does every game rips off Deus Ex or is that some actual futuristic tech idea people seriously consider? Sounds pretty dump to me, putting a machine gun on one of those Japanese robodogs.
jQ2wOwn.png

llqzFFT.png

NJLoz7x.png

==>
Strawberries!
6V7vivr.png

==>
Adventure in some flooded city, signs point to some middle east place so I guess weather is going apeshit in the future.
ltDgSwn.png

GtpPiXz.png

0xkRaLy.png

==>
Letting player pick their guns and other shit before each mission is the most fun of all things added to CoD series EVER
gAgYsJK.jpg

fZCWwSU.jpg

7T2rdv3.jpg

IAaCf9D.jpg

j2YpqAq.jpg

VeKNlYP.jpg

krTk4GY.png

ahCoxST.png

==>
And here's the list of some choices and consequences different cutscenes and dialogues. Black Ops 2 is much better action RPG than Mass Effect 3.
BCZg78p.jpg

==>
Here, a more live example of choice:
V8STYZC.png

==>
And the consequence :)
LsyGH7t.png

==>
In the past though, our friend is still alive, well and far away from being at the mercy of our CHOICE. So we can enjoy his ridiculous muscles and tribal tattoos!
z8WEIUX.png

==>
In another time and place we visit ultra expensive resort
LDZwauO.png

==>
We take control of a little robospider and get to lazor rape some guy's eye
pEHveEm.png

vmoTDE6.png

==>
Have some fun at the disco, it actually has some nice light show going on when in motion.
lL0ST0s.png

==>
And then we shoot the whole place to shit.
J604PNL.png

==>
A bit of a nice lighting I guess? The level itself is pretty fucking shitty when you pay attention to it.
ffgBRSM.png

==>
That would be super awesome desktop computer. Alas it has no numpad. :decline:
bmPsywV.png

==>
Two examples of different weapon skins, I fucking adore this red, black, white camo.
M9B9YKB.png

oIK2LJk.png

==>
CoD engine can produce some pretty large maps, those pics are both from the same level and you can see that I'm standing closer to the buildings that are just background panoramic in the first screenshot. Obviously, not much detail to enjoy.
rsCPgQN.png

tZcbXOI.png

==>
The final mission of the game begins with badass action sequence full of explosions, not really futuristic VTOL transporters and men wearing fake wings that work long enough to let us touchdown without turning into some kind of metal contaminated jam.
38FLels.png

YOWrcva.png

WqCioOk.png

lcOLXgc.png

DU4Ockk.png

ngyjqBh.png

==>
The. Best. Camo. Ever.
PAWzLFT.png

==>
Damn, talk about eyefinity...
IuhVQMg.png

==>
Here's a last screenshot, of some fire situation.
JtFMT9T.png

==>
THE END

Hmm, I didn't even got a single proper screen showing off all the stupid drones this game throws at you. Well, not really, they're like in some scripted scenes and few times you can control some and then they're sporadically used as actual enemies. But boy, they're annoying. I guess real drones like that would be annoying as well, it's hard to kill something made of reinforced steel or graphene or whatever when all you've got is anti-personnel guns and ammo.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

Ugh. I'm sick of this choices and consequences bullshit to mask the fact that your game's story sucks in the first place. I haven't played Dreamfall Chapters, but I'm just saying, make a good story, don't bullshit me with this biowarian choice & consequences nonsense that never comes to fruition.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

These fuckers.... I still really like playing Sigerious Mod but fuck these guys. You literally run to base for more ammo cause that how much fucks they gave.
FFS it's exoskeleton, not some armor build from bunker's walls and definitely not something that save you from whole load of Bulldog grenade launcher and RPGs.
Alpha Squad was better, this is just prime example of modder retardation caused by headbunching in the desk.

pippin

Some weeks ago Gaben sent me a -90% ticket for The Book of Unwritten Tales, and I said, well why not

1024x575.resizedimage

1024x575.resizedimage

The meta jokes are constant. But in my opinion it's the only game that gets it right, somehow... perhaps it's just because the game always presents itself as a light hearted adventure. BTW, the game is called "WoB" and it's about role playing as salary men, which was an old but endearing joke http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YwBIl6Vvo4g/T8LWM5WlN7I/AAAAAAAAEd4/WDxgEaHYR9w/s1600/houses_humans.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom