Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
5652bujs0.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wait, so Farmer class gain no XP at all from monsters (I heard he gain lesser XP at first)? Seems like Food will be no factor now, must be plenty of it for Farmers alone. Oh well...
Brb, playing Harvest Moon before LoG2.

DraQ

Arcane
I will never understand how people can play videogames as a character of a different race. Like when eastern europeans have to play as whites.
Play GTA:SA much ? Or IV, cosidering your trolling logic ? I guess you also don't understand someone playing as a different gender.
Actually, that's a whole different thing, "Bros before hos" does transcend race or species.
:obviously:

pippin

Is the Farmer the new Shepherd (from Ultima)?

Well, after finishing Origins, I felt like importing my Warden into Awakening. Yes, I am aware of what I'm doing. Still, here are some random moments from the game.

1024x575.resizedimage

After some sidequesting, a peasant mob starts complaining about lacking food and basic stuff. Since I have Persuasion maxed, I try to use that... but they attack anyway. After slaughtering them, the reaction was something like "gee, sometimes you have to kill all those peasants for things to go back to normality". My white male human noble warden clearly didn't checked his privilege.

1024x575.resizedimage

Dorf city, like the black marsh, was an interesting location. Dorf lore was interesting in Dragon Age, at least it was more than just beign fantasy jews. But the giant golem is ridiculous, I mean, it's not even hard (more on this later), but it's confusing, since you have to deal with the graphic effects of their fire attacks. You spent the whole fight looking at flames. However, you find a cool set of armor here. Not everything was lost.

This will be under spoilers just in case:

1024x575.resizedimage

Ok, so in Bio's logic a brood mother can have nipples but a regular woman can't. I mean, we all know how atrocious sex scenes are in DA:O. Some Biodrone told me that people often wear clothes during sex, and yeah, they do because of kinky reasons, but it's not that fucking fantasy bikini. I demand nipple freedom, goddamnit!

1024x575.resizedimage

This is one of the last scenarios of Awakening - I already fought the good fight at Amaranthine, and I'm chasing the "mother" now. I took this one because I literally laughed at this: there's this architect vs mother conflict, which has darkspawn fighting some sort of civil war, and during one of those fights, this huge dragon arrives out of nowhere. I can't take this seriously, I really can't. Dragon Age is a good source of humor.

So, having 80-90% of the game completed (from what I gather), I can tell you this: Awakening is better than Origins, and that can be a compliment if you want it to. It's like 1/3 of Origins in terms of completion time (if you do everything), there are no romances (source of butthurt among biodrones), the areas are smaller (no Derp Roads of Mage Towers here), and the quests are brief, to the point, and more related to the main events than the usual Origins crap. Also, there is some vague sense of urgency about solving quests, since when you provide resources for your keep you feel you have accomplished something. On the downside, you can't lose/die. Origins wasn't hard, but in Awakening you're ridiculously overpowered. You have three specializations, gold is not an issue, magic items are OP as fuck (+3 to all atributes is normal here), etc. In general lines, I'd say Awakening feels like the Icewind Dale to Origins' Baldur's Gate. More fights, less talk, but this is still modern Bio, so YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Wait, so Farmer class gain no XP at all from monsters (I heard he gain lesser XP at first)? Seems like Food will be no factor now, must be plenty of it for Farmers alone.
most monsters drop food, and monsters respawn over time (or mebbe story progress, hard to tell). super op class: ratling farmer with mutation and endurance. every 4 levels +1 to all stats, every time you eat cheese xp and chance of random + to a stat.

spekkio

Arcane
Imagine System Shock with graphics like this:

iSnSlg4.jpg

rOmpOnZ.jpg

oYSpJfY.jpg

Xp31EUY.jpg

Speaking of SS2...

1agJBBh.jpg

Don't tell me it's gonna be THIS shit again...

s4G9HHB.jpg

:x

Followed by retarded trial and error boss battle!

WghvY7c.jpg

:deadhorse:

vdnCTyQ.png

:love:

BubZQ2l.png

:yeah:

aDeDzIB.png

:mca:

Multi-headed Cow

A3D1CDACB88A819F95250848A3D0FE38608FF105

3C5A68B353BAC602ADC24C1803BD9E39299AEC3F

B7D5B87817ADED823ED44707D57DBB94F5D55A80

B1A63076C5AA9D3AF4512F8BC2B2FBC5DB83FC45

56DA62FFDBA7DEFDF5EF95290767445819174D55

(niece killed my son and heir so naturally i stripped her of all titles, imprisoned her, and took her as a concubine to provide me with more sons. CRUSADER KINGS 2)

CB84DEF22CCB11E1EF2E66FD6F28DD0F6AC04A09

B8A18E8D880002DD07C1DFFAD14D5834721B8597

6DF0E2B3535F9A827D79AF0D474517291E2F7052

4307663B7BD116D918E0C51B63E203D3FF730D75

C2A88C1D1EF475A09FBAFE811C603C535EA90E5B

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Penny Arcade's RPG with dumb name 1:

aYwBTuY.jpg

I'm impressed. I created a bro, customizing even the colors...

Jtnj0R9.jpg

And he shows up exactly as I made him not only as a 3D model during combat & exploration...

kGRnNtA.jpg

But also in 2D art, during cutscenes and dialogs. More games should do this.

The rest of the game is just like Costume Quest though. Lite-JRPG about clicking buttons at the right time, but with PA's horrible humour. Ugh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom