Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That He-man game is cool. And you can play as Skeletor!

pippin

and now, for the second part, D&D Shadows over Mystara (yeah, each game is 1 hour long)

1024x578.resizedimage

even brainless beat em ups from the 90s seem to have better c&c than most modern rpgs...

1024x578.resizedimage

slutty drow witch makes mes fight against her male drow sex slaves, and in the end of the stage, her harpy, while she throws fireballs at me

1024x578.resizedimage

slutty drows have a slutty drow merchant. a game for true cishet scum.

1024x578.resizedimage

slutty human witch makes me fight a lich. i don't know what the fuck that bird man was.

1024x578.resizedimage

after fighting the lich you get to choose: save a gnome village or chase the human witch. i went to the village. gnomes are grateful, but i'm to big to party with them. then they give me a potion to be their size and start talking me about a dragon, which is the final boss.

1024x578.resizedimage

weird bird man throws a manticore and a small dragon against me, but i only have to kill him, the creatures don't matter.

1024x578.resizedimage

final enemy. it was quite a challenge, mostly because his attacks were very strong. he chews on your head and takes 1/4 of your life, and when he uses his fire breath from the side of the screen it's an insta kill (or at least he did when that attack touched me).

1024x578.resizedimage

... but still, he's still not immortal. he was possessed by the slutty human witch, it seems.

The game feels better than tower of doom, the action is faster, you have more enemies to fight, and you can do small combos. however, they changed the "inventory" thingy, which was one button to browse all your stuff and it was fine. but in this one you had one inventory for combat spells, another for defensive spells, and another for weapons. it wasn't comfortable to change between all that stuff in the middle of combat. but as i said it felt like an improvement in general terms. also for some reason the model for my character kept changing every time i died, from the gal who looked like Link to the other girl who has blue clothes and vice versa. The voice for the elf was also changed from a correct adult japanese woman to a desudesu anime girl.

With the achievements you get points, which you can use to unlock artwork galleries.

1024x578.resizedimage

if i remember correctly this image was used by gog as a bg wallpaper :M

1024x578.resizedimage

1024x578.resizedimage

1024x578.resizedimage

Astral Rag

Arcane
Close.
Nocturne.
How is it? I've been meaning to read the LP of it in the playground, but haven't gotten around it it yet.

It's very atmospheric, has great sound design and music, it looked gorgeous at the time and still holds up well enough IMO.

Sadly it shares a lot of problems with Alone in the Dark and other similar games. The game controls a lot better than most of its illustrious predecessors but it's still far from perfect and some platforming sections are pretty annoying.

But it's fairly unique, gory, cheesy, fun.

fn7plaf.jpg

noc2iqq06.jpg

noct9zdpso.jpg

67c9quc.jpg

557cd10.jpg

noctuqwsvr.jpg

noct08zhdu7.jpg

nocturne20149efd2.jpg

To run Nocturne on Windows 7 x64:

1. perform full install, don't install Nocturne in "Program Files (x86)" folder

2. install patchand indeo codec, movies won't work without this codec, if you're having trouble installing the patch copy/paste the installer to the folder where Nocturne.exe is located

3. right click on Nocturne.exe and select "Windows 98/ Windows ME" , "Disable desktop composition" and "Disable themes"

4. select directx7 renderer in options

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Nocturne was rad. The awkwardly controlled, pivot-on-the-feet gameplay style was probably at its highpoint then. I remember there were games like the Alone in the Dark sequels, Blair Witch, and even an Evil Dead game. Nocturne blew them all away.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Yes and no. You can shoot guns but it's rather ineffective, especially against the Alien. It's like System Shock meets Alien with Amnesia-like mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom