Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Very nice platform game, although I recommend a gamepad instead of keyboard. If you use the latter you probably quit in later parts, where you need to synchronize your moves.

u4e7Ihh.jpg

wp5LOU2.jpg

M9hHOFO.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Witcher 2 - How do I playtest the game?

Playing the 2.1 version (the final one before the ultimate enhanced diamond... Oh, you kno' which one). :roll:

So, finally reached Act 2. Massive incline!

Now, wait a minute. The moment I finished talking with the cuntmage, I got this:

0NVhCXw.jpg

Of course, nothing about this stuff was mentioned during the conversation. I pray to Allah it's just some broken trigger, 'cuz if it's not, it's some EPIC FAIL right there.
And I went straight to the fag, no other questgivers before him - WTF?

Positioning characters around campfires would be a good idea, if only Geralt stopped spawning in front of them after the dialogue:

zWn5CPn.jpg

VfaNpf0.jpg

Oh and the camera...

2IdDnCG.jpg

Plus the "interact" system:

xIlKkes.jpg

yxjkvvk.jpg

Oh, if you touch the door, the action icons will disappear - you have to twitch the camera around for proper spot...

:roll:

2D games were much easier to code I guess... Oh, wait, running a simple search through the script files was too difficult too:

3JhulGs.jpg

~2 hours later I finally met the guy who (probably) should tell me about ONE of the artifacts, required to complete the main quest:

t8iiX4V.jpg

Things start making sense... But wait - let's do some sidequests first:

u0C19LR.jpg

Too bad I picked up the wrong (yet quite timid-looking) dialogue option, and the guard told me to GTFO. I was able to guess the sum required to let Geralt and ODRIN! ODRIN! in. Too bad the game didn't recognize this - we were let in, but the quest did not update, borking itself permanently. Guess blind bribing is bad.

It seems that the concept of putting shadows / overlays around white subtitles is yet to be mastered by the CDP devs:

WFG5Bui.jpg

LD0zsxQ.jpg

Shit, missing this in 1.0-2.2 required some real skill from the testers...

Thank Muhammad that at least writing and humor are top-notch:

IoYDqiU.jpg

f2m3uQU.jpg

3MmOJRe.jpg

:gumpyhead:

Another quality "move back-and-forth-like-a-retard" quest. The mustache guy wants some wraiths dead. Find wraiths (far end of the map). Them bitches accuse the mustache guy of killing them. They ask you to lure him to their location. Go back to the guy. C&C time!

XmJTX20.jpg

Initially, I've chosen the second option, since I though it's the "inquire more", followed by "choose either to help him or the wraiths". Too bad the guy got pissed, run off and get his ass killed. :oops:
Reloadan. The first option is actually the "gib XP" one: you have to lure the guy to the location, and decide there. It's like the ultimate "confront the witness with some stupid shit" technique from US police TV shows...
At least, the final explanation should be satisfacto...

fYVVNNE.jpg

:hmmm:

The Fast Forward feature got borked at some point as well, no matter which time of the day you choose / how many hours you decide to FF, you will end up at some totally random hour:

tLthlaq.jpg

:bravo:

Whatever. Let's kill some evil knights, hiding below the brothel:

hWOA3ye.jpg

Cockblocking follows. Killed the evil guy (Trout), completed the quest... Only to learn about it once more some quests later:

ZzkOVOX.jpg

Jy0bbNH.jpg

Fucking quest triggers, how do they work?

:M

Finally, back to the main quest:

VkiLQqN.jpg

Sure thing I do, you spoiled the beans during our 1st conversation:

yFx74DC.jpg

:hmmm:

jVhPi9o.jpg

Oh, wait - not yet!

ygcsohC.jpg

But don't worry - the guy continues with the "OK, you got them all - get this pha4t l00t and off you go" dialogue right after that.

LMTlowerbrokenear1.jpg

Well, it happens in other games as well, I guess...

:mca:

Brave Geralt crosses the Deadly Undead Mist [tm]. Well... During his second attempt, since during the 1st one the "quest destination" area got inaccessible somehow.

jMapWmH.jpg

Reloaded, tried all other possible exits, then went back to the previous (most logical) one, and voila:

8kd4eBY.jpg

Fuck year, motherfucking fetch quest at last!

Glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_sasukekun17-d7mdjvo.jpg

:yeah:

Last edited:

Comte

Playing Dark Sun Shattered Lands for the first time. I just slaughtered all the guards in the arena after fighting in the arena 3 times.

ibi6ZvRjA5YQsQ.png

Here's my party

iqgsv9KH79B03.png

I made a Half-Elf Fighter/Preserver/Cleric, A half-giant Gladiator, A Mul Fighter/Druid/Thief, and a Thri-Kreen Fighter/Psionicist/Cleric

MapMan

Arcane
I feel like LOTRO could be a pretty fun game, if I could only get into it and past the starting zone...

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I feel like LOTRO could be a pretty fun game, if I could only get into it and past the starting zone...
I mostly enjoy it because of the setting. I've had the account for 5 years and my max lvl character is 66 (out of 100) so yeah, I'm taking it p. slow. Sady it adopted WoW strategy where all the difficult content is at the end-game - I remember when I started playing there were plenty of dangerous areas that are a breeze to do now.

Ivan

Arcane
It's like Dear Esther, except there's actual shit to do. It's possible to play the game incorrectly (i.e., not solve the murders) at least I did 2/4 of the way through. Check it out when it goes on sale.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
4BhFkcH.jpg

lDXUimA.jpg

YoCPg8U.jpg

lEKxiyK.jpg

ZX99gTx.jpg

1CbBoQm.jpg

Guarding that computer was pain in the ass.

Ld2z0bB.jpg

Slavsky ? Why not Slavomir ? :outrage:

vu6sh5z.jpg

(...) mother Russia! It's time to show who is stronk.

UZ9l9LG.jpg

Coward french soldier, never saw that coming.

2vzxBSK.jpg

:flamesaw:

9rXo26J.jpg

:mhd:

4H1BXfs.jpg

Last boss was really easy compared to the rest.

After playing for the first time Gorky 17 I must admit that it's a good game, but it had some problems. First of all, the strange attack patterns, where you can't aim with a rifle in more directions than straight forward and diagonal. After some time I adapted to this system but it could be done better. Other weapons weren't that bad. Unlike, for example Fallout Tactics it's more of a puzzle game where you have some scarce resources to use and need to beat the enemies. Sometimes devs added something extra like a ticking bomb, so you need to keep moving and kill monsters quickly. Or, as I mentioned earlier, defend the computer station that can be destroyed by three attacks. It was kamikaze time. The plot, the music and the astmosphere reminded me of Resident Evil. But, unlike in the RE, the voice acting was way better. Nothing really amazing, but it worked well, and the varied, hideous looking mutants kept the whole thing interesting. The fire/poison/freezing mechanics were necessary to survive.

Overall: :3/5:

bonescraper

890F9F1714B43B1663C4E606E6D36E450049CE50

5AD24473CF620421DF28BB2596144A5CEF68B145

3949281FD0B97C5367A88AFDBB7D454C124A7320

2961F021D8E8ED22BBB462A8B8E9F074255E4DE6

DDAE50BBE1F250E98E372DFDAFC1121D6E22E3C4

80AD13D296428BBA1C3293294D0EFF939C7103C8

F36864CC7FBC8DC6F8C2BB19099F8483EA1A2056

A4F98F0C8A5C44C8B4F56F1A9451BCF8D3A3C8B4

FD6BFBA5E3E956BC81859C1A2E80E3220A88B22D

497E1979F8A9091847E6DCAF2DE1A074F70B637C

It looks better in motion and without JPG artifacts.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom