Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Witcher 2

So, I started this one for the first time, and let's say I'm highly unimpressed after the tutorial (I'm playing the 2.1 version).

First, the performance is total ass, with constant FPS drops, mostly independent from graphical options. The only thing that improves performance significantly is reducing resolution from my native 1680x1050. Too bad it makes fonts unreadable. :roll:

Second, the GUI is absolute fucking dogshit. Whoever came up with that was clueless fucking moron. Either go with PC-centric mouse-dependant one, or with consolefaggish gaypad / keyboard one. Here we have the worst of two words. Plus the sluggish, accelerated mouse...

Hx4vyqg.jpg

Third, the skill grid?

0GPDi1e.jpg

Really? This:

Customized_sphere_grid_ffx.png

Instead of something that at least utilizes the entire screen:

Character_sheet.jpg

:decline:

Fourth, the popamole, which can't be disabled like in Dishonored:

zNyPdAT.jpg

:popamole:

Still, I'm sure I will fall in love with this modern masterpiece soon...

:rpgcodex:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This one I dedicate to HiddenX :

5d5OjIb.png

FAIRIES! *o*

suOQTd8.png

This game is pretty. :D

ThLHNMm.png

So cute! ^_^

GxoGaPY.png

Wait, da fuck is that?

N0HLYdZ.png

Is the where our tiny tea party will happen?

W4R6tEV.png

OMG, the fairies are trying to kill me!

P19XYDE.png

Take that, you bitch!

2PfWAIx.png

Oh, you smug strafing mushroom, IMMA COOK AND EAT YA!

EsZtTl7.png

Also, Stats and stuffies. :3

Damn fine game.
:thumbsup:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Black Mesa Tentacool rails
IHOMQCt.jpg

look what i've found. neat, huh? :D
zHtvfpZ.jpg

look what i've found. neat, huh?:(
3tNAn4V.jpg

i've seen bigger.
tyNSl0U.jpg

nice ambush, idiot.
hXPBNRh.jpg

why would you not change this? :retarded:
jL4M6hG.jpg

i wonder how it tastes.
bHcfXhz.jpg

first you let me get ambushed by 5 soldiers, and then almost give me a heart attack?
8Pfh7rx.jpg

you deserved this.
uUFes88.jpg

ditching this deathtrap.
aQSDEPg.jpg

:M
MfAR1dx.jpg

is that a rocket? :|
pZX1KNF.jpg

OH! so turrets fuck you up, but a rocket to the face is perfectly survivable? WHAT THE :rage:
5rKon4Y.jpg

TPon8K2.jpg

YHMD3rj.jpg

how did those revenge fantasies work out for you?
fvju0DW.jpg

my diagnosis? not that great.
3s2ory1.jpg

health and armor to spare? that's a first.
1iWTYYs.jpg

i've seen bigger.
klzxANo.jpg

1CCAZFF.jpg

oh gee i wonder which one i should turn, hadurrrr
tCWyQ03.jpg

of course there wouldn't be an achievement for that. nothing retarded happened.
nla6BAy.jpg

i've seen bigger.
9ii1uGJ.jpg

oh jeez i wonder what will happen.
7srT8Fb.jpg

you really didn't need to play the first one or have precognition to figure that one out.
DNsBwCc.jpg

these things are the worst at ambushing.
lhj9sZ9.jpg

so, uh. i see you run 30 miles an hour, i run 30 miles an hour. we have so much in common. we should definitely fuck sometime.
tL1uTP3.jpg

so i guess you shooting me, me shooting you kind of ruined the moment?
say nothing if what comes next is perfectly consensual and in no way, shape or form corpse rape.
oCCcJMQ.jpg

sharp, clipping elbows and butt. 1/10, would not corpserape.
FCeQEVJ.jpg

and if i don't, no one else will either.
o0mC73q.jpg

hmmm
WMpnVDV.jpg

mhh hmm
ySmfBzC.jpg

you fucking cunt.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is that some new version of Black Mesa? Don't recognize these guns...
And remember that old HL also got guns replaced (Spas with stock on and M16+GL instead of MP5) but no clue which version got it (Gold?).

Essegi

Cipher
Shadowcrypt v1.3
Nostalgia factor maxed out, sort of a Zelda 2 clone but with some differencies... Like playing only in palaces with smaller room (screen sized).
No random levels, just random loot.

ihSdbOu2WJf2p.png

Oh well, who cares the story in that game?
ibyaJMszzF9AHy.png

Here the first big difference with Zelda 2: shield bash that knocks back enemies. It can't be done while crouching. That's vital since enemies has the bad habit to walk over the player damaging him... I know sometimes complained about that, but in that way shield bash maekes sense and it's realy a nice mechanics. Sometimes hit and run is viable but not other times.

i0yN6jrHsbtyc.png

Swords and shield can be dropped. Sometimes worse than the one worn and since there's just replacement a bit of care is needed. Luckily the button to pick up weapons is dedicated.
I found also a shield that sometimes stuns on bash.

iZXpSdJ2FIquz.png

Low hits are nearly a good way to deal damage and to avoid high thrusts. But not from high slashes. That enemy have 2 ways to high hit and that's good.

ibsZFTcVM1DyoA.png

There are also javelins to throw. An yeah, the spear of that skeleton has longer reach than the sword.

ibxhet1Aq9pDtx.png

That sucker throw axes... And of course that tips on the celiling are traps.

ijGy1p1Hy8Fhg.png

Sometimes there are elemental enhanced weapons like that. To me it seems it stuns for a small fraction of second.

iWMxamF4nGG26.png

Sometimes (not like that) there are also moving platforms.

ieyqEBwYiMx2t.png

Considering that shield doesn't protect while walking some care is needed...

ibgaY5PxhNoiTS.png

To tell the truth that isn't difficult if done correcly.

iplKgws6hsdvt.png

That's quite scary unless there's a way from the other side. I suppose bashing the skeleton down it's the way. I believe that game becomes nasty later...
Also i found a writng on the wall that says that a candle is required to go further. I've still to enter that door. Interesting.
Maybe it feel less like Zelda 2 that what i'd thought... There's the shield bash and some small differencies, but not on the retarded side since to me it seems more difficult and complex combat wise (not that Zelda 2 is very difficult). It's slower too and for me it's a good thing. But the game structure is simpler, btw sometimes there are more than just 2 doors (that open only when all enemies on room are dispatched) so there's some branching at least. Probably that won't be much replayable but nor easy to finish too. If you die you consume a life, start from previous room, all enemies killed remain killed and you have basic weapons again. Enemies have a ton of hp and it's easy to be damaged if played without care... I'm curious to see what lurks further. I don't know if there's magic for the player, btw combat is more than solid. There's also an internal system of achievements.
I like the atmosphere, really old school.

EDIT: things goes worse:
iboHGmFdrDLbsP.png

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
tWitcher 2 so far:

1v0Ybql.jpg

Have you seen my kingslayer? A middle-aged, bald guy?

:roll:

Verdict:

qK6VVVU.jpg

Jesus, this game is inferior to first tWitcher in every way! What a massive

:decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom