Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

catfood

AGAIN
bvababd.jpg

Dis Gon B gut, need to tweak up MGE a bit and i will go on a screenshot spree
Looks like Riven.
Only not as good.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
black mesa intro
SBhbMoT.jpg

come on. really?
ghi63tv.jpg

vt3x2FF.jpg

alright, i'll go, but this won't be the last you have seen of me, old man.
GRkaDb9.jpg

LMBBCZN.jpg

WHY DID _IT_ NOT STOP THE VERY INSTANT!? HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK!?
6sSA7zi.jpg

wait, are you me? how. wait. no. no. NO! MY REALITY IS COLLAPSING IN ON ITSELF
0apvTip.jpg

k
fVQRaSL.jpg

cool.
5Fbb1Qe.jpg

it was a paper cup you drama queen.
vuxdNsU.jpg

this inconsistency in texture quality is driving me insane in the membrane :argh:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
black mesa: white men can't jump
oat70J5.jpg

i remember this elevator once crushing me in the original. while i stood outside of it. that event instilled a deep fear of elevators in me that, to this day, i have not overcome. *triggered*
9svpmGh.jpg

but enough about me and my phobiae, let's start operation eye destroyer.
JCFR6Po.jpg

WFYD1WZ.jpg

^
Too much bloom. :obviously:

[/case]
hWiQ9sZ.jpg

achievement unlocked: did something retarded
pRlYZCN.jpg

love can bloom on the battlefield.
EsFRvKO.jpg

i can't tell you how much i fucking hate the jump in this game. it feels even worse than in half life 2. you run 50km/h but jumping higher than 5cm would destroy this carefully molded balance i guess.
BMJ2bLA.jpg

buf8PiC.jpg

THERE IS A PYTHON IN MY PANTS!
6fkC480.jpg

so you took out this simple push crate busywork, but left the crate conveyor platformer section in?
639douc.jpg

the turrets are deadly as fuck. this one hit me two or three times taking off all my armor and leaving me with 60 health. someone is making me his bitch, and i don't like it one bit.
p9rpG28.jpg

no didn't hear anything. especially not any screams of despair and pain, or flesh impacting sheet metal.
TwdqMgb.jpg

i have a cunning pla-
bYKG4al.jpg

you fucking cunt.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Todd Howard said:
The main inspiration for The Elder Scrolls comes from games like Ultima Underworld, Darklands, and Legends of Valour.
Well, we all know about UU and Darklands, so let's check Legends of Valour!

erndwhv.png

Citations are cool, so let's add like three of the most popular ones at once. That will makes us 3x cooler!

a91nzqh.png

You can make a woman with a mustache.

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

buibF71.png

Dwarves are really serious about armors. But apparently they are all cosmetic.

fdYzECl.png

The city is fucking massive (that map scrolls), but nothing besides empty houses.

vi0rrVv.png

This is funny, you call people out in the street and they ask "who... me?"

C7Bq9L4.png

99% of my time was spend roaming the massive town, trying to find buildings and asking people for directions.

IbaXfsx.png

Some of the random passerby sometimes offend and attack you if you call them. I guess it's to keep things interesting.

yEju8ci.png

Combat is just like in Arena, but you click instead of making mouse movements.

09keHHw.png

I was arrested by "acting suspiciously" - which probably relates to me attacking random people in the streets. The fine was dirt cheap.

mSqpLrl.png

Oddly enough, the Armory doesn't sell waepons or armor... it only deals with commodities, like ore and gems.

F8tHnLR.png

The point of the game is to join guilds and do their fetch quests. Hurray.

poPg3kE.png

Most of the graphics are just okay, but the indoors are nice.

qCZT4gg.png

And then I died. The end.

But seriously, you could call this Elder Scrolls 0. Bethesda did indeed improve the formula A LOT, but the core gameplay, including the boring parts, is all here.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Legends of Valour was labeled and advertised as a rival to Ultima Underworld.

Yeah, reviewers laughed at that even back then.

Ashery

Prophet
Latest release of KSP introduced funding, and so it's time to present the misadventures of a space agency that's willing to strap a payload worth a bit over 150k on top of a rocket that costs less than 10k.

KWnYbFC.png

The meat of the satellite cluster. Notice the total cost (166.7k). The bottom stage, which provides the lion's share of the dV for orbital insertion, consists of a large SRB (1800) and 4x medium SRBs (2800 for the set). Hilariously, the fins and RCS thrusters cost almost as much as the rest of the bottom stage, costing 600 and 400 each respectively. The middle stage completes the insertion and costs roughly 3000 or so and I've used damn near every drop of fuel in it the past few launches in my sandbox game (After crashing two out of three in my career save and burning a third of my funds in the process, I decided to tweak the design and practice).

It might seem odd that I'm using RCS where one would typically put control surfaces, but even outside the fact that I lack a joystick and so can't do precise maneuvers with control surfaces, control surfaces become damn near useless past 30k elevation, and that's when I try to swing the rocket towards the horizon for the last 20ish seconds of burn. On top of that, they provide *too* much power at the lower elevations, meaning that the rocket constantly seems like it's in danger of moving out of the prograde cone and flipping out. Control surfaces also had a tendency to induce a substantial amount of rolling. So, yea, RCS definitely proved to be the better choice

Also, the SRBs are setup to burn out at roughly the same time, so there's only the need for a single decoupler at the top of the large SRB. Have I said I'm a cheap bastard yet? Heh.

Anyways, enough of that. Time for a selection of my failures when I remembered to grab a screenshot.

XGjKam0.png

This was my second failure on my career save, which was back when I was still using control surfaces. The launch actually went reasonably well, but I got greedy and pushed my luck at the end of the burn and ended up doing a couple flips before the SRBs burned out. I managed to regain control as I was just about out of the atmosphere at this point, but even if I had started burning with all the ions in addition to the 909 immediately, I'm not sure I would've been able to save the cluster as I still had a Pe of -110km when I reentered the atmosphere (Ap was barely above 80k; I didn't exactly have a lot of room to work with). Also notice that I burned all the LFO on the little probe lander as well.

07NilG4.png

The result of being too aggressive with my gravity turn. I'm actually surprised nothing broke or burned up, although it's not out of the realm of possibility that that result is from some bugs in the mods.

The RCS was useless in saving this launch. It's a great way to add some quasi-thrust vectoring to the build, but once you're more than five degrees off, you're fucked.

eODhwfa.png

Glamor shot of the above. You can see why I'm surprised nothing broke, though I did get the DRE sound effects that typically occur right before failure, so I might've just pushed the rocket to the very edge of its limits.

sKsjEFA.png

dDkYpep.png

A change of pace: Here's a version I put together a couple weeks ago as a proof of concept.

1ltxOzH.png

The end result with connections turned off. Kerbin's cluttered to all hell as this is the sandbox game that I use to experiment with different builds. Mun's nice and neat, though, heh.

The equatorial orbit has two short and one long relay at 750km (Current version uses an additional long relay and orbits at 400km), high polar has two short relays and the high resolution ScanSat mapper at 750km (The high resolution works best between 750km and 800km), and the low polar has the low resolution and biome mapper at a 250km orbit.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
Nice shot. It's amazing how well the quake engine has aged and how much mappers have accomplished with it.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Gonna hunt me some outlaw scumm

olwin2014-09-0617-10-42oyb.jpg

To my surprise this game works just fine on Win7 x64. The only issue I encountered was the rainbow colour bug, fortunately this problem isn't hard to circumvent.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

To my surprise this game works just fine on Win7 x64. The only issue I encountered was the rainbow colour bug, fortunately this problem isn't hard to circumvent.

I played it not long ago, and Outlaws really surprised me. It's really easy to die, even on the second difficulty. There are so many enemies that you must carefully think about the next move. Game teaches you too how to quickly react when you're in danger. Sometimes all that matter is that one second. And when you have a perfect couple of shots, you just feel so good. Ironically the boss fights were the easiest part, I didn't have any problems with them. Just some common sense and learing about their weapons and it went smooth after that. Lucas Arts did nicely with the custom missions that you can't play after the main story.

Still - you should try CoJ: Gunslinger. It's more like arcade game, but it's really good for what it wants to accomplish. A good reflex and aiming will also be needed.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

The rainbow bug is easy to get rid of. Just alt tab to windows, and kill the "explorer.exe" process. You can turn this process on after quiting the game.

But my question is. You have no problem with the textures getting all smudged and blurry when inside the barn on the first level? And when you get close to the outhouse hole to shit in. Maybe I should try different renderer.

sser

Arcane
Developer
am2CQUC.jpg

gnm5HK5.jpg
Oh m-my. You're going to fight th-that?

9tnYV8a.jpg
No...

F5mElFE.jpg

9tnYV8a.jpg
I am going to chill that.

iKHMfG1.jpg

uGbmjM4.jpg
Boo, cover your fur! This is a fiery and righteous fight!

D8MDTff.jpg
How can flame attack that which casts no shadow? His strategy pleases me.

i2kl3JR.jpg
Those moves... he fights like a fish practices swimming!

gnm5HK5.jpg
O-ohh... don't get hurt!

REC7hTM.jpg
[Switches to non-Bounty Hunter class.]

9tnYV8a.jpg
You burned me! You blackened me! And you seared my eyebrows!

CLebdIP.jpg

z0CpMeH.gif

ColCol

Arcane
This week in labtop gaming

Hotline Miami: Viewing the aftermath

2014_09_07_00008.jpg

Dishonored DLC: Daud finishes it.

2014_09_06_00002.jpg

2014_09_06_00005.jpg

Spore: A new race begins its ascent

2014_09_06_00005.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom