Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Psquit

Arcane
ptwjC8O.png

Yesh my lawyer Goldforge is abusing the system again!. not even 10 sec in game and im already getting free money! OH JEW!

Psquit

Arcane
Sims 1 is the real deal. The screams when you burn your sims... man thats some hardcore shit.

Malpercio

Arcane
eEXX4E0.jpg

CVoYrUw.png

KTNNdWm.png

0aXc5Sn.png

SOME OF THESE FUCKING PUZZLES

Though I guess it can just be I suck at these kind of games :oops:... altough, I swear I didn't have this many problems in the The Longest Journey (duck puzzle aside, but let's face it, who didn't gamefaqs it?)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
01.jpg

And then mom called.

02.jpg

War crime in progress.

04.jpg

:hmmm:

05.jpg

:pete:

06.jpg

:avatard: Dem Shoulderpads is the mark of epicness.

08.jpg

Cum stained armor. Definitely serious problem in Republic.

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil - Four Fail

It’s time for some kinky stuff!

VbljPfv.jpg

Bad dude tries MC:

dpP1Gpt.jpg

But it’s super ineffective:

710Nt8M.jpg

1mnXN6J.gif

Bad dude evolves!

GgC7KlJ.jpg

:hmmm:

But can he prevail against a power of the popamole gameplay?

2jUuyX6.jpg

kA6MWjy.jpg

XVRxyon.jpg

:dance:

Obligatory rocket launcher later:

yZtSEPT.jpg

:thumbsup:

Yn3WUBH.jpg

:yeah:

Obligatory treachery scene later:

Dp0tYCg.jpg

fUIpnuT.jpg

It’s like this thing Melcar was keeps talking about... :(

Obligatory escape scene la...

dR3fTU9.jpg

Wait, what? :(

LIE6mnI.jpg

Oh, it’s shitty minigame this time?

TaLJ4Pm.jpg

A9tcqeD.jpg

sGdQjG9.jpg

TaLJ4Pm.jpg

A9tcqeD.jpg

sGdQjG9.jpg

TaLJ4Pm.jpg

A9tcqeD.jpg

sGdQjG9.jpg

TaLJ4Pm.jpg

A9tcqeD.jpg

sGdQjG9.jpg

:rpgcodex:

But finally:

QlYh6nC.jpg

Obligatory...

XKGpeCY.jpg

z93Cafi.png
Tehehe, do you know that bodyguards are exactly my type? I lost my virginity with one of the Secret Service guys, actually. Isn’t that a nice coincidence, Leon? :oops:

ujwNlnN.png
I prefer office-lady types, actually. No ho...

RE6_Ingrid_Hannigan.jpg

ujwNlnN.png
:takemyjewgold:

yipFNl1.jpg

19kbiRi.png
Sure. But I hope you’re not against transgendered persons? Call me Ingmar, BTW.

ujwNlnN.png
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

xBHAN2F.jpg

OSSYrri.jpg

Fonzie.jpg

LgqNg9g.jpg

I want 16 hours of my life back. :cry:

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought you would abandon RE4, brofist for the effort. I played it already 2 times, maybe the hd version will be the 3rd one.

Anyway,

Doom Pirates! mod (Works only with Gzdoom port). Much lulz and fun.

gquHrjZ.jpg

BtXMVWc.jpg

I want Jojo!

9ABcqkH.jpg

The tower of monsters!

DfxdFVJ.jpg

Chilling with my guns akimbo.

L7x5ePX.jpg

Yeaaah! Destroying ships with my portable cannon.

9950dhB.jpg

This is like that Indiana Jones movie.

JXyLJjL.jpg

A really pissed captain.

rmHVXbq.jpg

Spooky cemetery.

lgVp9YK.jpg

The hell barons of Tortuga Bay.

8DVQZO1.jpg

:obviously: A monocled Spider Demon.

tD3ymv6.jpg

Final confrontation with LeChuck.

Ashery

Prophet
<Tropico screenshots>
:salute:

Man, if only it weren't for the micromanagement hell that the original boils down to during the late game. Only a handful of AI tweaks would've been required to bring that game to as near perfection as a game can be.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Man, if only it weren't for the micromanagement hell that the original boils down to during the late game. Only a handful of AI tweaks would've been required to bring that game to as near perfection as a game can be.

I think what bothers me the most so far (I'm playing it for the first time) is how ridonk hard it is to get some proper housing quality for the Tropicans. Not only does it need a hell of a lot of time, money and space to set up all those houses and apartment complexes, but THOSE RETARDS WILL STILL BUILD SHACKS EVEN WHEN THERE ARE LUXURY HOUSES STANDING AROUND EMPTY WTF.

And they will even REBUILD those shacks after they are bulldozed :negative:

Ashery

Prophet

I think what bothers me the most so far (I'm playing it for the first time) is how ridonk hard it is to get some proper housing quality for the Tropicans. Not only does it need a hell of a lot of time, money and space to set up all those houses and apartment complexes, but THOSE RETARDS WILL STILL BUILD SHACKS EVEN WHEN THERE ARE LUXURY HOUSES STANDING AROUND EMPTY WTF.

And they will even REBUILD those shacks after they are bulldozed :negative:

They'll only move into housing when rent's less than a third of their income, so if you've got unemployed people and you don't have social security enacted, you're guaranteed to have some people that can't afford rent. An alternative is to have a tenement set to zero rent, but that'll still bring down your housing a good deal and you might end up with people living there despite being able to afford real housing (That's a very strong "might" as I haven't played the original in years).

Proper micro can *significantly* reduce the amount of time it takes to expand early on, but as I said above, it becomes less and less effective as you expand out from your starting urban center.

I'd post some screenshots of my old island to detail my strategies a bit, but I pirated it back before GoG was around and I don't currently have virtual drive software installed to mount the .iso's.

Edit: Looks like I was able to mount the .iso after all; will take a while to dig through my saves, though.

Last edited:

Essegi

Cipher
Shamblers Castle
Doom 3 mod... This is how a sequel of Quake should have been, imho. Too bad it's so short.

CRy6v.jpg

bzsZr.jpg

4y1Hm.jpg

R3GfK.jpg

v4u09.jpg

lVfGg.jpg

Cq4NM.jpg

zgZTL.jpg

N9XPz.jpg

T372M.jpg

joDGW.jpg

jKpcF.jpg

Boss:
otnhf.jpg

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Syberia. The screens look like shit, as the backgrounds are actually very beautiful:

nqSG8fZ.jpg

VXG9HOL.jpg

Football Manager 2014. A pretty disappointing season comes to a close, but we still have a chance of qualifying for the Europe League. All it takes is a win aganst Sheffield Wednesday, a team that's already set for relegation. Should be a piece of c...

7qd9BME.jpg

p0AyLCO.jpg

wLyzE84.jpg

mxApv5g.jpg

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

SlaveZero%202014-05-31%2001-24-21-09.png

CORRIDORS!
SlaveZero%202014-05-31%2001-29-58-59.png

EXPLOSIUNS!
SlaveZero%202014-05-31%2001-44-34-63.png

HUGEBOSSESMASSIVEBOSSFIGHTSACTUALGAMEPLAYPUREFUNMUSICWUBWUBWUBOHGODITZHEAVAN

Ashery

Prophet
The promised Tropico screenshots:

Leader build: Professor, elected as capitalist, hard working, green thumb, compulsive gambler, coward.

Also, this game was from Sept. '09, so it's definitely been a while since I last played.

11vSd4V.png

Not much to see initially, but it shows how slow early expansion is and how I completely ignore housing for the first few years. Exports are entirely based around beef and logs at this point and the church was likely being built to appease the religious faction for an upcoming election.

irhBgYW.png

Boom times begin. Development aid from Russia allows me to spam apartment complexes and my economic structures are still consolidated enough to be highly efficient.

Notice how I've got three construction yards currently functioning (The northern most is only running at 2/8ths capacity, though) with a fourth under construction. This type of setup is incredibly efficient at expanding rapidly as yards in developed areas can be run on skeleton crews to beautify (Increases housing quality a bit) and build roads while yards on the leading edge focus entirely on structures.

By this point I'm running the social security, literacy, and anti-littering edicts. I've also secured the development aid from the US, but it'll be a while before that's put to use.

31Wtlmg.png

9mUn9mN.png

Only four and a half years pass, about the same time period between the start of the game and my first screenshot, but the pace of expansion is on an entirely different level. From four apartment complexes to ten, two more construction yards, the beginnings of my industrial sector along with the blueprints for two lumber yards.

nvBOmxN.png

Finances are currently a bit rough due to logs being directed towards the lumber mills instead of being directly exported, but with my industrial area online (If a bit barebones), it won't be an issue for long.

Tobacco and coffee start getting exported in pretty sizable quantities while beef has slowly been falling back due to the fact that location is the only way a player can influence what edible products are eaten, and my ranches are located right next to a number of houses.

VrNZHED.png

More expansion. The college is up and so I enacted the sensitivity training (Reduces liberty hit from policemen and soldiers) and built the first power station. The power station also enables some rather critical factory upgrades, although their net impact seems a bit weak in practice due to the constantly falling overall efficiency of all workers that results from general expansion.

The building being built in the lower right is the airport that'll feed the eventual tourism sector in the eastern quarter of the island.

Exports now include cigars.

V8Oqh8k.png

EEvma9k.png

This is about the point where I notice the island being crippled by long walks. Those three banks are set to shift money to my leader's Swiss bank account, but I end up paying them substantially more in wages than they manage to actually stash away. By the end of the game, I only managed to swindle somewhere around 50k 5k, though I eventually just set the bankers to accept tourist accounts due to their ineffectiveness. I would've been a lot better off enacting the edict that adds 20% to all building costs and swindles half that increase to your Swiss account.

Also, notice how, after six years, the airport is still in the process having the ground leveled despite having two fully manned construction yards right next to it (One's hidden by trees).

Exports have been diversified further to include freeze-dried coffee.

lXlvPZR.png

W1eJHra.png

A huge jump in years, but the actual pace of expansion definitely isn't keeping up with the fact that I have four times the population of the early boom years. The main expansion of note was more housing near my factories, three radio stations on top of the hill that had been covered entirely with farms, and, of course, the airport.

The buildings placed in the S and E quadrants won't be completed for over a decade, so the footprint is largely finalized.

laHyhoh.png

WuUo6Ns.png

xKf1kpa.png

Some stats along with the completed tourism layout.

pe4LoTn.png

Obligatory late-game post-hurricane screenshot. The economic damage wasn't much, but considering the frustration I had been experiencing with slow construction before the hurricane, I just didn't feel like dealing with rebuilding everything and stopped playing at this point.

Hurricanes are pretty damn broken considering that they cripple farming economies for years due to how crops are "tracked" (If the farm structure goes, all crops go with it, and in the case of coffee, it takes three years for new trees to start producing).

Last edited:

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific

mA5Qk1C.jpg

wiif0zo.jpg

cR3eHpN.jpg

27iM8WJ.jpg

7YmB3xf.jpg

lhjEpB5.jpg

nYQOGdf.jpg

MXXoHCy.jpg

IPGaX9c.jpg

dc7WjfZ.jpg

aRCkTfZ.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom