Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
I probably played the original too much, because Femme-BLOPS were laughably predictable. BM BLOPS were fought in a much larger area than the original, though, so there were opportunities for vertical approaches IIRC.
They were fought in two similar areas to the original and the vertical part, at least as far as their behaviour was concerned, was limited to jumping up and down while charging you frontally. Yes, you could learn to predict the AI in the original but at least the BLOPS tried to flank you, keep distance and generally move around while attacking from different directions (which overall worked pretty well, as they had fast reflexes and good aim) instead of running at you and trying to ram you with their latex covered boobs.

They also didn't have red fucking headlights built into goggles, because, you know, stealth.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
2027%202014-05-08%2001-50-16-13.png

Well, fuck. No explosives, almost out of meds... let's play something else.

And you will not find any explosives/EMP, it's rare stuff in this mod. And guess what
There will be mission to destroy those bots.

Only way to do it is
finding nanocanister with EMP missle augumentation. Turn it on nearby bot and after few shots it will deactivate them

zwanzig_zwoelf

And you will not find any explosives/EMP, it's rare stuff in this mod. And guess what
There will be mission to destroy those bots.

I know about the mission, since I dropped the mod last time somewhere after that mission in the snowy area.
Thanks for showing one of the ways to do this, though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I know about the mission, since I dropped the mod last time somewhere after that mission in the snowy area.
Thanks for showing one of the ways to do this, though.

Snow mission? But it's close to the end. That one and another - inspired by final mission from original Deus Ex - and you're done.

spekkio

Arcane
Xenonauts

After removing MC from the premises, the rest of the mission went smooth.
Still, using environment to your advantage is necessary - aliens use the strongest weapons in the game:

PGZXFon.jpg

pi7bRT2.jpg

:troll:

Captured another Praetor just in case:

0bGn6Cn.jpg

But it looks that we're not taking hostages ATM:

Gq9W7sm.jpg

Some powerful, but not that useful end-game weapons:

MOzR9g8.jpg

Oh, talking about end game:

au4DgUi.jpg

ITZ should soon come.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
When in doubt, apply more (A)wesome. Upgraded vrom V19 to latest experimental release of V22. Doing a run on insane.

vSR3PO3.jpg

Air combat is also less annoying now that planes have more combat fuel and autoresolve isn't ridiculoulsy broken
HkXuInL.png

Modron

Arcane
The next TES game really needs to have a random encounter with a nigh invincible character Bucket Head could be their version of Pyramid Head.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
balmorar should now post some Oblivion and Fallout 3 screens with overblooming effects.

garg01.gif
Hexen : Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
garg01.gif

koLe5UQ.jpg

pRy6BTo.jpg

n1EILXF.jpg

x9Tv5rs.jpg

J0T8QpX.jpg

Notice a pattern in the beginning :troll:.
The expansion was good for what it is. It doesn't add any new monsters,weapons or items. It even uses the same artifacts and puzzles. Levels were smaller and divided into a smaller hubs. Still, I couldn't refuse to play it and have my Hexen experience fully accomplished.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The expansion was good for what it is. It doesn't add any new monsters,weapons or items. It even uses the same artifacts and puzzles. Levels were smaller and divided into a smaller hubs. Still, I couldn't refuse to play it and have my Hexen experience fully accomplished.

I played through both it and the expansion recently; the expansion is a considerable challenge, but ultimately disappointing.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I always preferred Hexen 2 due to the first's confusing as hell level design, but despite that the combat and atmosphere in it were top notch.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Alpha Assault Recon Quake-Life
JybrbOl.jpg

n51ukZb.jpg

does he? does he???
mGAsA5x.jpg

visit www.exposition-ads.com to view other examples of top of the line exposition commercials. www.exposition-ads.com for all your exposition needs. www.exposition-ads.com
oKwKCoR.jpg

ouch.
pqxexBd.jpg

i, uh. let's carry on. wow.
qLrYCxG.jpg

this is actually getting kind of creepy.
MYa6KGF.jpg

glomar lives! GLOMAR LIVES!!!
Wzx2wTJ.jpg

fret not, i don't think the ancient one can be slain that easily.
R06H6Wx.jpg

that's the loosest use of the word accident since the time i told the judge my girlfriend accidentally walked into my fist.
JPzXhLC.jpg

there's been an accident. the character has hit a clishè. :/
613yNlP.jpg

is it a song? a band? a recorded sermon from a holy text? this intrigued me more than it should have.
sHoUeYJ.jpg

my attempts at :popamole: were unsuccessful.
oEJtpPz.jpg

pVpiez8.jpg

XiCvFqu.jpg

complex gameplay mechanics. press a button, look at a thing, press a button.
JMwuXZf.jpg

ZjQSP7I.jpg

ZCSrW9i.jpg

sACXzvg.jpg
VEFRu8Y.jpg

C4eypeg.jpg

mN0ELNS.jpg

C4TFKz9.jpg

i think the last few screenshots speak for themselves, no need for my unfunny comments. jesus christ.

Contra: Hard Corps
This game is brought to you thanks to the contributions of BIKE MAN - K.SUZUKI and NICE GUY - S. SHIMAMURA:

cIwFara.png

Unlike other Contras, this game places a lot of emphasis on boss fights, rather than the stages themselves. The evil doctor pilots this mech, for instance, which shoots homing dicks that will extend suddenly, killing you if you let your guard down.
0NqZ4Iy.png

These creatures can quickly leap long distances, and will cannibalize each other with their mouth-dicks if they come in contact with one another.
QILjn4q.png

You need to be quick to dodge the dick-cannon blasts of this mid-boss.
Cwh912x.png

Here, in somewhat of a Contra tradition, you ride the side of a missle. You need to kill the swarming insects below, as well as the mosquitoes shooting out of the dick above you.
dH3PeLr.png

In this bosses final form, you need to shoot the faces of the two protruding alien dicks as they spring forth and attack you.
wXQn9oY.png

N7QkiaK.png

Our journey over, the heroine rides away triumphantly, the remains of the enemy Sky Dick HQ smouldering behind her.
u4t5vxL.png

:lol:

But seriously, this game has been a pleasant surprise for me. I love Contra, and this is one I've never tried. There are choices throughout the game you make that will change which levels appear during the campaign and the ending you get. The over-the-top bosses and setpieces never stop. Plus, you have the option of 4 different characters who all play vastly differently. I prefer the girl because she has a small hitbox and piercing, spreadfire, homing lasers. T

Contra: Hard Corps is true incline. If I had to critique one thing, it's that the levels themselves are complete pushovers compared to other games in the series. It's all about memorizing boss patterns, here.

Q8RhsID.png

tPTlEI9.png

bWif2Ug.png

q8XEKnh.png

zlDf3xi.png

IUG5E2X.png

iVLoJ2z.jpg

GBG0jA4.png

bXwquew.png

NW8j2kM.png

zqowXfb.png

7YSotlE.png

pYjVvg4.png

UJn5mIb.png

AYPDabr.png

uYakYcG.png

Bi7djd4.png

Ip6OSpr.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Alpha Assault Recon Quake-Life

Is that Alpha Prime? Don't remember those parts. Propably because game was too hard. Those russian difficulty levels...

i think the last few screenshots speak for themselves, no need for my unfunny comments. jesus christ.
Seems like madness made by living underground in dangerous times.
Guessing....

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
When in doubt, apply more (A)wesome. Upgraded vrom V19 to latest experimental release of V22. Doing a run on insane.

vSR3PO3.jpg

kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. kill. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL.
KILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILL
gladiator-tongue.png

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Currently facing harridans with plasma cannons. They only have to get lucky once for one of our bros to die. So I keep having to overextend my BROs to make sure they die as soon as we spot them. It's a vicious circle
xYTZB3N.jpg

My mission commander expressed some concerns about my plan. "You're not going to send me into that thing, are you?" she asked. I pointed out that as long as she had ammo for her gun, there were xenos to kill.
oz5jmh4.jpg

5 floors of mayhem later, grate success!
FKUMHWI.jpg

Some xenos were hiding somewhere outside the UFO. Instead of hunting them down, we got victory by holding the ufo bridge for 5 turns:
HGfvfGv.png

Reverse-engineering recovered bitz of the UFO gave us this wonderful new toy!
O8sWpWY.png

:love:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom