Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
98Z0JEN.jpg

var8m8b.jpg

0dSJcBv.jpg

Yeeuj! Finally playable for me, at 20fps, but who cares.

The car handling feels like it did in Carmageddon back in the day, which is a good day.

Loving it.

baturinsky

Arcane
"New carma" is shit. Maps are as small as carma1, but they padded round time but increasing number of laps and making enemy vehicles too durable.

How I would make "new carma".

1. Follow old formula closely but
2. Combine all maps in one
3. Blow half of budget on making pedestrians dismemberment as juicy as possible

Astral Rag

Arcane
Is this new carmageddon in alpha or beta?

Very early Alpha. Game recently received its first big update.

There is currently only one game mode "Classic Carmageddon", no multiplayer (yet), 4 environments, 5 races, a few re-imagined classic Carma cars , two different types of cops (classic cops and CU NT mini cop cars) a lot of bugs, performance is shitty (some tracks are more playable than others), no dashboard view, a lot of placeholder textures etc ... but it already feels like Carma: the car handling is great , gameplay is just as fun as it was in Carma 1 and 2. Would not recommend buying it in its current state though.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dear Codexia, today I downloaded eMule:

Jb3fq7P.png

Behold, The Kawaii Heart of Uukrul:

EZnTL80.png

VKqIR9v.png

That's only a tiny part, is like he pasted the entire manual on the intro screen...

4vcKDWG.png

So far so good, although seeing everything like this kind of kills the exploration...

fEls0um.png

Magic became just... jrpg magic, but with a high fail rate.

Y5FzFcc.png

Sometimes the game almost looks cool, but then...

PSIoRnZ.png

IS THAT YOUR FUCKING LARGE WOLF?

jKGytBL.png

S0cxFJE.png

OH, FFS! Ok, sorry but this is too much... Even I know that RPG Maker Ace comes with a set of sprites like this:

ZCcyno2.png

And you use that little ninja from Ragnarok Online or whatever? The biggest problem with this game is not the extremely dumbed down gameplay and easy battles, but how it has absolutly no atmosphere. From the shitty batle graphics to the elevator music that plays on the market area, is just lame as hell.

OMG

P.S. Pretty amusing that someone even bothered to do a remake like that.

P.P.S. Also isometric perspective kills exploration, more news at 11.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Last week I watched "The Net" (1995) in this movie Sandra Bullock plays some strange version of Wolf 3D.

I searched the boring 2014 net for answers and learned that miss Bullock was in fact playing the Mac version of Wolf 3D (which is based on the Jaguar version), she's also clearly a cheater.

I just played through the 3 level demo with Macenstein and I must say that this is a pretty enjoyable port. The higher resolution graphics are impressive but playing this feels very strange because everything is so different, from the sound effects to the music to the difficulty (it seems easier) to the new sprites hud and weapon models. There are also new items and gameplay changes (you can carry more ammo for example).

macsdl22014-05-1020-39fbvn.jpg

macsdl220141t7jhu.jpg

m08j8j9c.jpg

dsfqfqsdgqgf0ysk1e.jpg

69gvkxl.jpg

29jjd3.jpg

3w8jxw.jpg

dsf5dzkmp.jpg

8-75azkts.jpg

fsd54d4j0l.jpg

5-06iujyh.jpg

macsq2-13jcjpc.jpg

Guten Tag

-979gj9i.jpg

-33sxk7j.jpg

v847ejen.jpg

v-76ifkpw.jpg

dfqs47jjw.jpg

bonus content:

202mlje6.png

awxjdn.png

bdqjmb.png

Playing these violent video games is not an innocent pastime and can lead to very serious problems.

s61zikvm.png

You can find a virus free version of Macenstein (for pc of course) here: http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/wolfenstein3dmodsatoz/list-m.htm

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Brokenauts

So, I captured and interrogated an alien boss:

7dIwpbI.jpg

Then I decided to clean the alien base I previously left alone...

m9yru8w.jpg

Sadly, Praetor + Alien Base = hilariously broken PSI attacks (MC + Dread; also Fear + Berserk if Caesan Psionics are present). I’m not sure if this is even beatable in current state. With AP reduced and up to 4 soldiers MCed, you won’t stand a chance even with save-scumming.

CMhfYzc.jpg

sETx72Z.jpg

Is it finally the time for uninstall.exe?

:(

Googles “Xenonauts mind control broken”

7m4dm6s.jpg

:love:

After removing MC (only 3 units in the game can use it: Caesan Leader, Praetor Leader and Praetor Commander), the game improves drastically:

XbQm5us.jpg

:dance:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Brokenauts

Is it finally the time for uninstall.exe?

:(

Googles “Xenonauts mind control broken”

7m4dm6s.jpg

:love:

So basically you found an obstacle you couldn't beat by hex editing money and items and you were ready to delete the game? :smug:

If it's any consolation, the last patch nerfed psionics spekkio.

BUGFIXES:
- Night mission graphics have been updated to work with the new LOS system, and to look more murky. They're pretty cool now!

CHANGES:
- Psionic power calculation is now a random roll up to alien psionic strength vs. a roll up to soldier current morale, unit stats rebalanced accordingly.
- Psionic powers are now affected by range (the defence roll gets +1 for each tile beyond the max range)
- Berserk now has a 70% chance to fire at empty tiles, rather than attacking a random nearby unit

- Weapon projectile speeds sped up
- Weapons will no longer reaction fire beyond their operational range

BALANCE:
- Morale regeneration per turn reduced significantly, but turned up after a unit panics etc
- Light Scout UFOs now have 6 aliens inside, with a greater spread of combat scripts.
- Scout UFOs now have 10 aliens, with some spawning in the rear compartment (currently trying to make them stay there!)
- Light Drones can no longer reaction fire

- Aircraft repair / rearm times have been halved
- First wave of UFOs is always entirely Light Scouts
- Triple-fighter Air Superiority missions pushed back a little

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
A249DBF047A8D103EC7AF47D7B7563F298406AEE

Between this and Rising Storm, I wish I had a better computer to see these games in all their graphical glory. They're still quite good looking in their low-res, low-everything setups.

spekkio

Arcane
So basically you found an obstacle you couldn't beat by hex editing money and items and you were ready to delete the game? :smug:
Well, no. I was ready to skip this mission and finish the game, since I found an element which makes some late-game missions unplayable / broken. And the fact that they changed / rebalanced PSI in later versions kinda proves my point, don't you think? Alien fighters giving you resources after getting shot over sea is also a hardcore feature for tru gamers? IMO it's a bug...
Are you still butthurt about me making fun of your tactics in your LP thread, Ulm? Mang, I know that making LPs is SERIOUS BUSINESS, but really... "HERP DERP IMMMA HARDCORE PLAYA, YU'RE POPAMOLE SCUM". :roll: I bet if I wouldn’t clearly state in my posts that I hex-edited resources to test the game faster, nobody would even notice that and praise me for being such an elite hardcore individual.
Grow the fuck up - it's just a game. And currently quite a broken one. I want to see for myself if it's worth buying in the future, and later part of the game in its current state (V21) isn't exactly a game-seller for me...
Why don't you get the fuck back to your LP and show us how to handle Praetor missions like a pro. ;)

Bonus image:

e87b635f647a879ea5e6dff65467697c-sorry-i-put-it-in-your-butt-cake.jpg
:smug:

*Edit:

So, I've read your final update in the LP thread...

1341626989649.png

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dispensing justice and democracy

NQhpnd.jpg

CTF-November

PaNAvp.jpg

:outrage:

L2uD7l.jpg

You think this is a game?!

t4dcgO.jpg

sup boyz

JbvFcg.jpg

toime to turn up da heat

LU4yJp.jpg

Sure is a whole lotta dudes here

b9UufP.jpg

Fortunately, phosphorous grenades are just as useful at thinning the bullet hell as the flamethrower

jVQd9T.jpg

D:

Txv50B.jpg

Dekker is actually tough as fucking nails. Being secretly a spehs muhrine, it takes a whopping 250 or so bullets from a heavy machine gun to bring him down, and the one-hit-kill microwave gun he sports is not very cool. However

QoHLzO.jpg

If you jump onto the central submarine, the AI gets confused and no longer walks around the pen to shoot you because it doesn't have any way to actually step on the ship.

xljzjy.jpg

Altho once you fill him with like 150 bullets, he activates a few machine gun turrets around the dock, which means you gotta hide behind a random crate... and jump up and down shooting him. The AI is still confus and doesn't walk around, you're hidden from all the turrets, and Dekker is too slow to react to your jumping.

OP6jJH.jpg

When finally

9ydUbh.jpg

o1EJ5j.jpg

X-TREME

qt67f5.jpg

Here lies Sergei Dekker. Mutilated by lousy pathfinding.

RCnbB4.jpg

:dance:

Kitako

Arcane
Soldier of Fortune, I remember it was the first 3D game I saw with realistic dismemberment.
How did I love shotgunning limbs off when I was a kid! :love:

vfFUmWd.jpg

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I also loved the game, walking around with the shotgun, dismembering people etc.

But I didn't enjoy that the game became all futuristic later.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I also loved the game, walking around with the shotgun, dismembering people etc.

But I didn't enjoy that the game became all futuristic later.

All futuristic? Literally the only futuristic things are the microwave gun appearing in the last level, and JC MULLINS IT'S A NEUTRON BOMB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom