Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Grand Theft Auto IV San Andreas

mMhHvfZ.jpg

M3UmLEO.jpg

DtwcHKh.jpg

eS7zLU2.jpg

Kf7bBWU.jpg

45xpWPH.jpg

Ri7LwVO.jpg

m0WC8hN.jpg

:awesome, has 'x' in it, but is not 'sex':

:salute:

Your Hexen looks awfully washed-out, though.
The game really benefits from running in Doomsday, with vanilla assets but improved lighting engine.

I play all doom engine games on zandronum, the gamma may be too big but it was for the convenience. Sometimes it was hard to me to follow the dark parts of dungeons.

Heretic, which I played recently wasn't a bad game. A first baby of Raven based on Carmack's beautiful mind engine was solid. Solid, but it felt more like a total conversion mod than a full fleshed game. The weaponry selection is mostly 1:1 equivalent of Doom ones. Monsters lack a little in variety department. Overall level desing was interesting, and it shows how much guys and girls from Raven loved D&D. It was not surprising, after all they made Black Crypt, but sometimes it was really great. Invisible walls, moving walls, and last but not least many, many secret parts of levels. After finishing the whole five episodes I wanted more.

Which brings us to Hexen. I remember the demo, which contained the first episode of the game. It was really confusing for me at that time. With all that doors opening somewhere you've had to put some autistic skills to remember which is which. Well, apparently I've upgraded them since now it felt really normal. There is no hand holding so it can be confusing, but the level design isn't greatly overwhelming. It's probably due to the limitations of the engine that we need to move through many portals and some hubs. Graphically it looks very natural. The wind is moving the leafs, you can break stained glasses, and the variety of themes is kept at a good level. Due to the classes there is less weapons, but it never felt bad for me. It was more natural to have one melee weapon and some magic helpers than a whole arsenal of destruction. After all, who needs it, when you have a .... Wraithverge! It's like fantasy BFG9000. Seeing hordes of monster being swarmed by a deadly ghosts and popping all around was very satisfying. Apart from that the inventory system with many goodies (which, of course was already in Heretic) has many cool things to help you through the storie. I mostly used the deadly gas and repulse rings when I felt like a marine trying to stop zerg rush. The flying was needed to fight with that thing in the end of one of the sections. Oh, and the chalice filled with mana, I hoarded almost everything for the final encounter. It was a good move.

Hexen felt overall like a game, that can stand on it's own. Everything from Heretic which was good is in, or with a little bit of retouch. The puzzles were a good catch of breath in between the slaughtering of enemies. The most prominent were the diffrently coloured chaos serpents. Really annoying in big packs. Oh, and the teleporting behind your back or bringing another bunch of them after some time was really "funny". I guess it's not easy to beat a powerful magician.

Now it's time for Deathking of the Dark Citadel.

Too bad nobody makes cool dark fantasy shooters like Blood, Heretic & Hexen anymore. :(

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
return to castle vikingstein
moderngamesdonthavethsadsh.jpg

i miss corpse explosions.
wolfsp2014-05-0921-567vc3e.jpg

don't worry, we've all had performance issues at one point or another. just because your flamethrower has inadequate length and girth does not mean you are less of an undead abomination.
deflectthatvjkea.jpg

it's a pity, the art of war has evolved far beyond your understanding, grandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrand-father. you were no match against the ultimate technique: circlestrafing

Return to Castle Mädelstein
yesxgj88.jpg

mhh
yeeesyek88.jpg

yes!
ohhh3hkuo.jpg

:bounce:
hnggggahhhluk90.jpg

it overheats, just for you! UGHHHH

Astral Rag

Arcane
sssf1gbkmx.jpg

-20gka2p.jpg

1138rclu6.jpg

2-553bbhf.jpg

some "random" pictures from this computer's screenshot folder:

81ailzy.jpg

dosbox2013-05-1815-07qcjj7.jpg

dgwysi.jpg

go_s3120bvi.jpg

0oixau.jpg

94d4azq.jpg

051uluc.jpg

8rnbws.jpg

4gmavq.jpg

32yfxto.jpg

(Vista Pro)

24-70z2xas.jpg

11hbx10.jpg

inste_0j5z0f.png

7m0lve.png

(Into the Shadows)

ks8xdo.png

021acln5.png

f1i8z92.png

0196b19.png

003fcbtk.png

w8vlxei.png

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

BEHOLD SHIT BURSTING IN YOUR FACE
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2005-55-34-17.png

OH GOD ITS HEAVAN GOOD START OF A STORY
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2006-02-13-59.png

OH GOD PROMPTS PROMPTS PROMPTS ITS GUD I'LL NEVER GET LOST AMONG 2 BUTTONS OF MY MOUSE
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2006-23-20-68.png

ANIMATIONS COOL SO COOL LIKE WOW I CRAPPED MY PANTS LOOK
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2013-32-18-43.png

DEAR GAME, WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2013-54-17-66.png

GOOD WRITING ALSO, REALLY ENJOYABLE
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2013-58-37-84.png

THIS GAME IS SO SHITTY, I EVEN START TO ENJOY IT
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2013-58-53-39.png

WOW PICKING ON ME WOW
BoundByFlame%202014-05-09%2014-02-12-76.png

:hmmm:

What kind of retard writes this kind of shit for games?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I pirated Dark Souls 2 to see if it wasn't a total abomination. I was pleasantly surprised that there is proper mouse and keyboard support for controlling the character, at least. Menus still suck though. It also runs very smoothly for me, which is nice. I will probably buy it when it is on sale.

I'm going to be a good boy and not play anymore until I own it legally, but I did indulge myself in character creation. I like that bit a lot.

roaE9Nq.jpg

VJfgT3Q.jpg

8Il1vYB.jpg

9B2qPiS.jpg

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
There's no option to see keyboard prompts, as far as I know, but I can still bind my keys as I please. You can even combine with ctrl and shift, which is nice.

potatojohn

Arcane
WnfLzdI.jpg

I've been playing DS2 the way god intended games to be played - with mouse and keyboard. Console peasants don't know what they're talking about.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've been playing DS2 the way god intended games to be played - with mouse and keyboard. Console peasants don't know what they're talking about.

Is it playable? I haven't gotten around to playing either game yet because I keep hearing you NEED a controller, and I look at my ancient controller I hate using and sigh.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hot Shots 3

c7J0NL.jpg

:salute:

Video games would profit from more Saddam

Fec5OL.jpg

One ugly mofo

5ne3v2.jpg

Soldier of Fortune gets props for the inclusion of proper arabung

hzuKwm.jpg

lurk

jzxPqo.jpg

0XRo5F.jpg

D:

aiOhkD.jpg

:troll:

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age

Couple of Screenshots from The Redistribution Game and A Question of Knowledge, and a bit more from Down Among Dead Men.

KFcouIL.png

MbLbAoc.png

T1pduUD.jpg

MXdQKzK.jpg

XIFjYZ4.jpg

HO53ZpT.jpg

sZk0UX5.jpg

vVXjyuW.jpg

gT6DtDY.jpg

J5qSHBC.png

lit8XwC.png

kQVG1Bd.png

kNiFy0P.jpg

qvlOQ7W.jpg

hhAhr2r.png

1VEXIyu.png

Wp0RIDs.jpg

3T6C09Z.png

ds4FhaB.png

vfzsULw.jpg

rMtRTq4.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom