Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
fuck1.jpg

fuck2.jpg

:bro::yeah:

DramaticPopcorn

1C32A2DF96B7A4AA01132BC9B514298A6EE3AAD0

What's wrong with your faaaaaaace (this happens quite often after transitioning to Majula to repair Rings of Life Protection)

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
To be fair, auto-combat-moat-free-attack (or whatever we should call it) sounds like a glitch. Also, I don't think it's just AI units that can move into the moat and attack, if it's like in III, they have to be defenders in castle.

No, I've tested it. AI controlled units can enter the moat and attack the defenders when attacking a castle. For a human player that is not an option; you can only move into the moat, but not attack even if ending right next to an enemy unit.
For the defenders it very rarely is a good idea to enter the moat and attack the other way, so I haven't tested how that works, but I can't imagine it being different.

Another annoying thing is that as defender you can only reach the end of the drawbridge if sallying out the main gate, no matter how many movement points your non-flying units have.

HoMM 3 was definitely a huge improvement over HoMM 2.

Yes, it was (gameplay wise). 2 has its charms though, maybe nice looking cartoony sprites and castles. Not saying 3 is is bad, just different. I prefer the look of 3's maps definitely, with all its small details and charm. Combat screen wise, I'm not so sure, I think 2 wins there, it has prettier combat backgrounds and maybe characters, but only by a notch.

Sorry for the rant, nostalgia got me.
Apart from better graphics (debatable of course), the one big advantage II has is the non retarded-economics. In III it's waaaaay to easy to be swimming on gold, even starting on the impossible difficulty level. On normal the game has no sense, you can just build everything one after another and have to literally be retarded to have any problems.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Your gimmick of posting screenshots of games the Codex would shit on is becoming pretty tiring. Then there's the fact than you've got an oblivion avatar... whose alt are you?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
About to bitch-slap King Joffrey like a boss. Getting thrown into a dark hole without ever seeing the light of day like a boss shortly thereafter ^^

rctawole.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Xenonauts

Capturing Caesan mod:

kxhfyni.jpg

ccyXBqe.jpg

:thumbsup:

Saving Wellington:

vvb9FoI.jpg

IKiKKBJ.jpg

:salute:

No suprise, that our best fags look like this:

yLFgG87.jpg

OYrOBxq.jpg

north-korean-medals.jpg

zvaqrJ5.jpg

Haha_quaker_jew.jpg

Intercepting alien vessels is now difficult even with best aircraft:

rtcG7Iw.jpg

But with 3 downed battleships and 1 alien base intentionally left alone, the search for the alien admins can continue...

CzepBnZ.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Chinese Paladin 1 (A.K.A. Legend of the Swordsman and Fairy):

ASscY6n.jpg

eKsNix7.jpg

5M2LtcS.jpg

E7uwj9K.jpg

xFmU64n.jpg

iwSCIK8.jpg

sv5nhkx.jpg

This game is awesome, a fucking shame that no one knows about it. The battle art is great, and is full of details, like how a powerful attack will permanelty scar the ground... and the music is really good.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chinese Paladin 1 (A.K.A. Legend of the Swordsman and Fairy):

ASscY6n.jpg

eKsNix7.jpg

5M2LtcS.jpg

E7uwj9K.jpg

xFmU64n.jpg

iwSCIK8.jpg

sv5nhkx.jpg

This game is awesome, a fucking shame that no one knows about it. The battle art is great, and is full of details, like how a powerful attack will permanelty scar the ground... and the music is really good.

Looks damn good, where do I get a hold of it?

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
4bldsAx.png

BIbVJ4v.png

GrxM7fq.png

DmgbUK5.png

2JLMi6H.jpg

2sXsztg.jpg

gWqIEQ3.png

7cI6X0B.jpg

2iV3SYE.png

CnCdOT9.png

rR92QuV.jpg

2ngnLlz.png

VgOeByr.png

ewdKIzW.jpg

mYfuDYK.jpg

LS72nY9.png

fSZ3rN7.jpg

isWdA5l.png

UC0L3Sy.png

gPcb96U.png

Anyone knows where are the 6th and 7th pickpocket in Shadowing the Enemy?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
For all the "OMG HOW AMAZING" comments I have read about that Infamous game it really doesn't look a hell of a lot better than a PC version from the last few years. At least in pictures it doesn't.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
For all the "OMG HOW AMAZING" comments I have read about that Infamous game it really doesn't look a hell of a lot better than a PC version from the last few years. At least in pictures it doesn't.

I'm not a next gen console apologist, but i got to see this in motion at the store they were demoing it, and it does look much better than Infamous on the PS3, not sure about PC as i never played that.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Looks similar to Killzone Shadowfall, in that it's basically Postprocessing: The Game. You can barely make out anything in the background in these pics because of the crazy DOF and particle effects. Meanwhile, it doesn't even do dynamic shadows. So, basically they just throw shit at the screen and hope consoletards don't look too closely.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I wonder when game designers and filmmakers are going to run into that wall that they can't make any more spaceships because someone's already done them all and trademarked the designs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom