Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Score up to $500 by designing RPG Codex' Corporate Branding (Logo & Business Cards) Competition

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey Crooked Bee , I couldn't find a good early Ultima tileset, so I had to use a more modern, popamole one:

L6OBmaH.png

Alternative version (I can't find table graphics):
f5hveIV.png

Last edited:

Sub

Arcane
I can't make up my mind yet. I prefer the black cards but you can't really write anything on those.

Hasn't MCA granted the Codex the right to use the troll image? And didn't he use it for that other thing a while back?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Which combo do you prefer?
Nice work man!

I think the watermark looks bad, makes things less readable. So, the retro without the watermark, and whichever front without the watermark - personally I like the one on the left more.

Also unsure about the +1 trolling thing. Maybe put the Member name in the dark portion, and "title" in the white one? Might have to change dark-white proportions though, or invert the colors so the name reads better than the title...

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the Twitter banner looks like a mess right now, with all the colors and tiles at the top. (I actually like the image, but it just adds a lot of "noise" there imho). I think one of the troll-"party" images would be better, because of fewer colors.

But then again, I fucking hate Twitter, so this might be how the cool kids want it.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I vote we use Goatse as twitter and facebook banner. It is the most appropriate.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think the Twitter banner looks like a mess right now, with all the colors and tiles at the top. (I actually like the image, but it just adds a lot of "noise" there imho). I think one of the troll-"party" images would be better, because of fewer colors

Yeah, it's a bit too colorful which is why I'd prefer an early Ultima look. Still, I take what I get.

The troll mob doesn't really convey the message that this site is actually about oldschool RPGs *gasp* *gasp*. So, I'd take a colorful Ultima tileset over that one any day.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I think the Twitter banner looks like a mess right now, with all the colors and tiles at the top. (I actually like the image, but it just adds a lot of "noise" there imho). I think one of the troll-"party" images would be better, because of fewer colors.
You do have a point that the previous version had less colors and was less distractive, but I can't find that tileset anywhere. :/

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Yeah, it's a bit too colorful which is why I'd prefer an early Ultima look. Still, I take what I get.

The troll mob doesn't really convey the message that this site is actually about oldschool RPGs *gasp* *gasp*. So, I'd take a colorful Ultima tileset over that one any day.

The troll mob would be fun if Codex started retweeting my economic-political posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom