Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Score up to $500 by designing RPG Codex' Corporate Branding (Logo & Business Cards) Competition

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have this thing in my signature. .

But hey man, it's silly of me to lash out like this. Sorry.
Accepted and no offense taken. I rarely read the signatures, so sorry for ignoring your signature.
Could you guys be any more gay?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Still no specs of logos and banners for social networks, if someone could post the requirements that would be grand. I don't even visit these sites.
And thanks for scalable troll lefthandblack, very good.

Twitter:

Header photo (recommended dimensions are 1500x500 pixels)
Profile photo (recommended dimensions are 400x400 pixels)

Profile Header: 1500px by 500px. Panoramas work well. While 1500px x 500px is the recommended size, if you don't want Twitter to resize the image, you can get away with 1263px x 421px.​

Facebook:

Your Page's profile picture:
  • Displays at 160x160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140x140 pixels on smartphones and 50x50 pixels on most feature phones
  • Must be at least 180x180 pixels
  • Will be cropped to fit a square
  • Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
  • Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones

Your Page's cover photo:
  • Displays at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
  • Doesn't display on feature phones
  • Must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall
  • Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
L7E6vg0.jpg

If you could somehow incorporate racofer's shoop somewhere, it would be appreciated.

Tormented Seph

Scholar
Another combo for Business Card (without QR) in Ultra HD:

dn7veYk.png

FB e Twitter Cover:

0jbRc3w.png

Letterhead:

ux3Z89t.png

Obviously I can change the header ad footer according to the Business Card choice.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The angry mob works much better in monochrome on the letterhead. On the social shit not so much. Maybe because of the extra crowd in the back. Did you try it without the DOF effect?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For the large Twitter header/banner, I think we could use something like HobGoblin's business card design. We're currently using something like that actually, but it's very low res and looks a bit like crap in higher res:

u4codexbanner.gif

https://twitter.com/RPGCodex

If someone could redo it in higher res and proper aspect ratio or make a similar one, it'd be cool.

DramaticPopcorn

0jbRc3w.png

Obviously I can change the header ad footer according to the Business Card choice.
This is perfect but I don't think the "+1 something" is necessary.

Tormented Seph

Scholar
As you suggest...

Without DOF:

h431ytt.png

Monochrome:

NxUgfeP.png

Without angry mob:

ZpYhxJ3.png

For the large Twitter header/banner, I think we could use something like HobGoblin's business card design. We're currently using something like that actually, but it's very low res and looks a bit like crap in higher res:

u4codexbanner.gif

If someone could redo it in higher res and proper aspect ratio or make a similar one, it'd be cool.
This is the best I can do trying to re-pixelart it:

1920x341:

oahwtFP.png

1600x421 (the visible area in twitter cover):

w8FHcWk.png

This is perfect but I don't think the "+1 something" is necessary.
It's for the "RPG elements".
You know how it works today in mainstream potato land: "Growing Numbers? ==> IT'S AN RPG!!!"

But for me it's the same, no problem.
Waiting for other feedbacks.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

dn7veYk.png
Personal opinion, I like the white business card (1st on left). The troll carrying the die needs to be on the front though, next to the RPG CODEX like it is with the letterhead.

I'm still wondering whether that die needs numbers on it too... And wondering what that looks like in that outlined style.

On the back, how about using the high-res :rpgcodex: troll whomever it was posted earlier, only as a faded watermark (that way you can write on that side if need be)?

Letterhead:

ux3Z89t.png

Love this letterhead. Love the angry mob at the bottom. It feels lacking without some colour though. Dunno.

Without angry mob:

ZpYhxJ3.png
Not really sold on this for Twitter and Facebook.

I like the concept of the +1 and of each card / thing having a unique comment. For Facebook it should be "+1 Likes" and Twitter "+1 Retweets".

And the die carrying troll definitely needs "rpgcodex" on his shirt and numbers on the die here if he's going to be in full colour.

The monochrome mob looks much better than the coloured one though. It also looks angrier, which is nice.

Tormented Seph

Scholar
Personal opinion, I like the white business card (1st on left). The troll carrying the die needs to be on the front though, next to the RPG CODEX like it is with the letterhead.

I'm still wondering whether that die needs numbers on it too... And wondering what that looks like in that outlined style.

On the back, how about using the high-res :rpgcodex: troll whomever it was posted earlier, only as a faded watermark (that way you can write on that side if need be)?
I'm not sure if this is what you asked for:

zv6Q7up.png

Which combo do you prefer?

Not really sold on this for Twitter and Facebook.

I like the concept of the +1 and of each card / thing having a unique comment. For Facebook it should be "+1 Likes" and Twitter "+1 Retweets".

And the die carrying troll definitely needs "rpgcodex" on his shirt and numbers on the die here if he's going to be in full colour.

The monochrome mob looks much better than the coloured one though. It also looks angrier, which is nice.
Here the Logo:

EPtZ5yE.png

For the social cover I don't know...do you prefer some combination with the Ultima cover? Not so good for some alternative but I can try.
Otherwise I go for the monochrome, adding "+1 Likes/Followers/Retweets" and the logo with "RPG Codex" on shirt and number on dice (all white).

Let me know.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Personally, I like the first combo. But I would remove the "RPG Codex" on the troll's t-shirt, at least on the watermark. It overlays with the info and looks weird.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
+1 whatever looks silly imho.

In the meantime, while I've no idea who will win or who DU will actually pay or anything, I've updated the Twitter banner with this:

This is the best I can do trying to re-pixelart it:

1920x341:

oahwtFP.png

1600x421 (the visible area in twitter cover):

w8FHcWk.png

However, the recommended Twitter header size is actually 1500x500 (otherwise a part of the image gets cropped no matter what) so I had to resize it with lanczos a bit. As a result, it looks somewhat washed out again:

Still better before, though.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You faggets have the answer on page 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom