Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SC2 HOtS.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
While mucking about in bronze league after stat resets I like to try winning by building nothing but probes and cannons. I'll of course get the armour and shield upgrades for my probes. Anyway, the bronze leaguers are so pacifist at the start, and bad at everything else, too, that it's almost possible to win by doing this. Cannons can defend well enough and two hundred 0/3/3 probes can function as a decent field army against,like, 10 marines and a medivac (or whatever bronze leaguers muster). But a problem arises when going in for the kill, which is that it's basically impossible to get probes up the enemy ramp. You have to rely on surrounds to kill anything off, even with vastly superior forces and upgrades, so being forced into the narrow confines of a choke is an assured failure. That is why I can only almost win, but not quite.

Using zealots instead of probes is noob shit. :0/5: decline of bronze league.

Allow yourself to build warp prisms as well so you can cannon offensively.

I think the best game would be a Terran who uses entirely widow mines. Just think, they are like photon cannons that can move, have splash damage, and are invisible.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think the best game would be a Terran who uses entirely widow mines. Just think, they are like photon cannons that can move, have splash damage, and are invisible.
You can't do that, they don't attack structures.

So a spine crawler would simply poke at them. And spore thrower would provide recon.

pan

Learned
While mucking about in bronze league after stat resets I like to try winning by building nothing but probes and cannons. I'll of course get the armour and shield upgrades for my probes. Anyway, the bronze leaguers are so pacifist at the start, and bad at everything else, too, that it's almost possible to win by doing this. Cannons can defend well enough and two hundred 0/3/3 probes can function as a decent field army against,like, 10 marines and a medivac (or whatever bronze leaguers muster). But a problem arises when going in for the kill, which is that it's basically impossible to get probes up the enemy ramp. You have to rely on surrounds to kill anything off, even with vastly superior forces and upgrades, so being forced into the narrow confines of a choke is an assured failure. That is why I can only almost win, but not quite.

Using zealots instead of probes is noob shit. :0/5: decline of bronze league.

Allow yourself to build warp prisms as well so you can cannon offensively.

you may have just revolutionised the bronze league meta game

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
is it possible to play custom games over continents now?

Gotta say the new hellbat is fucking ridiculous. If the enemy has blue flame hellbats you might as well just stop making lings, because even two or three can kill any number of runbys. With 2 upgrades the hellbats oneshot lings in a cone. Oh, and they also trade equally with roaches due to their ridiculous 100% splash. And they are a mineral sink, and don't die to aoe because of ridiculous HP. ffsBLIZZAAAAAAAAARD

odrzut

Arcane
So I bought hots last week. Got placed in bronze league, moved to silver in a few days. I play protoss and it feels OP (yeah, what do I know, I'm in silver). Anyway - against protoss I have sth like 20% win rate, with terrans 80% (proxy oracle every game ;) ), and around 50% with zergs.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's getting tiresome hearing those commentators sucking Innovation cock so much.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's getting tiresome hearing those commentators sucking Innovation cock so much.

He beat one of the best players in the world. He just is good at what he does.
I know that he is good, defeating Flash and Life is no easy feat and he deserve appraise but those commentators are really annoying. It's not enough saying that the guy is good you have to suck his cock for two entire matches. The match between Flash and Parting, it was visible that they understimated Parting and entered Flash fan girl mode.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

He beat one of the best players in the world. He just is good at what he does.
I know that he is good, defeating Flash and Life is no easy feat and he deserve appraise but those commentators are really annoying. It's not enough saying that the guy is good you have to suck his cock for two entire matches. The match between Flash and Parting, it was visible that they understimated Parting and entered Flash fan girl mode.

Have you seen commentators commenting any sport? Well, more dynamic ones like football at least. They always overreact its what they do and now it begins in e-sports too. Its a direction things will move forward too - more like real sports with semi professional commentators. Hate it or love it there is no alternative right now.

Works great on my 4,7" LG L9. Controls are good enough.

But then again, I was always a "CASUAL" mouse player who didn't know any shortcut in SC/WC3, so I guess for those players it would be pointless.

Still, an incline of popamole devices.

American world championship is hilarious :lol: a guy kills 20 drones in early harass and still loses a drawn out game :lol: It's better than bronze league heroes.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ha ha ha, what? Seriously? I saw Flash concede after he lost 10 workers to reaper harass as he assessed hes too far behind. Gotta watch this shit.

Hm, this happened two times (while I was watching). First, Hendralisk did an all-in vs taeja and managed to kill 25 SCVs with a couple banes. This left both of them with three bases, tho hendralisk obviously ahead. Taeja attacked him with a 8-10 marines and a couple of medivacs, and used his vastly superior micro to trade extremely efficiently. Hendralisk sent his army like a small trickle, and his 1 by 1 blings were easily focused. He also completely forgot, for some reason, to upgrade, so by the end taeja had 3-3 vs hendralisks 1-1

The second and third times were drunkenboi vs tilea or soemthing, a tranny from NZ. drunkenboi harassed her like crazy but never managed to do anything beyond that. He was also notorious for letting his siege tanks tank, something which of course you should never do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom