Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SC2 HOtS.

Exar Kun

Scholar
So I tried some unranked games to practice, I don't even know what they do with these newfangled units and it says it would match me against similarly skilled opponents so why not, I still seem to have the old mechanics down where they were, I guess you don't forget that kind of stuff.

First guy builds only marines from a single base (had a starport ready for production at maybe 10 minutes), I push with a few siege tanks and marines so I can get my third up, well he just dies. OK

Next guy manages to be 6 workers behind at around 6 minutes, he got his hatch first opening but what the fuck man, I did no harass whatsoever, just fagged about my base? I did this random 6 rax onebase with combat shields and +1 weapons (yeah I haven't been playing in a while), when my 23 marines, a reaper and some 8 scv's come knocking he has 5 banelings, 3 zerglings and a spine crawler. I watched the replay, so when he sees I have pretty much nothing but marines and no expansion, he proceeds to use every single larva on drones.

Similarly skilled opponents, yeah ok. Well no matter, I only care about figuring out some new openings anyway. I can't help but notice that siege mode is now free, sounds like it's all-in christmas for me.

It takes a few games for your MMR to adjust to the correct spot.

asongforsimeon

Educated
Well, bought this, finished the campaing in the course of a night. Really, really easy. I can't say it's a great game. Certainly inferior to Wings of Liberty. But nevertheless, i like the story, the characters, the general b-movie ripoff melodramatic stereotypical mystic space opera vibes... so I don't regret dishing the jewgold. Multiplayer, bah, too frantic for me.

It takes a few games for your MMR to adjust to the correct spot.

Thought so. It's pretty fun now how everybody's builds suck and most of the time they're cheesing. I just had somebody 7 roach rush me, I thought that shit was dead especially against Terran, but my build necromancy reached even further, a 3rax stim timing. That stuff was really popular when I started. Needless to say, Marauders beat roaches.

I like the new mine unit, Thor changes, free siegemode, free seeker missiles and Hellbats. Medivac speed feels like cheating. What I don't like are the new maps. Most of them look like bullshit.

Wow i though building 10+ science vessels and irradiate everything in SC1 TvZ was gay (and i play terran) but 12+ casters at each side? Blizzard screwed something up somewhere with unit balance.

Infestors are really just so silly. Fungal Growth is an ability that shouldn't need to exist.

Ravens... I don't get why he was spamming ravens.

free siegemode
"checks update notes"
Lol wut? Blizz r u crazy?

yeah... fucking terrans why not add a free nuke the first time you build the ghost academy.

I'd go for the first Bunker and Medivac being pre-loaded.

Psquit

Arcane
Wow i though building 10+ science vessels and irradiate everything in SC1 TvZ was gay (and i play terran) but 12+ casters at each side? Blizzard screwed something up somewhere with unit balance.

Infestors are really just so silly. Fungal Growth is an ability that shouldn't need to exist.

Ravens... I don't get why he was spamming ravens.

free siegemode
"checks update notes"
Lol wut? Blizz r u crazy?

yeah... fucking terrans why not add a free nuke the first time you build the ghost academy.

I'd go for the first Bunker and Medivac being pre-loaded.

He was trying to look edgy like a fucking korean.

pan

Learned
He made ravens because cost wasn't an issue, only supply was. A raven uses the same amount of supply as a vikings and is more potent, so it's an obvious choice to spam them at his juncture.

The flaws that that video highlights are as follows. One, it is easy for both players to play passively enough that they are able to stockpile the resources needed to afford such retarded unit compositions. Two, there was an excessive amount of contention over a small area of land (while this point isn't so bad on occasion, it becomes a flaw when it is relatively commonplace). Three, the micro was repetitive and consisted too much of spamming unit abilities. Four, it demonstrates late game imbalance (admittedly, this point is a bit redundant after point number one).

I had to re-iterate that this game is shit, as it seems as though some people do not believe me.

Johannes

Arcane
He made ravens because cost wasn't an issue, only supply was. A raven uses the same amount of supply as a vikings and is more potent, so it's an obvious choice to spam them at his juncture.

The flaws that that video highlights are as follows. One, it is easy for both players to play passively enough that they are able to stockpile the resources needed to afford such retarded unit compositions. Two, there was an excessive amount of contention over a small area of land (while this point isn't so bad on occasion, it becomes a flaw when it is relatively commonplace). Three, the micro was repetitive and consisted too much of spamming unit abilities. Four, it demonstrates late game imbalance (admittedly, this point is a bit redundant after point number one).

I had to re-iterate that this game is shit, as it seems as though some people do not believe me.
The game is shit but so are your arguments. "I don't want to learn build orders"? Nigga please, name a good strategy game where you wouldn't need to learn about different openings in-depth systematically to do well.

I tried doing a homebrew Widow Mine drop. I thought it was pretty gay but if the other player had any better reactions it wouldn't have done as much damage, it's not like those things can chase workers well. How about just ordinary hellion drop.

All but one zerg thus far goes "ROACHES I'M BUILDING ROACHES EASY MODE" against a guy whose nick is Siegetanks. Okay.

pan

Learned

The game is shit but so are your arguments. "I don't want to learn build orders"? Nigga please, name a good strategy game where you wouldn't need to learn about different openings in-depth systematically to do well.

YOu need me to dumb down my previous posts for you. Okay, I'll state it plainly, rather than rely on your ability of infer it. SC2 has lots of build orders and those build orders are very important. It stands in contrast to SC1, where there were fewer build orders and those build orders were of lesser importance in relation to other areas of the game. Memorizing build orders is a banal experience, so this aspect of SC2 works to it's detriment.

Kraszu

Prophet
Yes, when SC2 was brand new, GOMTV was sponsored by Blizzard. Regardless, every SC2 tournament must pay a fee to Blizzard.

Here you have your prove that blizzard is paying to have pro SC2:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=404725

"However, with a persuasion of Blizz. with much money, OGN will also take a choice to be a supervision broadcast company (just like Gretech). OGN demanded billions won ( which is like millions dollars in USD), and it was told taht BLizz will support OGN with 2 billion won a year( which is 1.8 million USD)"

You have to be extremely naive to believe that they didn't kill pro SC:BW that was they competition. OSL was canceled when the problems with Blizzard had started, Blizzard demanded fees for pro SC:BW, but pays millions to have pro SC2 but I am sure that this is completely unrelated to pro SC:BW dying by coincidence at that time.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Finished the campaign after not removing the game from an inventory. Wow, if they keep going this way the next game retardedness will we hard to top in years to come.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh my fucking god, that protoss guy was literally insane. I mean, doing same thing over and over and expecting different results is pretty much the definition of insanity, right?

Psquit

Arcane
Oh my fucking god, that protoss guy was literally insane. I mean, doing same thing over and over and expecting different results is pretty much the definition of insanity, right?

No, he thought he was playing on a console :lol:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I like that the only time protoss used attack-move instead of move that entire game, he used it to kill one of his own Dark Templars.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I don't have a fucking clue about the multiplayer portion of SC2, but holy fuck, that was painful to watch :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
My God, those guys are this awful or they are just showing off to Husky? The Protoss guy should get the award of mentally challenged player of the decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom